Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jazzblue

Kronotex Or Supreme For Flooring

yeah! 1K each for platform is normal price! my entire MBR is platform. my balcony is curved platform. the children love the platforms... :wub: :wub: so consider worth it! :D

Bilrich is distributor for Alsafloor, it's made in france. website is here: www.bilrich.com or www.alsafloor.com

all the best on yr reno & flooring selection!

Thanks... :) I pray I won't face any major reno nightmares.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all :)

check out my blog link below on my house reno.... its 5-rm and i did laminated flooring for my living room and 3 bedrooms. check out under the "Wood" Works tab.theres pictures of the floor. Btw mine is from supreme. workmanship is great. was there to see the guy fix them. I hope that helps. Cheers!

hi all :)

check out my blog link below on my house reno.... its 5-rm and i did laminated flooring for my living room and 3 bedrooms. check out under the "Wood" Works tab.theres pictures of the floor. Btw mine is from supreme. workmanship is great. was there to see the guy fix them. I hope that helps. Cheers!

When walking on these laminate flooring, are there any hollow sound or solid sound?

Hi All,

One question to ask the experts here.. Is there any other company apart from Kronotex who called themselves just Krono or Krono Origin?

Yesterday i went to the living exhibition held at Expo and there is a booth call Krono***.. Is that product or brand reliable?

Also, if i were to compare between pergo, quickstep and Kronotex, which will be better in terms of waterproofing and lasting of their products? Thanks a million..

Me too at Expo last Saturday. Was told by the Evorich guy that Tarkett and Parador are the first and second in terms of waterproofing, so coincidence that they sell only these two brands. Anyway, I intend to use Quickstep and I wrote in to quickstep Singapore for quotation but they ask me to contact their contrator, reason being they focus mainly on commercial customers. So the contrator contacted me and from his email address, I noticed the contractor is Y & C Resources which was formed in late 2011 according to bizfile information.

Anyone here knows about this contrator before? Or can anyone recommend me to another contrator that sell Quickstep laminates?

i saw supreme at expo. they did some demo, was quite impressed really. their higher range is not cheap also.

im gg with supreme, not the thicker ones, but AC4. will be doing my reno soon. will feedback.

When walking on these laminate flooring, are there any hollow sound or solid sound?

u can go for the 12mm ones, feels solid but not cheap. i think they are still at expo, can head down for a feel..

Hello,

I'm looking for owners who installed Kronotex Mammut or Amazone series. If you had installed either one of those series from Kronotex, care to give me some reviews of your experience with the product?

I'm trying to decide which I should go for.

Thanks.

I had supreme flooring installed 5years ago, AC3 laminate for the Rooms & AC5 laminate for living room. And fast forward to now, I have kronotex (prima floor from germany)AC3 laminate flooring installed just recently for the living room by krono original (The Oriqin Company P/L.)

Disclaimer: I am not even paid to advertise the company's name and service in here. I am doing this because I am satisfied with the workmanship, price and also to post my fair opinion on supreme and kronotex flooring likewise.

Why do i have kronotex AC3 laminate now? Because firstly, compared to Supreme who offered lifetime warranty on material and workmanship, Kronotex offered a cheaper alternative as it is their promotion. For the price given for kronotex laminate etc, it is well worth it. I would go for the good quality laminate at a reasonable price and even more so, their promotional price was also attractive for us to make the switch to Kronotex laminate. Additionally, the service is also great and pleasant simply because they did a very good job.

Supreme however in my opinion did not make good on its word to provide lifetime warranty on material and workmanship. In fact, when we called Supreme to replace some damaged boards, they quoted us a fee to change the flooring partly BECAUSE they had no stock in the same colour. This is really sad as this was never highlighted to us previously when we had signed up with Supreme, that in the event that they had no stock in the same colour, we would have to pay the cost of new flooring - what good is their lifetime warranty in the first place?

To be fair. Supreme's after sales service by the guy who attended to us, was decent but as the sales guy had already left the company when we called Supreme to change the damaged boards - we were flabbergasted to know that this so called lifetime warranty was practically useless as mentioned above :bangwall: and their AC5 laminate is clearly not as good as the AC3 laminate because the boards (AC5) left some gaps here and there during the 5 years we have been staying in our current place. We have no problems with the AC3 laminates in the bedrooms though. This should not be the case when there are already small gaps hidden by the skirting, to enable the flooring to expand - This clearly indicates the level of quality.

