Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizzy

Do You Have Similar Colleagues?

I have a colleague who is a constant complainant about the workload that she has. She keeps complaining about how short the time she is given, and how much work our boss gave her. Then because of the unreasonable workload, she needs to bring work home. And this morning, she just told me that she worked until 12am. And because of the unreasonable workload, she wants to change job.

I used to be sympathetic towards her, until I found that she has been msn-ing most of the time during office hours. I often can hear her typing furiously at her keyboard and sometimes giggles can come from her cubicle. (She is seated just opposite me)

Not that I'm particular about internet surfing / msning during working hours, because I am also guilty of that. hee hee :dribble: but I do it when I finish most of my stuff. I think it's a bit overboard if you msn the 80% of the working hours, then left 20% to do work. Lagi best, complain everyday...getting on my nerves liao :P

What do u think ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can ignore her or sometimes just smile and say you're busy also.. that you also no time.. no time to talk.. lol..

just keep things cordial i guess.

Click on her favourites.... you maybe be surprise she is actually reading your threads.

Many kinds of these ppl lah, some also on the phone.

One more lagi crazy, saw her screaming on the phone, as if doing her best to get things done.

But when I check the phone, eh .... no lights leh, where got line.

These are Wayang Queen .... They instill ppl to resign.

Dude, your imagination really tok kong. 1 class above.

These are Wayang Queen .... They instill ppl to resign.

This has got to be quote of the year.

lol.... :bangwall:

Seiously phantom,

I don't mind staff chating,surfing and so on.

But instigation creates a very low moral environment.

They really stir up many unneccessary matters.

Now, if got work, happy liao, just worry if nothing to do.

How come complain some more, so much work.

Whenever, there is a redundant excercise, I will never miss recommending them.

Seiously phantom,

Whenever, there is a redundant excercise, I will never miss recommending them.

warrior88,

I don't dismiss what you have mentioned. personally, as long as the people can get the job done, I also fine.

Then again, I agree with you about people who go on creating a low moral environment. Plenty of these people around.

I always feel that people who have time to chit chat and most importantly, gossip; definately have too much time on their hand.

Busy people and high fliers normally don't do that anyway.

Wah....that's ultimate !

That's right. Morale already very low in our department. Our boss resigned, now new boss come in, different working style, more hands off...so more work on our part. Sometimes, we even have to guide the new boss !

Somemore, the boss's boss doesn't really care about our department. Treat us like redundant, cos he has another portfolio which is more glamorous!

Now our dept is very small, only 3 of us (excluding boss). The other two already openly said that they are looking for jobs. Left me, not looking yet because I like the nature of the job, which is the only motivation.

So I thought it would be better if we encourage each other, rather than instigation...sigh...guess different people have different thoughts. I guess I need to be stronger psychologically !

I gt a colleague whom also always say she got lotsa of things to do and refuse to take

up additional duties whenever the managment wants to assign her and she is those

super duber "kia si" ppl... Always say she wants black and white whenever u ask her to

do a simple task! Wth! And the best part is 30% of her workload has been reduced cos

it has gone automated and she still complain of overload!

If u never work with her before, u will tink tt she is very kelian, bt tt is not the case...

Cos there was once I went over to her workstation, asking whether she received one

urgent e-mail from me sent half and hour ago. And best, she hv not open up my e-mail

although the subject is quoted urgent. Instead I saw her reading junk e-mails sent from

other friends and colleagues! And everyday she sure work OT. There was once she even

work till 12MN! Crazy!

Tis type of ppl cannot be pitied. From then, whenever she say she is busy...I just keep quiet and

in my heart, I was tinking "Bull****" man!

Those ppl who always wayang at work ah ? Last time my ex company i everywhere also gt see. So sian liao. Wayang one thing.. 'angkat' (carry balls) is another.

Bt now hor, i no project, veyr boring. nothing to do. Can still complain or not ? hehe !

they'd rather wayang & go home late ah?

i'd prefer to go back on time & snuggle up on the sofa watching TV @ home man...

:notti:

they'd rather wayang & go home late ah?

i'd prefer to go back on time & snuggle up on the sofa watching TV @ home man...

:)

Ya....tis is wat I tink too...

If nothing to do, then still nd to wayang in office, I will suffer man!

I rather go home, take a shower and relaz...

well some people just want to earn OT money.. mine company got 2 are like this. just because stay quite at east while work is at central. then can take cab back after working to a certain time.

i dont know what are this people thinking. waste few hours here and "tuang". go home early have own time not good meh... i want also dont have. :~

they have nothing to do yet they are working OT. :)