Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

i went yday hee :)

one of da contractor's (those sitting at da void) brought us to view 2 his works..

ok lar, v simple design..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Hope those who have gotten keys to your flat, may I know what do you have in the empty house?

I understood that most of the flats do not have flooring, how about the toilet. What do they have inside? Basin? Toliet bowl? Mirror? Shower glass? Thank you.

For my unit, we opted for the basic furnishing package by HDB at a cost of $3000 + $1200 to:
  1. Lay the floor tiles for the entire unit: living room, bedrooms, kitchen, shower rooms/toilets and wall tiles in the last 2 rooms.
  2. Install doors to each room.
Now I'm compiling a list of things to buy & install. I'm not engaging ID but getting different contractors for the different requirements.

Who wants to purchase kitchen cabinets with Rinnai hoods & hobs & ceramic sink + taps? Daikin aircons? ? Nippon Paint & painting equipment? (paying PRCs to paint) The objective is to obtain better pricing with greater buying volume.

Send me a private message.

Edited by DSA

hey neighbours, we are from 221b,so please update mi into the list.so i got same block neighbours with sheppy and cohiers, which flrs are you? mine is 8th flr, facing inside, coz we dun wana take outside, due to low rise remaining and the mrt noise.

just went to visit again today, and was approached and showed several units by this ID call thiam yew seng decoration contractor, and according to him they did about 70+ units from the area and the workmanship not too bad, you can contact dennis 90507397 and he will show you ard, btw, he is uncle lah..not young chap...hehehe...

anyways, heard from him that 219c and 219d and probably 221c will prob get the keys by june the rest will be july/august.

no hurry from us as we plan only to start reno works after 09 cny and move in after that cos we have wedding to settle this year nov..dun wana to be stucked by too many things at once....

for the tv console u can either put in at the long wall or the short wall (4rm), according to the ID, i am still thinking though, but design wise, think long wall better, as we plan to get a L shaped sofa too.

keep updating this thread.....

Edited by darcbleu

Who wants to purchase kitchen cabinets with Rinnai hoods & hobs & ceramic sink + taps? Daikin aircons? ? Nippon Paint & painting equipment? (paying PRCs to paint) The objective is to obtain better pricing with greater buying volume.

Send me a private message.

I agree with DSA on bulk purchase, although its hard to coordinate. Maybe we can list our preferred brand of electrical appliances and PM each other to buy together.

Im interested in:

1. Teka Stove and hood

2. Hangrohe/Damixa taps and sinks ( i just realised that my dad bought damixa mixer and taps 15 years ago and still working now, although price is slighty high)

PM me if interested.

Some knowledge sharing for furniture:

I went to furniture warehouse (star furniture) today and found out that they have quite nice designs and price reasonable. Sungei Kadut area also have a few big warehouse to choose your furniture.

Thanks lovelee. Who going bedok today to take a look at the lovely home?

One more info to share: E-Curtains Trading http://www.ecurtains.com.sg/ - 4014 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1, #01-474 - Operation Hrs: 9am-6pm. Can go and have a look, might have good deals - remember to share ;)

I also getting bit confuse on how i want my small little 4 rooms to look like.

I am intending to put the TV console on the short wall.

I agree with DSA too. Bulk purchase on the plasma/LCD and electrical appliance portion.

Also bath room accessories too!! :)

Agree on the bulk buy too...

but i think its better to choose the shop instead of brand for bulk buy.. cos everyone gt their own preferences. Go to shop and c which types of applicances we want.. oso consider bulk buy ma.. just diff brand nia.. :P

However, if some of u can directly get from suppliers or shops of that brands.. it also possible.. :thumbs up:

and one thing to take note is that some of us will be taking keys later and different time on reno.. and we will have to ask the shops/warehouse to store the stuffs for us..

i believe not all the shops will do that.. for bigger store they might be able.. and repeated of changing delivery dates might caused fines by the shops(heard from others on this).

The recommended way to proceed with collective purchases can be as follows:

KSF: Success rate of collective purchase requires & depends on the efforts expended by each & every participant.

