Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iltheas

Hoon Hoe Brothers (eagle Design)?

On 6/1/2018 at 9:07 AM, Vivian Chan Hector said:

Eagle design's favourite phrase is sign the contract, make full payment and I will do the work at my own time. Disgusting work ethics, rude service staff and obnoxious Mr Tan who likes to shout at his customers. He has even employed his filipino maid to be a receptionist. Not sure if that is legal. Shady and low quality work. Never frequent Eagle design or Hoon Hoe.

Dear Vivian,

Eagle Design goes by a 10%-40%-40%-10% payment structure for cash/transfer according to the stage of work done. We do hit busy periods during the year especially before celebrations like Chinese New Year, Hari Raya and Deepavali. Sometimes, customers do not follow the contract and fail to make prompt payment. That makes it very difficult for us to expedite the process. We apologise for the delay and will try to improve our distribution of manpower.

We also handle a few projects at once so it's not feasible that every single day there is a worker at your home. As you know, the holy trinity of good-fast-cheap is impossible. Eagle Design's strength is in quality and cost due to economies of scale and we advise that we set a realistic timeline for renovation as we often group similar works at different houses together. Do include a due date in our contract if you need to be in time for a festival or move-in. We will honour that as long as the owner does not make any last minute changes in materials and makes payment promptly. The due date will not include the touch-ups as customers may call us much later.

We are accredited under CaseTrust.

18467398_ScreenShot2019-05-03at4_04_23pm.png.f104d4b857ad7673a8236342fc8f06a2.png

Our prices are transparent and any increase in price has a valid reason. Thank you for raising the example of getting another kind of tile which requires a $900 increase, the combination of lower discounts from a non-affiliated supplier and the extra workmanship in fitting your tiles with right angle edges require more time and cost, and Mr Tan is very upfront about explaining why. 

Mr Tan is a veteran with 40 years in the business. This is only possible because many customers find great value and quality in his renovation. He may be a bit loud sometimes as it comes with the territory of managing so many workers but he gets things done and makes sure he responsibly touches up to the customer's satisfaction. We have customers whose three generations of houses are done by him and are still in good condition to this date.

We are fully responsible in touching up to your satisfaction. If you are our customer (and not a competitor with no prior renovation work done by us), feel free to contact our friendly Filipino administrator (not all Filipinos are maids and yes she has a valid work pass) and we would go to your house for touch-up.

Best Regards,

Eaglet

Edited by eaglet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 3/17/2010 at 12:21 PM, eaglet said:

Hi,

Thank you for raising this concern. Eagle Design is a subsidiary of Hoon Hoe Bros. Renovation, which has 30 years of solid reputation in the industry. Both are owned by Mr Tan Chim Hoon. The reason for creating Eagle Design was to differentiate our interior design services from normal contract work as part of a rebranding effort. Eagle Design mostly does design for private properties, and the execution is passed to Hoon Hoe Bros. Renovation & Trading, registered under HDB as HB-05-1219B. Therefore, you can be rest assured that all the renovation work is done by a licensed contactor.

Our headquarters cum showroom is situated at Blk 1 Everton Park #01-37 while our own workshop is situated at Tong Lee Building, and both properties are owned by Mr Tan. If there are any doubts about the shareholder, please refer to details on the Registrar of Companies (ROC). Hoon Hoe Bros. Renovation & Trading: 23499100C, Eagle Design Pte Ltd: 20050002W. Mr Tan is also part of the Singapore Renovation Contractors and Material Suppliers Association.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your continual support! Eagle Design caters to the budget of every homeowner. No job is too big or too small and we will work closely with you to create your dream home. We have received many positive testimonials and our name has spread through word-of-mouth. Do visit our website Eagle Design Pte Ltd to view our gallery of renovated homes.

Regards,

Eagle Design Pte Ltd

(Mr. Tan: 91916633)

Eagle design's favourite phrase is sign the contract, make full payment and I will do the work at my own time. Disgusting work ethics, rude service staff and obnoxious Mr Tan who likes to shout at his customers. He has even employed his filipino maid to be a receptionist. Not sure if that is legal. Shady and low quality work. Never frequent Eagle design or Hoon Hoe.