Edited by BunBun

I am using Supreme AC3 as well. I had some damaged boards due to air con leaks. I know such things are not covered by the warranty so I asked Supreme to quote me how much would it cost to replace the skirting and the damaged boards. They sent someone over to take a look. Apparently the color I chose is "no longer available" so I was advised to change the entire room's flooring. Ok... I said I don't mind if I changed the damaged boards to some similar color ones since that bedroom is not in use anyway. They said they'll get back to me with a quotation... they never did. After calling them again to remind them to send me the quotation and waiting in vain for another few weeks. I finally decided to live with the bloated boards. Guess they are only interested if I intend to re-floor all my bedrooms.

Well... the laminates they used for the skirting... started peeling off at the edges after 2 years of use. During my next reno, I'll rip out all the laminate skirting and flooring. It's not worth the headache.

Edited by davincey

I had supreme flooring installed 5years ago, AC3 laminate for the Rooms & AC5 laminate for living room. And fast forward to now, I have kronotex (prima floor from germany)AC3 laminate flooring installed just recently for the living room by krono original (The Oriqin Company P/L.)

Disclaimer: I am not even paid to advertise the company's name and service in here. I am doing this because I am satisfied with the workmanship, price and also to post my fair opinion on supreme and kronotex flooring likewise.

Why do i have kronotex AC3 laminate now? Because firstly, compared to Supreme who offered lifetime warranty on material and workmanship, Kronotex offered a cheaper alternative as it is their promotion. For the price given for kronotex laminate etc, it is well worth it. I would go for the good quality laminate at a reasonable price and even more so, their promotional price was also attractive for us to make the switch to Kronotex laminate. Additionally, the service is also great and pleasant simply because they did a very good job.

Supreme however in my opinion did not make good on its word to provide lifetime warranty on material and workmanship. In fact, when we called Supreme to replace some damaged boards, they quoted us a fee to change the flooring partly BECAUSE they had no stock in the same colour. This is really sad as this was never highlighted to us previously when we had signed up with Supreme, that in the event that they had no stock in the same colour, we would have to pay the cost of new flooring - what good is their lifetime warranty in the first place?

To be fair. Supreme's after sales service by the guy who attended to us, was decent but as the sales guy had already left the company when we called Supreme to change the damaged boards - we were flabbergasted to know that this so called lifetime warranty was practically useless as mentioned above :bangwall: and their AC5 laminate is clearly not as good as the AC3 laminate because the boards (AC5) left some gaps here and there during the 5 years we have been staying in our current place. We have no problems with the AC3 laminates in the bedrooms though. This should not be the case when there are already small gaps hidden by the skirting, to enable the flooring to expand - This clearly indicates the level of quality.

I agree with you Bun Bun on the complaints on Supreme Flooring. I had the same problem. Installed 3 bedrooms laminate flooring 8 years ago. But there's once my Garment Steamer leak water in one of my bedrooms and the laminates expanded and came off. We called them wanted to replace the 3-4 damaged planks but they give me same answer as you! They dont carry this design anymore! Their advise is, either I change the 3-4 planks to another design (which is totally different color and design) or change the WHOLE ROOM!

So what kind of Lifetime Warranty is that? Their warranty is "Wear Resistant, Fade Resistant, Stain Resistant". Though mine is under accidents which is not covered, but if my case was Stain Damage, they also wont have the planks to replaced it at all! So please consider again if you ever use Supreme Flooring. Their workmanship is lousy! All my flooring have gaps and I can feel the uneven floor now. Haiz...

Yup, I also question their workmanship... I've had an entire piece of skirting falling out on one side in another room. It was not bloated or something... guess they didn't glue it properly :/

Supreme workmanship is crap at best. I relaminate 2 of my bedrooms as I'm taking away the old platform. Chose supreme as they are the only one with the color closest to my current laminate in the masterbedroom. Salesperson promise warranty against bloatedness and uneven floor. The result after the first job- Uneven planks, bloatedness after 1 day!! gaps. Called them down to retify and asked for their best workers. Most problems rectified although some areas still having that floating feeling and uneveness. Again noticed 1 or 2 planks having bloatedness and had to call them down. They mentioned that this is not under warranty and it is not until i threaten them with lawsuit using lemon law that they come down grudgingly. Do think twice before using supreme

1) Promise you everything but can't deliver

2) Product quality issue despite claims of iso this and that

3) dubious warranty

My next laminate change years down the road will be european brands ONLY