Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

My Sweet Home

Hi Happy,

felt sad that you have to go thru all these besides your lighting incident.

I had the same misfortune as you. Our same ID asked some sub-con (I believed it's not their usual group of tilers) to lay our house homo tiles. In the end, most of the tiles are not level and the skirting is super ugly... arrrgghhhh. Me and my bf is alright with them hacking the whole house and re-lay for us but the question is... How can they let someone else do their clients tiling while not using their own group of tilers?? Pretty angry over this. In the end, due to the hacking, my reno is now delayed.

Sadz!:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry to hear what happend to you. I never manage to get a quote from Classic design (they told me will sent over but never did). In the end, i just choose another contractor. But still I am quite surprise that they can let this tile thingy happened to you...

Hi LYN and KM FOO

Can call me what's really happen to your tiles?

How you manage to know it is not from their tilers?

Please call me if you have my contact no.

For my current status, the hacking is in progress....I think Monday onwards will laid new tiles (replace those blacken tiles)...and hope that the flooring will be good but not 100% back to its original states. I have to ask my mum and my sis to close on eye liao and move on.

I pity my mum, for over 60 yr plus and still need to talk to all those suppliers and tiler boss!:rolleyes:

My heart pain!

Wasted 2 to 3 weeks liao! Cannot afford to waste anymore days.

So far, concrete support is up with no problem. (Just glance thru' it as no time to check, solely concentrate on the hacking of tiles)

My unit painting is up. (I just glance thru it only and it looks fine to me).

I have no complain with this 2 areas.

Too very busy with my mum's floor this 1 to 2 weeks, accompaning my mum to and fro until I fall sick!

But managed to get this quick snapshot of the painter works. (not yet fully done on that wall).

Just glance thru and see the painter apply plaster on the uneven wall before painting.

If normal kind of painter, they will not care much and just paint over. (Just like my tiler).

Very responsible painter I have ever encountered.

Even wait for me and explain the me this and that.

Againg the http://www.picoodle.com cannot upload the pic!:jammin: Prompt: Cannot fing the server

I will try again tonight.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

felt sad that you have to go thru all these besides your lighting incident.

I had the same misfortune as you. Our same ID asked some sub-con (I believed it's not their usual group of tilers) to lay our house homo tiles. In the end, most of the tiles are not level and the skirting is super ugly... arrrgghhhh. Me and my bf is alright with them hacking the whole house and re-lay for us but the question is... How can they let someone else do their clients tiling while not using their own group of tilers?? Pretty angry over this. In the end, due to the hacking, my reno is now delayed.

Sadz!:P

Edited by h4happy

But managed to get this quick snapshot of the painter works. (not yet fully done on that wall).

Just glance thru and see the painter apply plaster on the uneven wall before painting.

If any other painter, I bet they will not care much and just paint over. (Just like my tiler).

He even explain to me this and that wall.

f_IMG9810m_af71077.jpg

The Living Room: Bisque (highlighted) and Barley White.

No feature wall, just a simple buy from shop tv console.

Very plain and simple compare to other....

There will be a divider cum cabinet in the foyer area...

f_IMG9825m_88108f9.jpg

Edited by h4happy

The color combi is nice... :~

My house too using the same highlighted colour as urs...but the outer part using Lime Tint...it looks bright too :~

sorry to hear about the tiling story...

your living room looks nice in that colour combination... for me n ravski, we haven gotten our tv console as well... where did you buy your tv console ar? can share any good place to shop around? :~

Hi BABYTAN and SUH

Yeah, that is according to my fsm. I can only have 2 colours: Yellow and Brown. Not much choice. But anyway, it turn out nice!

Hi MELTING

I have yet source for TV console.

But might bring my old tv console to my new house.

Then wait for GSS.....

HAPPY

Hi happy,

We have the same color tone for the living room! Bisque..but my white tone is sneaker white.

My painter didn't plaster my walls... now i can see the uneven walls. :yamseng:

If any other painter, I bet they will not care much and just paint over. (Just like my tiler).

He even explain to me this and that wall.

f_IMG9810m_af71077.jpg

The Living Room: Bisque (highlighted) and Barley White.