On 8/26/2014 at 10:38 PM, SimpleLooks said:

Mr Tan is still in business today because I find his work best value for money, and he has integrity (compared to many of the horror stories I've heard of other contractors). I did my condo reno by him several years ago, and my family (parents, brothers) properties are all done by him too. I know that time wise he is very stretched (cos he takes on a lot of jobs, that's how he can keep up volume and lower cost), so he is probably not suitable for those of you asking for attentive, fast service, tight schedule. But my cabinets and reno are all very well done and and lasting (its been about 8 years and going strong), and the prices were great. I'm looking around to update my unit again, and I won't hesitate to use him again.

After all my dealings with him, I will tell all my friends, Cheap will always be cheap. I would never recommend Mr Tan or eagle design to anyone. 

On 12/22/2010 at 7:26 PM, lsf77 said:

Dear all,

Unless you have a lot of time for your renovations, avoid this contractor.

Bottomline: Low quote = Long/Massive delay

Do not believe the below:

a) Definitely no problem!

b) Relax, no worry!

c) We work on Sundays and Public Holidays for you.

d) We have people to finish the job on time.

If you have to proceed, do remember to:

1) put in a clause in your contract to state the monetary compensation for each day of delay.

2) ensure your counter party is Hoon Hoe Brothers, not Eagle Design. (This is to ensure the demerit points are recorded under Hoon Hoe Brothers when a credible dispute break out).

Despite these imperfections, I would add that Mr Tan is a responsible contractor as he answered and returned most of my calls. I believe the delays are due the "slowness" of his workers or his sub-contractors. I see that they tends to stretch the works.

This is my remarks after dealing with Mr Tan for past 2 months.

Net, if you have a tight schedule, avoid this contractor. Otherwise, it should be fine if you have the time.

Good luck to all out there!

Mr Tan is one " cheap " contractor. Totally unprofessional in his work ethics. Stay away from Eagle design. They don't even have approved Hdb license for renovation.

I have had such nightmare dealing with Mr Tan from eagle design. First and foremost, he is one obnoxious man. Secondly, he gave me a quotation for the layover of tiles for my toilet and said he could only do my work after I sign and make full payment. I wanted to know the time he could come and renovate my place. He said he would tell me after I sign the contract and make full payment he would tell me. Whats really wrong in knowing the date and time for renovation beforehand so that I could days off from work. He was not happy I insisted to know the date and time and he shouted at me saying, he has no time to entertain my queries. Such a shady character. Please dont ever deal with Mr Tan from Eagle design. Waste of time as there are completely polite contractors around. Cheap will always be cheap in the case of Eagle design.

Mr Tan is still in business today because I find his work best value for money, and he has integrity (compared to many of the horror stories I've heard of other contractors). I did my condo reno by him several years ago, and my family (parents, brothers) properties are all done by him too. I know that time wise he is very stretched (cos he takes on a lot of jobs, that's how he can keep up volume and lower cost), so he is probably not suitable for those of you asking for attentive, fast service, tight schedule. But my cabinets and reno are all very well done and and lasting (its been about 8 years and going strong), and the prices were great. I'm looking around to update my unit again, and I won't hesitate to use him again.

I know this is an old thread...but curiosity didn't kill this cat this time. :no:

Saw HoonHoe aka EagleDesign's advertisement in the newspapers today.

Seems for all the negative comments...Mr Tan is still in the business.

Oh well...at least is learnt something today...since i dun really have the time to while away for my renovations.

Dear all,

Unless you have a lot of time for your renovations, avoid this contractor.

Bottomline: Low quote = Long/Massive delay

Do not believe the below:

a) Definitely no problem!

b) Relax, no worry!

c) We work on Sundays and Public Holidays for you.

d) We have people to finish the job on time.

If you have to proceed, do remember to:

1) put in a clause in your contract to state the monetary compensation for each day of delay.

2) ensure your counter party is Hoon Hoe Brothers, not Eagle Design. (This is to ensure the demerit points are recorded under Hoon Hoe Brothers when a credible dispute break out).

Despite these imperfections, I would add that Mr Tan is a responsible contractor as he answered and returned most of my calls. I believe the delays are due the "slowness" of his workers or his sub-contractors. I see that they tends to stretch the works.

This is my remarks after dealing with Mr Tan for past 2 months.

Net, if you have a tight schedule, avoid this contractor. Otherwise, it should be fine if you have the time.

Good luck to all out there!

