Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Mitsubishi Starmex Easy Clean non invertor only do have both R410 and R22, their product website do stated the model, so it is normal for R410 model to be more expensive?

R410 is more ex than R2.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Most aircon suppliers ( esp big ones) carry their own house brand insulation. Material will be less inferior compare to commerical types : Class 0 Armaflex and thermflex. They will claim that their inhouse types are better coz they carry mah.

Their installation fees tend to be cheaper if u notice. Most sales guys only sell for comission coz they know customers know nuts about aircon, so they smoke u till GONG GONG.

Go for either Armaflex or thermaflex, these are reliable types ( lao zi hao) that have low thermal conductivity that give better condensation control hence energy saving.

Like what I said in my previous posts...go for better installation as the range diff is only $100~$200. Fyi. aircon suppliers earn much on installation than selling aircon units.

If you ask them to use Armflex or thermaflex, see if they ask for top-up. If yes, you know their insulation standard liao. If they claim theirs is better why need to top-up.

Vowsh,

Thanks... So you mean Armaflex or thermaflex will be a better choose than totaline I'm right to say that? :bow:

Cuz allbest Quoted Totaline..

If they ask me to top up for Armaflex.

Hi all, i just got Toshiba System 3 Inverter from All Best IMM today @ $2,488 from a Mr Lim. Using totaline Class 0 insulation & 23 refrigrant, using 16mm pipe size for horizontal draining. Installation warranty of 60months, Servicing vouchers of $120, 2 times installation (1 for piping before painting another is after painting they will install the aircon up). He somemore wrote price guarantee wor, will match or refund deposit if I able to purchase at a lower price from other place before my installation.

Initially my husband and me looking for mit inverter system 3 @ $2,799 with a master bedroom free upgrade to higher BTU. Than my husband shook at him asking him Toshiba or Mit better. He than recommend Toshiba as Toshiba motor and assemble all in Japan and Mit motor is from japan but assemble in Thailand (I find it no diff la, but my husband think "made in jpn" better). He said Mit advertise alot, so cost is all added into our cost, whereas Toshiba don't lor, so can see the price diff. :unsure:

hi, the price of $2488 include is nett price or before GST?

A staff at GainCity told me Toshiba air con is better than Mit because he and his colleagues received less servicing complaints from buyers of Toshiba (and Panasonic) than for Mit.

This was after I had placed my deposit for a Mit Starmex System 3.

I am just passing on what I was told -- but please don't read too much into the salesman's comment.

If more ppl buy Mit Starmex than Toshiba or Panasonic, obviously there will be proportionately more servicing complaints for Starmex.

Or maybe the commission on Starmex products is less than for Toshiba / Panasonic, so the salesman is trying to promote products which will earn him higher commission?

Maybe aircon buyers should check with their friends on product reliability and cooling experience before they commit.

I had previously used several Daikin units (1 to 1 systems) in my previous apartment and was very satisfied with them, but now have to change to Mit because Daikin Sys 3 (fancoil) did not have the 26K BTU that I needed for my living room.

Need help on the following issues regarding the purchase of air-con for my new home.

1. Last weekend, my wife and I went to Best Tech at IMM and we asked about the pricing of for both Toshiba and MHI (System 3 Invertor). Both are $2568 and $2516 respectively. Its this price resonable? I would also like to hear feedback for both air-con users.

2. I would like to know if anyone have engage Best Tech to install their air-con? Cause I would like to know about their worksmanship.

3. The SuZhou lady of Best Tech(which I think some of you guys have bought the air-con from) claims that the insulator material which they used (K-Flex) is the best and most expensive of all the insulator available(well as usual she also claim its PSB certified, like any other companies' insulator). And due to this, she said we should not waste $$$ on upgrading to 1/2" and we shall stick to the given 3/8" insulator. May I know how true this is, cause i believe someone in this forum mentioned that the so call "reliable" insulator should be thermaflex and ArmaFlex (do pardon me for wrong spelling).

Really appreiciate help from all on the above enquries.

Need help on the following issues regarding the purchase of air-con for my new home.

1. Last weekend, my wife and I went to Best Tech at IMM and we asked about the pricing of for both Toshiba and MHI (System 3 Invertor). Both are $2568 and $2516 respectively. Its this price resonable? I would also like to hear feedback for both air-con users.

2. I would like to know if anyone have engage Best Tech to install their air-con? Cause I would like to know about their worksmanship.

3. The SuZhou lady of Best Tech(which I think some of you guys have bought the air-con from) claims that the insulator material which they used (K-Flex) is the best and most expensive of all the insulator available(well as usual she also claim its PSB certified, like any other companies' insulator). And due to this, she said we should not waste $$$ on upgrading to 1/2" and we shall stick to the given 3/8" insulator. May I know how true this is, cause i believe someone in this forum mentioned that the so call "reliable" insulator should be thermaflex and ArmaFlex (do pardon me for wrong spelling).

so u saw kflex? U shld go over to allbest just 2 shop down n ask to see their insulator. I was shocked to have seen how easy the kflex can be torn n allbest's insulator is solid and class 0. Must See for urself

so u saw kflex? U shld go over to allbest just 2 shop down n ask to see their insulator. I was shocked to have seen how easy the kflex can be torn n allbest's insulator is solid and class 0. Must See for urself

Hi weiht,

what the brand of insulation allbest use? :sport-smiley-018:

So in this case, does it make sense to go to All Best and ask for either Armaflex or thermaflex??

I was intending to do that or ask... But think need to top up.. zz

Have not confirm yet.. If you guy pass by allbest, do let me know if need to top up And how much the top up... zz

I think this all best and best tech are actually the same lah...if u search carefully in the internet, u can see lot of comments abt them.

If u want inverter aircon, the best is get the 1/2 inch insulation and use thermaflex and ArmaFlex ..i think one is for indoor and another for outdoor...actually i also not expert.i think she push for using 3/8 insulation is because people are smart that using 1/2 will have less problem in future.

Every aircon come with a spec,they have to follow in order to function without any potential problem being occurs later,if need to use 16mm drain pipe,then should use all regardless it is placed horizontal or vertical .

The latest price i got from Cool Serve for the Toshiba air-con (sys invertor 3) with 3/8" Armaflex insulator is at $2718.80 (Add 80 per room for 1/2"). So anyone have installed theirs' with Cool Serve. Think this is the only one that gives Armaflex.

The latest price i got from Cool Serve for the Toshiba air-con (sys invertor 3) with 3/8" Armaflex insulator is at $2718.80 (Add 80 per room for 1/2"). So anyone have installed theirs' with Cool Serve. Think this is the only one that gives Armaflex.

My thinking is to do a good installation of better material ( 1/2 inch insulation with either Armaflex or thermflex + R410 gas) Down the road say 8yrs later, aircon units die but I only need to change the compressor & fancoil ( or upgrade to invertor). Save $$ for the trunking. If you inferior insulation, the material will lose its function over years, juz like a rubber band turns hard and break after some time.

Those companies recommend their inhse brands so that they can have continous business. If use good material that can last >10yrs, they got no business liao.

That's why in my earlier posts i said that they will ask you to top-up if to upgrade to Armflex or thermflex.

If their insulation is really good then why top-up??? Their profit is very high if use their own brand insulation.

In the end if you compare material apple to apple, the difference is less than $100.

This china lady is juz a sale lady that the company hired. She basically follows what the company tell her to say. Technically i doubt she can understand how & what the spec means.

So can anyone advise if the final price for 1/2" Armaflex from Cool Serve Toshiba System 3 Invertor resonable? Well think have to really place order really soon cause have to start reno by the start of next month.

Thanks