Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

& Your Story On The Proposal....

After reading the thread on how you folks meet your other half, how about sharing the scoop on how your honey/ sweetheart/darling propose to you? Can be story of women propose to men also hor. No need strictly men to women one... :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Me not romantic. Just ask her the standard question. "Want to apply for a HDB flat?" Hahahhahah :dancingqueen:

My hubby did that too....sob sob....that's the tactic of most singaporeans guys....how unromantic...but he did follow up with a proper proposal after that....which i think lost its meaning le... :deal:

But got propose better than no propose lah...haiz... :dunno:

My hubby did that too....sob sob....that's the tactic of most singaporeans guys....how unromantic...but he did follow up with a proper proposal after that....which i think lost its meaning le... :dunno:

But got propose better than no propose lah...haiz... :dancingqueen:

so whats the follow up proposal like?

Yes, I agree - most men wld just ask want to apply for HDB flat? My ex also did this...

naturally I said "NO!"

eh me proposed to my hb ley... hehe...

actually we were on the plane to penang one weekend then i asked him eh u wana marry me anot la.. like that ask lor.. then he sae like that got propose ar?? then i sae ok fine, when we back to singapore i will do a proper proposal la.... so when we are back to singapore, i very stupid la. cus i worry about his reaction la, so i smsed him ley.. haha.. i smsed him, will u please let me grow old with u, taking care of you forever, etc etc.. some mushy mushy stuffs la, cannot sae de la... then i told him some of my vows and promises la.. than he din reply u know.. he also v bad.... next day i asked him, hows your answer.. then he sae gv him some time to consider..wah lao... but a week later, he bought em a ring and proposed to me officially. hehe... he knelt down also.. :dancingqueen:

Haha Cherlyn, you very cute sia....:bleah:

My hubby actually dragged the proposal for very long after we applied flat....can u imagine he proposed 4 months later after we applied for flat?!? Faintz....then I was like keep waiting for him to propose but nvr happen kind...so I always felt like I've tied a ribbon on myself and knock on his doorstep kind u know?

So last year approaching christmas, he told me he's bringing me to a special place...so I already aga aga know he's going to propose already lah....haiz...he very bad at giving surprises one....:D

So on christmas eve, he brought me to this italian restaurant at keppel club...when we entered the restaurant, the waiter directed us to a private corner and pulled out the chair for me...i was facing a big projector screen so i know liao lah...anyway, the waiter told me that before we begin our dinner, he had something to show us...then he showed an animation clip that my dear hubby did (or rather paid someone to do it) showing the day we first met and the time that we almost broke up...very touching....the clip ended with "Will you marry me?" flashed on the screen....strangely, even though I somehow can predict the ending already, I still cried....he then knelt down with a bouquet of flowers and a ring and popped the question again...I nodded my head but he refused to stand up until I said yes....so needless to say, I said yes :sport-smiley-004: (of course lah, flat applied already can say no meh?!? ;))

Haha Cherlyn, you very cute sia....:D

My hubby actually dragged the proposal for very long after we applied flat....can u imagine he proposed 4 months later after we applied for flat?!? Faintz....then I was like keep waiting for him to propose but nvr happen kind...so I always felt like I've tied a ribbon on myself and knock on his doorstep kind u know?

So last year approaching christmas, he told me he's bringing me to a special place...so I already aga aga know he's going to propose already lah....haiz...he very bad at giving surprises one....;)

So on christmas eve, he brought me to this italian restaurant at keppel club...when we entered the restaurant, the waiter directed us to a private corner and pulled out the chair for me...i was facing a big projector screen so i know liao lah...anyway, the waiter told me that before we begin our dinner, he had something to show us...then he showed an animation clip that my dear hubby did (or rather paid someone to do it) showing the day we first met and the time that we almost broke up...very touching....the clip ended with "Will you marry me?" flashed on the screen....strangely, even though I somehow can predict the ending already, I still cried....he then knelt down with a bouquet of flowers and a ring and popped the question again...I nodded my head but he refused to stand up until I said yes....so needless to say, I said yes :bleah: (of course lah, flat applied already can say no meh?!? :yamseng:)

Air - your proposal very very sweet ley! i love it men.. hehe....really very nice...... :sport-smiley-004:

eh me proposed to my hb ley... hehe...

actually we were on the plane to penang one weekend then i asked him eh u wana marry me anot la.. like that ask lor.. then he sae like that got propose ar?? then i sae ok fine, when we back to singapore i will do a proper proposal la.... so when we are back to singapore, i very stupid la. cus i worry about his reaction la, so i smsed him ley.. haha.. i smsed him, will u please let me grow old with u, taking care of you forever, etc etc.. some mushy mushy stuffs la, cannot sae de la... then i told him some of my vows and promises la.. than he din reply u know.. he also v bad.... next day i asked him, hows your answer.. then he sae gv him some time to consider..wah lao... but a week later, he bought em a ring and proposed to me officially. hehe... he knelt down also.. :sport-smiley-004:

It's so hilarious, I keep laughing as I read. People got love boat, you got love plane.

Haha Cherlyn, you very cute sia....;)

So last year approaching christmas, he told me he's bringing me to a special place...so I already aga aga know he's going to propose already lah....haiz...he very bad at giving surprises one....:yamseng:

So on christmas eve, he brought me to this italian restaurant at keppel club...when we entered the restaurant, the waiter directed us to a private corner and pulled out the chair for me...i was facing a big projector screen so i know liao lah...anyway, the waiter told me that before we begin our dinner, he had something to show us...then he showed an animation clip that my dear hubby did (or rather paid someone to do it) showing the day we first met and the time that we almost broke up...very touching....the clip ended with "Will you marry me?" flashed on the screen....strangely, even though I somehow can predict the ending already, I still cried....he then knelt down with a bouquet of flowers and a ring and popped the question again...I nodded my head but he refused to stand up until I said yes....so needless to say, I said yes :bleah: (of course lah, flat applied already can say no meh?!? :notti:)

Wah, this kind of proposal sure grab anyone by the bull eye one..

I also almost in tears leh.....

By the way, care to share your clip with us.

Will be interesting to see :D

WAH!:sport-smiley-004:! AIR - the proposal is sooooooo touching & SWEET!:bleah:!

A very good memory to have & reminisce as you two grow old together.... :D

WAH!:sport-smiley-004:! AIR - the proposal is sooooooo touching & SWEET!:bleah:!

A very good memory to have & reminisce as you two grow old together.... :D

AIR - mind sharing the clip? hehe

It's so hilarious, I keep laughing as I read. People got love boat, you got love plane.

Wah, this kind of proposal sure grab anyone by the bull eye one..

I also almost in tears leh.....

By the way, care to share your clip with us.

Will be interesting to see :sport-smiley-004:

Hmm...so far, no one has seen the clip yet...my friends all bugging me to show them but I said come to my wedding dinner and you will see....cos i plan to show it on the dinner night...dun waste his effort....hehe....so sorry, won't be able to share the clip :bleah:

Hmm...so far, no one has seen the clip yet...my friends all bugging me to show them but I said come to my wedding dinner and you will see....cos i plan to show it on the dinner night...dun waste his effort....hehe....so sorry, won't be able to share the clip :sport-smiley-004:

AIR - its ok.... no worries

hahaha same same... my hubby oso proposed after we applied for resale flat. he wanted to propose to me in a restaurant but too paiseh to do it. in the end, he proposed to me in the privacy of his room. knelt down & said touching words. even though it was all anticipated, but still cried lah...