Edited by lsf77

You should not sign the contract with Eagle Design as they are not the licence contractor. Under HDB ruling, you should be engaging licence contractor to do the work. HDB will go after licence contractor for any unauthorise work, else the owner normally get double if you did not engage the licence contractor. The fine is as high as $5K and you are still required to regularise any unauthorise work. Besides, many unlicence contractor could have printed their"friends" licence and claim to be associates. When problem occur, they will disappear and you can't sue the licence contractor as you did not enter into contract with them. Unless, you can check or ask eagle design to prove the relationship between; ie both the sharehold or director must be the same in both company, else legally you cannot do much.

Besides, I would suggest you to check few more quote before deciding and compare between objectively. Looking at the raising cost of material and labour, no contractor will want to do a losing business. Hence, just be a little wary of cheap contractor. If you need help, please PM me.

Hi,

Thank you for raising this concern. Eagle Design is a subsidiary of Hoon Hoe Bros. Renovation, which has 30 years of solid reputation in the industry. Both are owned by Mr Tan Chim Hoon. The reason for creating Eagle Design was to differentiate our interior design services from normal contract work as part of a rebranding effort. Eagle Design mostly does design for private properties, and the execution is passed to Hoon Hoe Bros. Renovation & Trading, registered under HDB as HB-05-1219B. Therefore, you can be rest assured that all the renovation work is done by a licensed contactor.

Our headquarters cum showroom is situated at Blk 1 Everton Park #01-37 while our own workshop is situated at Tong Lee Building, and both properties are owned by Mr Tan. If there are any doubts about the shareholder, please refer to details on the Registrar of Companies (ROC). Hoon Hoe Bros. Renovation & Trading: 23499100C, Eagle Design Pte Ltd: 20050002W. Mr Tan is also part of the Singapore Renovation Contractors and Material Suppliers Association.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your continual support! Eagle Design caters to the budget of every homeowner. No job is too big or too small and we will work closely with you to create your dream home. We have received many positive testimonials and our name has spread through word-of-mouth. Do visit our website Eagle Design Pte Ltd to view our gallery of renovated homes.

Regards,

Eagle Design Pte Ltd

(Mr. Tan: 91916633)

hi all, this Mr Tan sounds like a nightmare, frm wat i see above, he seem to charge $88 pfr for kitchen cabinet. that is $2 cheaper than my next lowest quotation.. so in fact, i dont think mr tan's price is so attrictive afterall.

I will only consider him if he is AT LEAST $4K less than wat the rest of the contractors are offering me, anything less than that i wont likely consider him lah..

can i know how much cheaper is his reno costs as compared to your next lowest, according to ur research? can PM me also if convenient.. thanks

does anyone have any latest updates from ur reno with mr tan? I am thinking of engaging him too..coz price looks reasonable but quite shocked to see all the comments so far...

hi all, this Mr Tan sounds like a nightmare, frm wat i see above, he seem to charge $88 pfr for kitchen cabinet. that is $2 cheaper than my next lowest quotation.. so in fact, i dont think mr tan's price is so attrictive afterall.

I will only consider him if he is AT LEAST $4K less than wat the rest of the contractors are offering me, anything less than that i wont likely consider him lah..

can i know how much cheaper is his reno costs as compared to your next lowest, according to ur research? can PM me also if convenient.. thanks

Well, I personally don't like his work attitude...

If you want SLIGHTLY cheaper prices and keep waiting, why not?

What was it that was said with regards to my project? "Your's is a small project, if it were a big project, I'd have finished it long ago!" <- Totally attitude man!

Edited by nslconnie

Hi

Can check if u guys faces the below problem when reno with Mr. Tan?

1) Nvr use "paint" to touchup the warerode capentry after doing those cabinet & drawers?

2) TV console carpentry up, but nvr include power point? He told me that the wires from the Tv console (Featured Wall) is for the TV one.. Then I ask him how abt the power point for my dvd player etc.. He then tell me, oh u need it ah? I have been waiting for at least 1 week for the power point!

3) Painting not well done. Can see patches of touchup on the wall but nvr repaint the whole wall. So now my wall have different color of paint, some white some lighter.

4) Keep giving empty promise that his worker will come up to do but waited one day after another.

enseng > I will settle all my debts with him before CNY cos it's not auspicious to owe debts after CNY. New Year everything new mah. Had hold on to the payment since Oct loh. Mr Tan dun chase for payment unless his assistant, Linda could not settle the case eh.

So u tell Linda that you want to hold the payment? What did she say? She agreed? Dunno what else can I do to make him to do faster....any suggestion? haha