Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Noeltan

Living Vision - Police Case?

Hi. I was at Balestier Point's Lighting.com.sg when I saw that there was a commotion **** Vision. There were a couple of Police Officers who were interviewing a customer and subsequently the staff of the shop.

Read a thread that Living Vision had some bad reputaion. Has it gotten so bad that now the Police is involved???

Any buddies know?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear All Renotalk Visitors,

The police case is indeed serious but the gist of it is that Living Vision's most famous staff used vulgar language on a customer, the full details i am sure when she see this thread she will explain in details.

I would like to say that this has happen again and again because my thread which actually prosecute the conduct of Living Vision has been deleted by the forum owner or moderator so much so that the rest of the forum visitors are not able to be warned about this living vision and how they conduct their business.

After me posting this, either this thread or i will be banned from this forum but rest assure that now i am even more determined to see that the truth is out there. I really do feel that if i have insisted on the moderator reinstating my thread maybe that particular poor customers would not have been misled by their sales tactic.

Anyway i am not the first one and will not be the last if this living vision thread is not been maintained and furniture buyers not warned before hand.

I have on hand at least 1 written account of another customer from them and if i contact him i am sure he is also willing to come out here and vouch his story.

Guys if you can please spread the word to your friends and warn them about this furniture shop at least 3 to 4 victims already how many more before someone do something about it ?

If the incident is true then moderators shouldn't delete the thread & ban TS, this will defeat the purpose for this forum. For a new member like myself, the objective of me coming here is to source for good lobangs & also same time see reviews of ID, contractors & vendors so pls do not anyhow delete posts unless flaming.

This is what happen to me.

I bought a sofa and dining set with them in late jul 2010, total package deal $2600. They called me after a few days.. telling me that they should not issue me with 1 invoice for 2 items, they have to separate the item cos it's from different supplier. I agreed and do the exchange of invoices. They priced my sofa at $1700 and my dining set at $900. I didnt think much at that time until they called me a few days ago.

They said the dining table stand that i chose cannot withhold the weight of the marble top.. I have to choose other design. No choice, i went down to chose another design.. To my dismay, they only gave me 1 design and their attitude is take it or leave it.. No choice again, i agreed. After agreeing, they told me the chairs i chose also got issue.. i have to choose another one.. When I insisted to have what i want.. they told me i have to wait for 6 months. I suggested that they loan me a display chairs during this period.. they said the waiting time is indefinite.. when i stil refused to accept the chairs they Offer.. the salesman John started to shout vulgurity at me.. I called the police.. I am very upset and angry over this..

Please please dont ever go to this shop.. They promised you moon and star before u make payment but after payment their true colour will surfaced.

This is what happen to me.

I bought a sofa and dining set with them in late jul 2010, total package deal $2600. They called me after a few days.. telling me that they should not issue me with 1 invoice for 2 items, they have to separate the item cos it's from different supplier. I agreed and do the exchange of invoices. They priced my sofa at $1700 and my dining set at $900. I didnt think much at that time until they called me a few days ago.

They said the dining table stand that i chose cannot withhold the weight of the marble top.. I have to choose other design. No choice, i went down to chose another design.. To my dismay, they only gave me 1 design and their attitude is take it or leave it.. No choice again, i agreed. After agreeing, they told me the chairs i chose also got issue.. i have to choose another one.. When I insisted to have what i want.. they told me i have to wait for 6 months. I suggested that they loan me a display chairs during this period.. they said the waiting time is indefinite.. when i stil refused to accept the chairs they Offer.. the salesman John started to shout vulgurity at me.. I called the police.. I am very upset and angry over this..

Please please dont ever go to this shop.. They promised you moon and star before u make payment but after payment their true colour will surfaced.

Omg, hope you're ok..

Thanks for the warning too

Dear All Renotalk Visitors,

The police case is indeed serious but the gist of it is that Living Vision's most famous staff used vulgar language on a customer, the full details i am sure when she see this thread she will explain in details.

I would like to say that this has happen again and again because my thread which actually prosecute the conduct of Living Vision has been deleted by the forum owner or moderator so much so that the rest of the forum visitors are not able to be warned about this living vision and how they conduct their business.

After me posting this, either this thread or i will be banned from this forum but rest assure that now i am even more determined to see that the truth is out there. I really do feel that if i have insisted on the moderator reinstating my thread maybe that particular poor customers would not have been misled by their sales tactic.

Anyway i am not the first one and will not be the last if this living vision thread is not been maintained and furniture buyers not warned before hand.

I have on hand at least 1 written account of another customer from them and if i contact him i am sure he is also willing to come out here and vouch his story.

Guys if you can please spread the word to your friends and warn them about this furniture shop at least 3 to 4 victims already how many more before someone do something about it ?

Hi Jon, actually I think I am the one who started the thread for Living Vision after my very unpleasant with them, especially the salesperson Johnny :). I was quite surprised that the thread was deleted a few weeks later while other threads that report on the poor service of other shops were left untouched. I am curious over why it was deleted because we are just sharing our true experience with the shop and not badmouthing them. I am really sad to see that there are more victims now and like what you say, the thread could have served as a warning to those who intended to buy their furnitures from the shop had it not been deleted.

To those of you who have not read about my experience with them earlier, here it is:

I would like to report on my very unpleasant experience with this furniture shop Living Vision located at Balestier Point. I bought most of my furniture from the shop last year even though I am only moving to my new house in mid April this year. As we bought many items (bed, bed side tables, sofa, coffee table, dining set, bar stools) from them, the final price came in the form of an overall figure ($6888). At that point they claimed that their products are superior to established shops such as Cellini and their pricing is very competitive because they are wholesaler. We believed them (what a mistake) and signed on the dotted line.

