Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purpledino

Showing One Id's Quotation To Another Id?

Let's say I get a quotation from A. However a quotation from an equally reputable ID firm B is much cheaper. Is it all right/ common practice to show A the quotation from B to ask A to try to make a better offer?

I'm asking cos I'm in this situation.

A= $40K

B= $36K

both are ID firms highly reocmmended in this forum but given comparable pricing, we would go for A (feel we can click with the ID better).

Any opinions?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

no point doing that, might get inferior work.. anyway both good repute company shouldn't b far off, unless b got more quotes not in.. check to make sure all the same,

Let's say I get a quotation from A. However a quotation from an equally reputable ID firm B is much cheaper. Is it all right/ common practice to show A the quotation from B to ask A to try to make a better offer?

I'm asking cos I'm in this situation.

A= $40K

B= $36K

both are ID firms highly reocmmended in this forum but given comparable pricing, we would go for A (feel we can click with the ID better).

Any opinions?

I won't advise you to do that. Is just like another ID asking you to show other ID's quotation, will you? By using 1 ID's quotation to sequeeze another is not a good proactise. So what if you ID A give you the discount lower than ID B, are you going to use that to show to ID B? There will be no ending to it. If you like ID A's design, then talk nicely to them and see how far they can discount for you. Every company has differrent costing, material, labour and workmanship, there is no 100% matching. This is their business and should be decently compensated for the work done. Remember, "you pay peanut, you get monkeys, you sucks them like vampires, you get vampines later." Get someone whom you are comfortable with, not only the design but the budget. Everything can neg. nicely, and everything is under offer and acceptance. Never sequeeze them below the cost.

hmm would you be happy if you were in the following scenario

you go for job interview, asking for $3.6k

then the employer go to another person who asked for $4k and say 'this person asking only $3.6k, how? you willing to reduce your pay?'

or your boss come to you and say 'eh this person asking $3.6k, your pay now $4k, i cut to $3.6k can?'

both ways, i think you won't be too happy about it right?

Hmm...I dun tink its nice too..

I would tink tt u can nego for a lower quote based on your own nego skills and

not use other company's quote and squeeze Company A.

Company A may obliged cos they wanna get the deal, bt who noes they may give u

inferior service and materials aft they clinch the deal?

ok thanks for your advice!

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9756

Mine got the same situation initially when I first started to look for id/contractors.

Very green, everyt term dont know what they said.

Afraid they might con you out of your heard earn money.

In the end, both id/contractors was not in my shortlisted list.

I think u don't have to show idA the quote but you dun have to simply accept his higher price too. Maybe jus mention to idA another firm quote lower and see if he can give you a discount to get the job. If he agrees on a 2-3k discount then everybody wins lor

yes u can,

if u and ID A quite click but the quote is slightly higher than ID B

show ID A, ID B quote and ask A to give some discount to match B

So is it after getting A's discount and talk to B for discount to match A, then get B's discounted price to tell A that still can't match, and then get A's further discount to tell B..........Where is the ending? ID do have difference concept and design, material etc that affect the costing. If you like ID A then talk to ID A if the price is not too far away. Just engage the one which your budget fit, you click well with and you like his design that's all. Price can be neg one but dun over sequeeze their rice bowl la

Yar. I don't think it is nice. At best, if ID B is able to give you the goods at this price, why dun you go to ID B, why are you here with ID A? Later ID A provide lousy services.