Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iltheas

Hoon Hoe Brothers (eagle Design)?

enseng > I will settle all my debts with him before CNY cos it's not auspicious to owe debts after CNY. New Year everything new mah. Had hold on to the payment since Oct loh. Mr Tan dun chase for payment unless his assistant, Linda could not settle the case eh.

Edited by stoutkid

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my from 3d inno.. mayb my is not so much business so can do fast fast for me leh? jokin.. but yup my is fast and good.. but others forumer don hav good experience with them.. but ok lah up to individual to judge perfection.. in singapore the standard not yet so high.. as long as the ideas he give and the selection he make is good and suits my taste, my is successful.. its always important to b able to talk more to them to know more lo

Yah, cannot engage him if u need the house urgently...wow Mr. Tan agreed to let u hold his payment till CNY. he muz be **** rich haha....dun bother to chase u for the payment also ...so how long have u been holding the payment? I intend to hold his payment also as I have the feeling that there'll be more defect ....

Summerholiday, ur contractor is called edmund? from which company...Last time I was considering Mr. Tan and Edmund too....but dunno whether is the same Edmund?

Hee....

I totally agreed with enseng. Mr Tan takes ages to complete a house reno. So when I had my 3 housewarmings, pepople asked me how much had I invested in house reno and they were "WOW"~! Some of them wanted to get his contacts from me but I would somehow advise them that he's a slow coach so just be mentally prepared if engaged him to do the house. I am still holding onto his payment till CNY. See if there's anymore defects to mend or not.

enseng > I don't think it's useful to write b/w with datelines. There might be pro and con too. What if clients want to change design/concept last min. I understood that there are difficult customers who "suka-suka" change designs every now and then.

SummerHols, I hope your furby will get well soon. Not easy for him to come to this stage. Be strong and I hope the best for him k.

Hi all,

Just saw this topic and would like to share something. I also engaged Mr. Tan for my house renovation works, very disappointed with him and his work.

He never be punctual, I have to wait for him for hours sometime. There's only one time he is late less than 15 minutes when we meet him to pass him the 1st payment.

Secondly, I feel that he is irresponsible, he never came to supervise his work and update us what is happening. He told us it will take 6 weeks to complete the renovation but now is already 3 months and yet still dragging. I am very pissed off with his attitude. Everytime when I question him when to do the job,he will tell us "oh, very fast..will do it within 1 or 2 days"..but yet he never do...Now I fed up already, so whoever has the same experience...dun be taken in by his word...that's his trick.

Workmanship is also not good. For example my kitchen cabinet, the top cabinet was built slanted. When I complaint to him, he still want to blame the HDB's contractors not doing a good job, the wall tiles slanted. But after that, we do a check with levelling gauge, it was his worker's fault instead. Somemore, my Hood was damaged during the installation coz his workers forced it into the cabinet. I ask him to change a new one.

For my walk-in wardrobe, already remind him a few times that the wardrobe should be within the area tat I told him coz we already bought the bed. I cannot put my bed if the walk-in wardrobe exceed the area. But yet he still do wrongly, when I was there, his worker told me that he already consulted him and he said ok. lucikly they still have not fixed it to the floor so i ask them to change. He did not even ask me when he wanted to do changes.

I think his attitude is do 1st then say, if owner cannot accept then change or worse still cannot be changed anymore so you have take it as it is.

Now, I am waiting for him to finish the walk-in wardrobe and feature wall for bomb shelter which he has delayed for more than a weeks, actually it only left a bit work to complete the renovation. I just don't understand why he cannot finish it.

Call and nag him many times but still no improvement, I think he get used to all those complaints already. Now I can only hope that he quickly completes the job.

Sorry for being too long winded, just want to share my experience....so for those who still intend to engage him. You might want him to write black and white on the date that he promised to finish the job, else I can assure he will just drag and drag.

tired managing my old cat.. med and drip daily.. tired with my work too.. peak season.. work till my leg cannot tahan anymore lo.. but when take a look at my house again, its like so happy finally it's done and is to what i want.. my liking..

not yet housewarming cos don wan to frighten my sick cat.. still on nursing.. he will be on drip till the last of him.. so all i can think of is to make his life better.. so trying to spend time with him..

hi sk, how's life at new place? hee.. i end up still no house warming yet.. been so busy dripping my cat with glucose daily basis.. old cat, kidney down.. life is jus so short..

now more and more lazy to do house work.. everyday work till wan to drop dead lo.. any good news for little mouse yet?

Hi summer, just ended my 3 housewarming last sat. Very tiring indeed. Then tonight got a mini xmas gathering with his friends at home. Quite happening but extuasting loh. No little mouse yet (better not)..haha... house too big too handle and we need more time to spend with each other first. Lift changes alot when new life comes in. No more "daddy" 1st liew. Haha.. My contractor came to my house for housewarming too. Got a big AP and a gift from him too. Not bad huh.

What about you? How's everything?

hi sk, how's life at new place? hee.. i end up still no house warming yet.. been so busy dripping my cat with glucose daily basis.. old cat, kidney down.. life is jus so short..

now more and more lazy to do house work.. everyday work till wan to drop dead lo.. any good news for little mouse yet?

Hi vvix,

I had the following item FOC from him.

1. 2 sets of 7pc bathroom accessories with mirrors (for 2 toilets)

2. 1 pull-out dish drying trays (large - 4 tiers)

3. 1 cutlery holder (in drawer - customised)

4. 1 pc of 24" stainless steel sink/basin (at service balcony)

5. materials for my foyer

6. Installation of lighting fixtures

7. Acid washing

Others

8. labour to install lighting at my sis's room

9. labour to help my mum to purchase bamboo poles

10. labour to install lighting points at my parents' house

Hi stoutkid,

Could you share what kind of freebies that were given?

Maybe instead of lowering the price I will ask for more freebies instead...

Hi VVIX, Mr Tan's quote on the whole is considered reasonably cheap already. However, I would suggest you to get several quotes before deciding which contractor/Id to sign up with.

I had some freebies from Mr Tan. You might want to negotiate with him. He charged me 14ft each (top & bottom) for $2475. It's not accurate to cite my quote. You should collect at least 4-5quotes. Not too many too else you would get more confused.

I have moved in since early Oct and so far so good. not much complaints. :dunno:

Hi, I may engage Mr Tan's renovation services.

May I ask whether his quotation is considered reasonable?

For kitchen cabinet, how much he quote for pfr? etc?

Need to bargain further and ask for more freebies?

He kept telling me that his price is very low already... :dunno:

Hi summer, it's kinda hard to go marketing esp when so tired after work. I get my mum to buy for me in the market and hubby to help bring them back for me to make dinner (occasionally only loh).

Other houses still undergo renovation so my house still needs heaps of cleaning. Terrible.

It's a nice morning to sleep late as it's raining but gotta work. Argh....

wow surely nice leh.. and big too.. :P

how's life now? must b light me everyday work and go home still need do house work..

my retail hours make me very tired lo.. going home late hours still do house work :<