1. Gather genuine buyers committed to the collective purchase exercise. This will largely be based on the preferred date of purchase as I doubt the ability of dealers to accommodate different delivery dates.
  2. Exchange contact details, such as ICQ/MSN/YIM/GTalk and/or email.
  3. Each participant obtain pricing from their selected or preferred dealers on one unit of purchase, and subsequently press for better pricing on the quantity indicated by the number of buyers in Step 1. For certain items such as aircon, kitchen cabinets, quality of workmanship at the installation stage is paramount. Obtaining of price & product + services info can also be done in groups who are able to meet on weekends at a particular retailer/dealer/contractor.
  4. Meet up in person for further discussion with participants bringing the pricing info & product range for comparison.
I believe the above is an equitable way of distribution of the cost of time & efforts on the network. And I welcome any contribution of ideas how to improve this collective purchase effort for the network: Linear Green Network [LGN]

I am intending to put the TV console on the short wall.
:blink: So u intend to huddle at the opposite corner for viewing pleasure? :o Edited by DSA

Renovating your HDB flat - Getting Started

By Goh Mei Yi

Published: March 7 2008,

CATS Classified in The Straits Times

Getting started

You’ve been dreaming up colour schemes even before you’ve bought your new flat. But before you hire a renovation contractor to transform those dreams into reality, be aware of what you should and shouldn’t do.

DO

You must engage an HDB-registered renovation contractor to renovate your flat, even for works that don’t require a renovation permit. The HDB has a list of renovation contractors registered with them and also a list of Building and Construction Authority-approved window contractors.

Certain types of renovation work require permission from the HDB. You can only start such work after obtaining the permit.

For renovation work which doesn’t need a permit, you still have to comply with the guidelines set for carrying out any building and sanitary work in HDB flats.

HDB doesn’t charge fees for the renovation permits, but it is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that renovation debris is cleared away. Some town councils provide debris removal services which you need to pay for.

DON’T

If you carry out renovation works that don’t comply with HDB’s guidelines, they are treated as unauthorised works. You will have to reinstate your premises to its original condition or according to the guidelines.

Be wary of bogus contractors who claim to be from government agencies and mislead residents with repair and maintenance services which they claim are approved by the HDB or are compulsory.

Hi all,

Will be soon starting my reno. My initial planning is layout is "Kitchen 1" (cooker in center of kitchen, sink is nearer to kitchen entrance), but then recently met with renovator, he says there is some HDB ruling that sink and electrical point must be some 1 feet away. I called up HDB, they say no such ruling. Sensing he might be smoking me, can anyone confirm?

His proposed layout is "Kitchen 2".

kitchendk7.png

Hi all,

Will be soon starting my reno. My initial planning is layout is "Kitchen 1" (cooker in center of kitchen, sink is nearer to kitchen entrance), but then recently met with renovator, he says there is some HDB ruling that sink and electrical point must be some 1 feet away. I called up HDB, they say no such ruling. Sensing he might be smoking me, can anyone confirm?

His proposed layout is "Kitchen 2".

kitchendk7.png

I am thinking of doing 1 side only. possible?

Also i saw sink outside at service yard. - just a suggestion.

What you guys think...

You can refer to the HDB Renovation Guidelines - I believe there is no such ruling. Thus the question is why does your renovator (is he a ID or carpentry work contractor) recommends layout 2: Less work? Easy to work the cabinet?

Or safety issues which happens to be paramount. Is there a power point near the sink in your preferred layout 1? Water splashes from the sink ought to be kept away from the power point and any electrical appliances connected to the power point.

In addition, have you considered the ease of movement of a 2nd person in & out of the kitchen when one person is washing at the sink?

In addition, feng shui (only if u believe it) recommends that the sink should NOT face hob directly in the principle of harmony which might be disrupted by the direct opposing of water from the sink against fire from the hob.

I'm locating the hob at the corner, the other end from the fridge spot.

I am thinking of doing 1 side only. possible?

Also i saw sink outside at service yard. - just a suggestion.

What you guys think...

Anything's possible as long as you're happy lah. Question is watcha gonna do on the short kitchen wall?

Sink at the service yard? That will mean your washing of raw food and cutlery will be subjected to dust & particles in the air. Remember construction will persist till 2018. That's a good TEN years of air & noise pollution.

Edited by DSA

Hi all, my wife and I just got our keys last week. We are staying in 220C. Glad to have found a community who just gotten their flats in the same area. Really need a lot of reno advice from all the pros here...