Three weeks before shifting house in April, the salesperson Johnny Chua called and told me that the bar stools I have paid for is no longer in production and wanted me to choose another design from a list of photos that he emailed me. My wife and I were accommodating enough to take his offer w/o questioning if the prices are comparable. But just one day before our move, he called again and advised us to re-choose the bar stools because he felt that what we have chosen don’t match the design of our house. It was only when we insisted that we are ok with the design and would rather get the bar stools early rather than re-choosing again that he admitted that the second design that we have picked earlier was also unavailable. This shows how poor their service is: They should have checked that the list of stools he emailed me are all available before sending them to me. What is most annoying is that he said I have to wait for another 2 to 3 weeks to get my stools. So I have to shift in to my new house without the bar stools.

And that's just the beginning of the nightmare!! On the day of our moving house, I received a call from a lady who is a worker of the factory that manufactures the bed I ordered from Living Vision, telling me that my bed cannot be delivered on that day because the irresponsible Johnny Chua did not inform her of the date of delivery beforehand . So the bed frame was not available. I called up the boss Steven immediately to clarify and then I was told (to my horror) that other furnitures - Dining Table and chairs, coffee table, bed side tables etc will also not be delivered because Johnny Chua did not inform all the factories that we need the furnitures on 17 April (even though we have told him over phone a few times that we wanted the furniture to be delivered on that day). It was only after much heated conversation over the phone that Steven agreed to try his best to get at least some of the furniture delivered and loaned us a temporary bed frame to use for a week first. In the end, we are still short of the dining table and the bed frame, and of course the bar stools.

After the items arrive one at a time, we found that the workmanship of the coffee table was very poor and in wrong colour. The table has eight small drawers and they all look slanted when closed. However, we were already so tired of calling them that we decided to just accept it. And every time I called up to ask when the bar stools will be delivered to us, the answer is always 3 weeks from now. We were then holding back only $200 for the final payment and cunning as they are, they said the bar stools cost only $150 each rather than the initial $200+ each before we bought them. Hence, even if we were to cancel the order for the bar stools then, they will only refund (I bet they won't agree to refund anyway) $300. So we were left stranded. We have to wait indefinitely for the bar stools to arrive, and we do not know what kind of cheap design we are going to get eventually. The bar stools finally arrived on 16 May, one month later than what they have promised.

Another annoying experience is when I voiced my unhappiness and disappointment with their service, Johnny Chua made no attempt to apologise! He just said 'ok'. Basically he thinks that since we have almost made full payment, there is nothing we can do but to endure all their nonsense.

actually I also started another thread after my incident with them apparently they deleted it dilligently after everytime I post it up. my experience was similar with the rest where they promise you anything and everything before you sign and pay but after that a whole lot of bull**** plus more bull****.

the last time I emailed the moderator or forum owner he said living vision threaten legal action which is why my thread or any thread presecuting their business conduct was removed. I replied swiftly asking if they threatening legal action against me or the forum owner but he or she has not reply till now, maybe living vision might have done something to or for moderator? really would like to know

appealing to everyone to be witness to this thread of its victim and existence

actually I also started another thread after my incident with them apparently they deleted it dilligently after everytime I post it up. my experience was similar with the rest where they promise you anything and everything before you sign and pay but after that a whole lot of bull**** plus more bull****.

the last time I emailed the moderator or forum owner he said living vision threaten legal action which is why my thread or any thread presecuting their business conduct was removed. I replied swiftly asking if they threatening legal action against me or the forum owner but he or she has not reply till now, maybe living vision might have done something to or for moderator? really would like to know

appealing to everyone to be witness to this thread of its victim and existence

They actually threatened to take legal actions??? We are all writing about our true experience! I am surprised that the moderators or the administators succumb to their pressure so easily. This forum will lose its credibility if we cannot report on the poor service of those shops that pressurises the administrators.

They actually threatened to take legal actions??? We are all writing about our true experience! I am surprised that the moderators or the administators succumb to their pressure so easily. This forum will lose its credibility if we cannot report on the poor service of those shops that pressurises the administrators.

If u are writing about true experiences, then u have to state yr name and NRIC in the open, so the forum can legally attribute the remarks to a legal entity

The same goes for another ID company. S_Y Crea_ion. I have tried to ask for comments with regards to this company and I ntoced that my post was never appeared. Also, when I checked my post, the name of the ID will change and appeared as XX.

Since this company has advertised with this forum, i think it is fair for all users to hear any comments available out there.

I hope moderators can explain clearly.

If u are writing about true experiences, then u have to state yr name and NRIC in the open, so the forum can legally attribute the remarks to a legal entity

Stating Nric and Name in the open? If the forum owner ask from me i sure give one, but to prove what?

If anyone think that this is a just a smear attack please read the stories one by one, each case has its own unique predicament but 1 thing does not change which is the business name and the point of contact. Need we say more?

If you ask me if why i am so determined on getting them? Well what happened recently to another customer is why!!!

All victims if anyone of you need my help in vouching for my experience, in front of anyone or any panel, i will be more than glad to be there no matter how time consuming it will be.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I was down at IFC Sungei Kadut yesterday and avoided that shop like a plague.. :o

Just to be sure we are talking about the Living Vision at Balestier, we do not want to accidentally sabotage other shops that might share the same name coincidentally