Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

& Your Story On The Proposal....

hahaha same same... my hubby oso proposed after we applied for resale flat. he wanted to propose to me in a restaurant but too paiseh to do it. in the end, he proposed to me in the privacy of his room. knelt down & said touching words. even though it was all anticipated, but still cried lah...

Ya lor...although we already anticipated the things they were gonna do or say, we still cried..izit cry of relief that he finally proposed and that I no longer have to live with the thought of me zi dong song shang men?!? haha...I thought I won't cry too, in the end also bawled like baby....the waitress came over with a toilet roll in one hand and a few pieces of serviettes on the other and asked me which i prefer...of course take serviettes lah.....go high class restaurant even if cry also must use their serviettes to wipe tears, what for use toilet paper!?! Chey.....but i know the waitress joking lah...haha..:P

Edited by Air

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For my case, my hubby proposed to my dad for my hand in marriage, not me.

Was really unexpected bcos my hubby casually informed me a day before, that he wanna drop by my house before he go for a soccer friendly match. :faint:

For my case, my hubby proposed to my dad for my hand in marriage, not me.

Was really unexpected bcos my hubby casually informed me a day before, that he wanna drop by my house before he go for a soccer friendly match. :faint:

Haha so cute....so traditional...but it's v sweet too cos it's really caught you by surprise...:P

Haha so cute....so traditional...but it's v sweet too cos it's really caught you by surprise...:P

Hee hee...that's what I thought so too, after overcoming the initial shock :dancingqueen:

It was only much later abt few months before our wedding that my hubby explained that he was carrying out his late dad's (whom unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet) final wishes.

hahaha same same... my hubby oso proposed after we applied for resale flat. he wanted to propose to me in a restaurant but too paiseh to do it. in the end, he proposed to me in the privacy of his room. knelt down & said touching words. even though it was all anticipated, but still cried lah...

Cornetto - eh yr name is Karen hor? eh yr so pretti!@ =)

and so sweet...

how to post photos here ar? i also can share my photos ley...

Me not romantic. Just ask her the standard question. "Want to apply for a HDB flat?" Hahahhahah :notti:

Sobz sobz...same as my HB...I so regret tat he never propose to me....

Here's my story:

Hubby & I were still working in the co where we got to knew each other. As I was in the Customer Care dept, we had to worked very late & most times on public holidays too. abt 2 weeks b4 Xmas, he brought me to Lee Hwa & said he wanted to get me couple rings for Xmas present. Not suspecting anything, I said ok.

Aft selecting the rings, he said wanna engrave our initials in the rings. So the Sales Asst said can but need 1-2weeks since now busy period. I said as long as by Xmas eve can collect can liao. So we agreed tt the rings will be ready by Xmas eve...

On Xmas eve, I hv to work later than usual (everyone went bk at 12:30pm since 1/2 day.) So already quite grumpy lah. Told hubby to go & collect the rings & wait 4 me at home. Then later he called me at 3pm & said the rings not ready.... I flared up & scolded him. Told him shld hv insist tt the Sales Asst give us the rings since on the receipt already stated the date/time mah.... Then at abt 4pm he called me again to ask what time I can reach home cos we hv dinner appt with a few friends at 6:30pm... fr my work place to his place, I need at least 1 hr leh... I hate to be rushed by other ppl one... so naturally I got more pissed lah...

When I reach home, it was already 5:30pm liao... so rush like mad. I was very very grumpy by then. When we reached Novena MRT station, I pointed to the direction tt we need to walk to Royal Hotel where we are mtg our friends, he said shld be the other direction... ( & points the path on the empty field behind the mrt station)... I **** pek chek & said whatever lah.... but I still felt the other direction is the correct one in quite a harsh tone...

Then while walking on tt path, he kept looking backwards & forwards.... suddenly he sidestep me & kneel in front of me with the ring tt he said he din managed to get! Then ask me nervously whether I would want to spend the rest of my life with him.... By then, I was crying liao.... & said yes....

As we walked hand-in hand towards Royal Hotel, I suddenly stopped & said, "Way! No flowers leh!" I want to retract my answer liao! :thumbs up: !!

He quickly said cannot! Will give me a flower surprise on 26th Dec... so I said ok lor...

On 26th Dec - he sent a large pot of Holland Roses to my office.... With a note.... U cannot back out now!

Then while walking on tt path, he kept looking backwards & forwards.... suddenly he sidestep me & kneel in front of me with the ring tt he said he din managed to get! Then ask me nervously whether I would want to spend the rest of my life with him.... By then, I was crying liao.... & said yes....

As we walked hand-in hand towards Royal Hotel, I suddenly stopped & said, "Way! No flowers leh!" I want to retract my answer liao! :thumbs up: !!

