Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No leh. i feel that it's very small. Perhaps it's because i wanted more storage so intend to do sort of a U shape cabinets to utilise the space. Also will be hacking down the wall bw the kitchen and living and build sort of a dry island with half height glass panel sitting on it.

if you want storage maybe you want to consider doing full-height cabinets instead

my bottom cabinet is only 6ft but have a 3ft full height to keep my stuff

btw if you already have quite a fixed idea of what you want for your home

maybe you want to consider a contractor instead?

difference between contractor and ID is only the design part

the rest is almost the same

IDs tend to charge around 10% more for the design though it's FOC according to the contract !! :dunno:

Hi antz,

don't worry im in the same league as you. i spent 44k of reno on my 3room flat. but my Id's attitude was fantastic. haha, anyway i spent alot of time looking for Id's too but my id was recommended by a friend. so in the end i used him because he seems sincere and patient enough to entertatin me + i've seen his work at my friend's place so i sign the dotted line with him... Don't worry i believe you will find your "right one".

Happy Id hunting

Hot

Thanks guys, very comforting to hear these comments.....

All the IDs i approached commented that so much carpentry works so expensive loh, quoted me over $50K, 2 of them even quoted me more than $60K !

Maybe i've looked for the wrong IDs ?

Sorry forgot to mention that i also wanted to change the bedroom and toilet doors and build glass panel and sliding door for one kitchen wall (sort of open concept but with glass door/panel to block the fumes). That's about all.

If you think there is any ID that is willing to take up my reno, would appreciate it if you can let me know.

Thanks thanks thanks.

hmm...seems that you must be in your 20s? IDs tends to quote more, do MORE WORKs for this age group cos most have never been thru the 1997 econ crisis. They make the most from this age group. Cos most would just sign on the dotted line without much thoughts of 5-10 yrs down the road. Just loan lor pay instalments mthly lor.

My reno only $20k for a 146sqm EM.

Seem u already knw wat u wan, search for contractor instead of ID. Look for Ho Bee in this thread as u can see their price quite reasonable. :)

U can also look up in this forum for other reasonable and responsible ID too. :bangwall: