Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hi guys!

Just found out on MyHDBPage that I can collect my keys next Monday!! Haven't check my mailbox yet, think the official letter will be in soon.

Can't help out feel the excitement...three and a half years just fly past like that...

Hmmz, told my wifey and she just brought me back down to reality: $$$RENOVATION$$$ :furious:

Better go see my back account a few more times, soon to come back down to double-digit liao... :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
blk 90 was primarily reserved for SERS flat owners (including recent ones in Margaret Drive, Commonwealth Drv)... think both of these SERS are "closed" probably they'll release the remaining units in the next BTO..

Oh u mean nobody had selected blk 90 yet, be it SERS owners or WIS? That's the one furthest away from the MRT right? Its has a good view, cuz at the corner of the junction of Queensway and Commonwealth Dr; think if facing the right direction, some hi-floor units can see orchard road.

Oh u mean nobody had selected blk 90 yet, be it SERS owners or WIS? That's the one furthest away from the MRT right? Its has a good view, cuz at the corner of the junction of Queensway and Commonwealth Dr; think if facing the right direction, some hi-floor units can see orchard road.

no... blk 90 was open for SERS flat owners during our selection - most of the 3-rms and service apartments were already taken up; my 2nd selection was at blk 90.

i meant it was also reserved for subsequent SERS announcement (including blk 89) - hence it was not open to the recent BTO (prior to this current one).

personally, i think the best block is Blk 91... - esp. the 5 rm. (are u refering to this blk?)

no... blk 90 was open for SERS flat owners during our selection - most of the 3-rms and service apartments were already taken up; my 2nd selection was at blk 90.

i meant it was also reserved for subsequent SERS announcement (including blk 89) - hence it was not open to the recent BTO (prior to this current one).

personally, i think the best block is Blk 91... - esp. the 5 rm. (are u refering to this blk?)

Oh yes, that's what I am referring to. That's why I feel so blur because I vaguely remembered it was Blk 91 mah - but I usually have a bad memory that's why I kept quiet...hehe.

Have you received the letter yet? Yesterday I went for a tour liao - I really like the carpark's linkway to the blk and the air-well. The lifts were also separated into low-zone and high-zone, 3 lifts for each.

And the contractors all "ka chui" (hands/legs) very fast man! I was there at 9+ and saw the whole group waiting at the void deck, approaching everyone who comes in. Very hardworking also - one of them told me that he had been there since morning!! So poor ting right, imagine standing at the void deck giving out namecards for the whole day, and very few of us will actually engage their services...

Edited by zirhk3355

Oh yes, that's what I am referring to. That's why I feel so blur because I vaguely remembered it was Blk 91 mah - but I usually have a bad memory that's why I kept quiet...hehe.

Have you received the letter yet? Yesterday I went for a tour liao - I really like the carpark's linkway to the blk and the air-well. The lifts were also separated into low-zone and high-zone, 3 lifts for each.

And the contractors all "ka chui" (hands/legs) very fast man! I was there at 9+ and saw the whole group waiting at the void deck, approaching everyone who comes in. Very hardworking also - one of them told me that he had been there since morning!! So poor ting right, imagine standing at the void deck giving out namecards for the whole day, and very few of us will actually engage their services...

yeah... it was down yesterday - according to market talk (taken literally :notti: ); apparently some of them already getting their keys this week!

nope... no letters... no update to myHDBPage either. It's probably due to the fiasco done by DBS bank for my flat's redemption... so i think my keys will be in Apr....

i'll probably go for a tour tonight..:unsure:

yeah... it was down yesterday - according to market talk (taken literally :notti: ); apparently some of them already getting their keys this week!

nope... no letters... no update to myHDBPage either. It's probably due to the fiasco done by DBS bank for my flat's redemption... so i think my keys will be in Apr....

i'll probably go for a tour tonight..:unsure:

Oh you had a problem with DBS bank for the SERS flat's loan too? What happened?? I thought my case was bad - posted the story on another thread here, mine was OCBC bank.

I guess all these banks ain't really keen to have us HDB flats' owners as customers for their mortgage loan...

Oh you had a problem with DBS bank for the SERS flat's loan too? What happened?? I thought my case was bad - posted the story on another thread here, mine was OCBC bank.

I guess all these banks ain't really keen to have us HDB flats' owners as customers for their mortgage loan...

i know... that's why i said your case not really that bad... at least OCBC responded to SLA... in my case, DBS totally ignored the SLA letter for the redemption and they had to call me to follow-up on DBS...

end up.. approx 3 weeks delay in the redemption process..

i know... that's why i said your case not really that bad... at least OCBC responded to SLA... in my case, DBS totally ignored the SLA letter for the redemption and they had to call me to follow-up on DBS...

end up.. approx 3 weeks delay in the redemption process..

Did you read my story on OCBC? Huccome I cannot find the thread anymore... :dancingqueen:

So did you incur more interests due to the delay in redemption?