He quickly said cannot! Will give me a flower surprise on 26th Dec... so I said ok lor...

On 26th Dec - he sent a large pot of Holland Roses to my office.... With a note.... U cannot back out now!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet... i want to cry liao. is the Holland Roses still around? my hubby didnt had flowers ready too, so he pluck one off the bush. =X

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet... i want to cry liao. is the Holland Roses still around? my hubby didnt had flowers ready too, so he pluck one off the bush. =X

Flowers all die liao lor... they are cut flowers arranged in a pot... lasted me 2 weeks ah!

really really big & beautiful!.... sigh...

but now no more liao lor! !!

shmj, although it is a simple proposal...bt can feel yr HB's sincerity.....tel u wat....it gives me the goosebumps and I was gooooooing to cry.....

It s v touching and with a humourous ending...I like it! Great!

Flowers all die liao lor... they are cut flowers arranged in a pot... lasted me 2 weeks ah!

really really big & beautiful!.... sigh...

but now no more liao lor! :notti:

Get him to buy u another pot la.... :rofl:

I dun even get any ring or flowers from my Hb...like tat "Qing Qing Cai Cai" married liao...

Very lugi man!

8| you're so funny, karen. :yamseng:

my hb also didnt propose to me. he just asked me whether we wanted to get marry a not. after i agreed then he went to my house to ask for my mum's permission. i remember that was during CNY. :yamseng: when everything had settled then we went to buy wedding bands. :rofl:

i can say my hb has became more romantic only after we married lor. :notti: after married, he started to buy me flowers on special occasions and even bought a diamond ring for me. he's the opposite type. :rofl::rofl: he told me flowers will wither and die after that but the rose inside my diamond (brilliant rose) ring will be forever there with me. so sweet of him. :P

sama sama ...

after comfirmed our resale flat already, hubby asked ," eh so how? confirm my lao po hor .."

me went HUH ??

weeks later, he fetch me from airport , wanted to bring me to beach chalet but been raining earlier ...so end up went back to his place ...

At 1st, he was so busy with his pc , so i tot he was playing his WOW .. thus i went to get changed into my PJ ..

who knows later ... he asked me to look at the moniter screen ... which was blank black at 1st ..

then words slowing to show ... Ran**** Loves You, Val**** .... Will you marry Me ??? ....

I was even more surprised to see him to kneel down beside me with the diamond ring ... and said those words again .... !!:wub:

It's touched my heart !!:wub: esp I know that he is quite broke after we paid the deposits for our house.

After wearing the diamond ring and sae yesh ... me so happy and wide awake ... ( actually was very super tired after work )

Thou it was already so late , i still went to sms my gfs abt it ... 8|8|

later the whole night sleep with a :deal: on my face ... hubby saw it ... but din a pic of me ...

Turned out that he spent almost his whole bonus on my diamond ring ... was very afraid that i would mind abt the size ..

But to me, I dun bother about it and coz it's tots that counts most. Esp. knowin that he loves me more than ever , from his bottom of his heart !!:wub:

Edited by ranval

usually, you all are applied flat then ROM. we ROM first then apply for flat. opposite way. :D

sama sama ...

after comfirmed our resale flat already, hubby asked ," eh so how? confirm my lao po hor .."

me went HUH ??

weeks later, he fetch me from airport , wanted to bring me to beach chalet but been raining earlier ...so end up went back to his place ...

At 1st, he was so busy with his pc , so i tot he was playing his WOW .. thus i went to get changed into my PJ ..

who knows later ... he asked me to look at the moniter screen ... which was blank black at 1st ..

then words slowing to show ... Ran**** Loves You, Val**** .... Will you marry Me ??? ....

I was even more surprised to see him to kneel down beside me with the diamond ring ... and said those words again .... :bangwall::wub:

It's touched my heart :yamseng::wub: esp I know that he is quite broke after we paid the deposits for our house.

After wearing the diamond ring and sae yesh ... me so happy and wide awake ... ( actually was very super tired after work )

Thou it was already so late , i still went to sms my gfs abt it ... 8|8|

later the whole night sleep with a :D on my face ... hubby saw it ... but din a pic of me ...

Turned out that he spent almost his whole bonus on my diamond ring ... was very afraid that i would mind abt the size ..

But to me, I dun bother about it and coz it's tots that counts most. Esp. knowin that he loves me more than ever , from his bottom of his heart :P:wub:

yup, the size of the diamond doesnt matter but pls hor no taka diamonds hor. :jawdrop:

usually, you all are applied flat then ROM. we ROM first then apply for flat. opposite way. :bangwall:

yup, the size of the diamond doesnt matter but pls hor no taka diamonds hor. :jawdrop:

heehee even my hubby knows abt it ... he got me from SK. :yamseng: