Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applek24

Wall Paper On Existing Warerode

Hi,

anyone know if I can paste wall paper on the existing built in warerode i have ?

The warerode colour is not nice,I intend to change the colour but my contractor stated that if change only the colour, the cost is = to change and built in new one.

Anyone can advise ?

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was planning to do the same thing for my kitchen cabinets and my ID was also saying the same thing, thus i ended up not doing anything for my kitchen as doing the whole thing over again will seriously blow my whole budget :notti: ... Now am stuck with quite a ugly kitchen... any kind souls out there can recommend any solutions??? :P

1. borrow money from bank & redo new wardrobe

2. tear down the doors & put up long draping red velvet curtains as opening

3. re-laminate the wardrobe

4. leave it as it is

5. tear down the wardrobe & buy wardrobes from outside shops

6. go to homefix & buy those "paint" to respray ur wardrobe

Edited by cornetto

- dun want to end up too deep in debts....

- not a bad idea....

- I think this is what applek24 and i are referring to... Is it possible to relaminate and wat's the pricing like?? Is

it gonna cost like making a new one???

4. leave it as it is

- If have no choice....

- No opinion...

- Can???? wat kind of paint can be sprayed onto laminates to make it look like new different coloured???

- dun want to end up too deep in debts....

- not a bad idea....

- I think this is what applek24 and i are referring to... Is it possible to relaminate and wat's the pricing like?? Is

it gonna cost like making a new one???

4. leave it as it is

- If have no choice....

- No opinion...

- Can???? wat kind of paint can be sprayed onto laminates to make it look like new different coloured???

Even hack also need money. So see what else can I do to fei wu li yong

got... like from light color wood can paint to become dark stained wood... some pp use it to paint their doors...

got... like from light color wood can paint to become dark stained wood... some pp use it to paint their doors...

I dont like wood colour, can paint to another colour ?

Hi,

anyone know if I can paste wall paper on the existing built in warerode i have ?

The warerode colour is not nice,I intend to change the colour but my contractor stated that if change only the colour, the cost is = to change and built in new one.

Anyone can advise ?

Thanks

Wall paper on existing wardrobe is not lasting. Peel off in no time. Cost of re-laminate is about 40 - 60% of a new wardrobe. Your gotta weigh between. But it will looks new on outside

Provided the wardrobe is veneer finish, you can always stain the wood to a darker tone. If it is laminate, no way

I dont like wood colour, can paint to another colour ?

Very good idea. This is the cheapest way to "renew" your wardrobe and cn be DIY. Can be done on either laminate or veneer. Some skill and patience is needed. Use Oil-Base paint for finishing. Wood putty to apply initially to all holes, uneven, and crack area with scrapper and sand down before painting

Wall paper on existing wardrobe is not lasting. Peel off in no time. Cost of re-laminate is about 40 - 60% of a new wardrobe. Your gotta weigh between. But it will looks new on outside

Provided the wardrobe is veneer finish, you can always stain the wood to a darker tone. If it is laminate, no way

Very good idea. This is the cheapest way to "renew" your wardrobe and cn be DIY. Can be done on either laminate or veneer. Some skill and patience is needed. Use Oil-Base paint for finishing. Wood putty to apply initially to all holes, uneven, and crack area with scrapper and sand down before painting

Can we enage someone to do that ? do you know abt how much it will cost ?

Hi Bullet,

Veneer finished, light tone, 7 X 10 ft, 4 top, 4 bottom door ( open type )

Any idea the cost ? cos make new is like $1700

Can we enage someone to do that ? do you know abt how much it will cost ?

Yes, certainly you can engage contractor to do that. You can expect the cost about 40% to 60% of cost to construct a new one. Just a reminder that not many carpenter like to do such work as it is too time consuming. If you are not that particular, maybe you wanna try painter but result may not be as good as the carpenter.

Hi Bullet,

Veneer finished, light tone, 7 X 10 ft, 4 top, 4 bottom door ( open type )

Any idea the cost ? cos make new is like $1700

First, a new cabinet of 7 X 10ft with 8 casement doors should not be more than $1600.00 I would expect the cost of revanishing around and not more than $850