Actually on hindsight, I think SLA/HDB also got a part to be blamed because they stopped the monthly payment too early (like my case, in mid-Jan'07) but told the bank that they will only fully redempt in end-Feb'07. Why need to take so long?

But of course the bigger fault lies in the bank: Since SLA/HDB had already made it clear to the bank on the date for stoppage of instalments' payments and the date of full redemption, the bank should have also calculated their interests accordingly, instead of saying "full redemption amount will be based on the actual day of redemption". Are they so stupid that they are unable to factor in all the lost interests and fees until the day itself??

Wow... u lucky ppl gonna stay in the new estate... Congrats!:dancingqueen: That's a great place!:notti: New and near to everything!:notti: Great value for money!:bleah:

I am here! Where are the rest??

Tanglin Halt New Estate

Blk 89

prata

zirhk3355

Blk 90

Blk 91

bellyheng

jule

Did you read my story on OCBC? Huccome I cannot find the thread anymore... :dancingqueen:

yup... i've also responded the same in the thread... dunno wat happend to the thread thou..

So did you incur more interests due to the delay in redemption?

off course, interest was incurred - because DBS imposes a 3 month notice for full redemption - since the HDB/SLA only served the notice on 17-Jan... DBS calculated interest up to 17-Apr.

Actually on hindsight, I think SLA/HDB also got a part to be blamed because they stopped the monthly payment too early (like my case, in mid-Jan'07) but told the bank that they will only fully redempt in end-Feb'07. Why need to take so long?

DBS lagi solid... directly debit the monthly repayment amount from my DBS account - without even infoming me!

why HDB so long? hmmm... this is when Jack Neo's movie fits in very nicely...:notti:

yup... i've also responded the same in the thread... dunno wat happend to the thread thou..

off course, interest was incurred - because DBS imposes a 3 month notice for full redemption - since the HDB/SLA only served the notice on 17-Jan... DBS calculated interest up to 17-Apr.

DBS lagi solid... directly debit the monthly repayment amount from my DBS account - without even infoming me!

why HDB so long? hmmm... this is when Jack Neo's movie fits in very nicely...:dancingqueen:

Maybe one of our moderators or sponsors here is from OCBC...hehe...

U didn't know that DBS impose 3-mth full redemption? Actually its not a fair clause, which actually amounts to a penalty.

Direct debit from your savings??? Kaoz, then u are paying in cash for that instalment?? Luckily I dun have any accounts with OCBC - these people are really too far...

Im from BLK 91 and just some advices/comments if u r getting housing loans from banks. Its actually quite a norm practice for banks to request for a 3mths notice in advance for full redemption. Also if u have arrange for CPF deduction for the monthly installments, in any event if there is insufficent funds in your CPF acct, it is also a norm practice for banks to deduct directly from the giro acct. Its all stated in black & white in the letter of offer so if any clarifications is required, ask before you sign on the dotted line and not after you sign. Lets just face the truth, banks are not HDB & its the industry practice. This is harsh but its reality.

Edited by predaking

Im from BLK 91 and just some advices/comments if u r getting housing loans from banks. Its actually quite a norm practice for banks to request for a 3mths notice in advance for full redemption. Also if u have arrange for CPF deduction for the monthly installments, in any event if there is insufficent funds in your CPF acct, it is also a norm practice for banks to deduct directly from the giro acct. Its all stated in black & white in the letter of offer so if any clarifications is required, ask before you sign on the dotted line and not after you sign. Lets just face the truth, banks are not HDB & its the industry practice. This is harsh but its reality.

Oh another neighbour here! Hey, add your name to the list leh... :dunno:

As for the banks, well I think you are right; new flat owners (and I am sure new condos/houses owners too) are all mostly ill-informed about such "practices". But being a norm does not really means it fair; just that people got tired of talking about it.

So if its a norm practice for us to get our SAVINGS account deducted, I think its best not to have a savings account with the same bank that you have a loan. They can impose interests, of course, but that is sometimes negotiable depends on circumstances.

Edited by zirhk3355

Oh another neighbour here! Hey, add your name to the list leh... :notti:

As for the banks, well I think you are right; new flat owners (and I am sure new condos/houses owners too) are all mostly ill-informed about such "practices". But being a norm does not really means it fair; just that people got tired of talking about it.

So if its a norm practice for us to get our SAVINGS account deducted, I think its best not to have a savings account with the same bank that you have a loan. They can impose interests, of course, but that is sometimes negotiable depends on circumstances.

I tot only the thread starter can edit the 1st posting? Correct me if I am wrong or maybe can you update for me, pls? Thanks.

Yes, you may request not to have a savings acct or just leave the balance as zero in the acct. However when the late fees or interest charges comes into the picture, it actually affects your own credit records in credit bureau. Of cos u may request for waiver, however if its too often, you might have difficulties in getting any other facilities from the banks in the future cos this report is shared among all the banks in Singapore.