No feature wall, just a simple buy from shop tv console.

Very plain and simple compare to other....

There will be a divider cum cabinet in the foyer area...

f_IMG9825m_88108f9.jpg

Hi bee joy,

Yaya my contractor also didn't plasters my wall before doing the painting... very sad... :yamseng: the only way is to buy some pictures / paintings to cover it already... or have some winkplay thingie to try to camouflage the walls, hehe...

~Raven

Hi happy,

We have the same color tone for the living room! Bisque..but my white tone is sneaker white.

My painter didn't plaster my walls... now i can see the uneven walls. :dribble:

Hi BEE and RAV

After going thru (mid way) my renovation, I found out that if really want to find a 100% problem free is indeed difficult.

There bound to be somewhere hiccups.

I am indeed happy:

1) With my painter, he really takes his time to plaster the wall and the paint is very evenly distributed across the wall and his kaki are those ah pek (locals). Especially the ceiling, he told me might not be able to have a even ceiling due to the relocate of power point. But I see that my ceiling is very good, not really able to see the trunking line.

2) With my concrete tiler, the concrete support looks presentable and solid and nice. Though you might think abit outdated...hehehe... (I will post the pic soon).

I am not that please with the granite tiler works, though it is not his fault but the colour of the tiles really gives lots of problem and headaches among my family members.

Now, I am hoping that the kitchen cabinet, full height wardrobe, full height cabinet is good.

Can only hope for the best.

And the electrician (outsource) will be installing my lights and change gang swtiches too. Hope this also goes well with no problem.

My flooring is patchy......just hope that the patchy will disappeared asap.

Anyway, if you wanna see my house this weekend, do sms me or better still call me directly lah, remember to put your nick too. I am abit sotong and blur type. Might mistaken someone else. hehehe

HAPPY

Edited by h4happy

Hi BEE and RAV

After going thru (mid way) my renovation, I found out that if really want to find a 100% problem free is indeed difficult.

There bound to be somewhere hiccups.

I am indeed happy:

1) With my painter, he really takes his time to plaster the wall and the paint is very evenly distributed across the wall and his kaki are those ah pek (locals). Especially the ceiling, he told me might not be able to have a even ceiling due to the relocate of power point. But I see that my ceiling is very good, not really able to see the trunking line.

2) With my concrete tiler, the concrete support looks presentable and solid and nice. Though you might think abit outdated...hehehe... (I will post the pic soon).

I am not that please with the granite tiler works, though it is not his fault but the colour of the tiles really gives lots of problem and headaches among my family members.

Now, I am hoping that the kitchen cabinet, full height wardrobe, full height cabinet is good.

Can only hope for the best.

And the electrician (outsource) will be installing my lights and change gang swtiches too. Hope this also goes well with no problem.

My flooring is patchy......just hope that the patchy will disappeared asap.

Anyway, if you wanna see my house this weekend, do sms me or better still call me directly lah, remember to put your nick too. I am abit sotong and blur type. Might mistaken someone else. hehehe

HAPPY

Hey Happy,

You would be around on both days ar? :D

Hi Happy,

Really happy to see your tiles settled peacefully and your good painting work. I wasn't so lucky to have the painter plaster over my wall as my wall was painted by the old painter.

Next, my false wall in the MBR has a crack on the edge. I was wondering if I can ask Tony to take a look as I felt that the painter has not done a good job (Plastering) on the false wall and the crack is getting bigger and bigger. What do u think?

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

Hi Cindy

Long time never talk to you liao.

How's are you getting on?

How about Kent?

Yeah, should give Gina or Tony a call and ask them to come and check.

As it has crack, better rectify the problem fast if not the whole false wall drop down.

Tony is always there in JM.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Really happy to see your tiles settled peacefully and your good painting work. I wasn't so lucky to have the painter plaster over my wall as my wall was painted by the old painter.

Next, my false wall in the MBR has a crack on the edge. I was wondering if I can ask Tony to take a look as I felt that the painter has not done a good job (Plastering) on the false wall and the crack is getting bigger and bigger. What do u think?