Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Can somebody pm me the contact of Sunny? I have emailed limck007 but he is currently not able to reply. Thank you in advance! :)

replied =D

paiseh.. jusst got back from reservist

Both my sister inlaw & brother inlaw went down on our behalf to Baroque's shop at Joo Chiat and things didn't go down well with them. I was very surprised becox I saw such raving reviews abt them altho' there were a minority who complained.

And they advised us to drop Baroque. For my inlaws to say that, then things must have really been bad becox my inlaws are very easy going folks from the polite society.

My brother inlaw complained that they have to repeat themselves several times in both English & mandarin, including hokkien before the consultant they were assigned to, understood what my inlaws were trying to tell them.

And when my sister inlaw exclaimed that they are so pricey, the consultant and the rest pulled a very long, sulky face - definitely not a professional image projected. Thereafter such a statement was made, the consultant's adopted a non-chalant attitude. So petty. Can't trust how they could do a good job or provide aftersales service when they expect customers to tell them the things that they would like to hear!

It was a long story and we won't be using them - drop them & blacklisted them for good. Looks like they don't have a very clearly defined corporate image yet. Business must be too good for them to be selective with clients.

I noticed that their contact numbers & address are "hidden" under the section known as 'E-Quote' and I couldn't help but feel a very strong hint that there's a lack of transparency in their business management style.

My apologies if this comment is perceived to be too cursory by the Baroque's supporters as this was our very own experience with this ID company.

Edited by edenstrauss

my house was renovated by baroque recently , but using diff ID .

my comments are , in terms of service , still acceptable , i will give them 7 out of 10 .

For workmanship wise , I would say not really good . will give them 5 out of 10 .

The project not finished on time , 3 weeks delayed from the job schedule, and somemore I have to keep chasing them to finished the things .

For the design ideas , I would say nothing outstanding . I think It may be due to the price that we pay for .

so overall I have abit dissapointed with the renovation. :(

I would have to agree with you on your comments. I've experienced the same thing. My hubby is always at the house since day 1 of reno but ID never turned up. I wouldn't say never but from Sep 29, 2010 until today he appeared around 4-5 times only. The ID didn't even bother to come down until the size of our newly constructed store room was decided by the contractor. It turned out to be bigger than what we wanted. Being accomodative, my hubby said it is ok. Otherwise, we could have asked the contractor to demolished and rebuilt a correct one.

For workmanship, grouting and plastering jobs were not good. Waterproofing also bad. Water from shower area seeped out to the area near entrance.

Project took 2.5 months to complete. Only see 1 contractor at a time from day 1. Our mistake was we thought that resale flat must be completed by 1 month so that was why we didn't ask the completion date. When asked, we were told that it can be completed before x'mas. We insisted on end of Nov 2010 but now still have a few more to finish. Estimated if all goes smoothly by Dec 4, 2010.

No hidden cost they said but additional quotes are so expensive. In the end, we only let them do the major work but other things like window, grills, rewiring, built-in cabinet, etc all we outsource.

I would have to agree with you on your comments. I've experienced the same thing. My hubby is always at the house since day 1 of reno but ID never turned up. I wouldn't say never but from Sep 29, 2010 until today he appeared around 4-5 times only. The ID didn't even bother to come down until the size of our newly constructed store room was decided by the contractor. It turned out to be bigger than what we wanted. Being accomodative, my hubby said it is ok. Otherwise, we could have asked the contractor to demolished and rebuilt a correct one.

For workmanship, grouting and plastering jobs were not good. Waterproofing also bad. Water from shower area seeped out to the area near entrance.

Project took 2.5 months to complete. Only see 1 contractor at a time from day 1. Our mistake was we thought that resale flat must be completed by 1 month so that was why we didn't ask the completion date. When asked, we were told that it can be completed before x'mas. We insisted on end of Nov 2010 but now still have a few more to finish. Estimated if all goes smoothly by Dec 4, 2010.

No hidden cost they said but additional quotes are so expensive. In the end, we only let them do the major work but other things like window, grills, rewiring, built-in cabinet, etc all we outsource.

Just to share. Everyone has different experience even with the same ID.

Do hold before engaging their service or meeting up.

I will update more in feb for fair judgement, currently not strongly recommended like what some people raved about the ID, overall still passable

Do note there are referral fees earned for any new signed-up. I will not refer if they are not recommended, but if they are still acceptable in overall, i wont mind in sharing if anyone needs.

Edited by idealistic

I visited their shop at joo chiat this afternoon to see for myself even tho' my inlaws told me to drop it.

Seeing is believing... Good thing to drop them & strike off from my list of shortlisted IDs.

I visited their shop at joo chiat this afternoon to see for myself even tho' my inlaws told me to drop it.

Seeing is believing... Good thing to drop them & strike off from my list of shortlisted IDs.

Can share what do u see when u are there ytd?

edenstrauss, your experience with them sounded very bad.

Now ID = Contractor.

Price about the same. And ID does not necessary has creative design ideas. Still have to crack our own brain or show pictures to them. Unless ID firm like Intradesign can really design if you are looking for great ideas, but of cos it comes with a price.

In reno industry, no ID/Contractor is that perfect good and can be so highly raved about.

I spoke to one lady with a very strong accent and had problems communicating with her. She didn't quite understand what I was trying to tell her. And when she found out that I was not doing a major overhaul for my flat, just minor alterations, she had a pinched look.

But that wasn't all, when I tried explaining to her the technical constraints pertaining to my request and told her that it is not possible for HDB to assist me further in rectifying the issue, she still kept telling me that I should be talking to HDB to solve the problem before engaging them for making the cabinets - it's frustrating. I've already told her that it isn't possible to get HDB, and I'm requesting for waterproof vanity drawers to be built under those rows of windows.

And this isn't an isolated incident I had; then I went on to tell her about alterations for other parts of my home, which when I probed for some technical details that we r concerned about (potential damage to existing flooring with no spare tiles on hand), she was... *sigh* She looked like she didn't understand or maybe she's not interested. So my hubby told me to move off.

All the questions that I raised were not addressed. And the best part was she assured me that there will be no problems as they r very experienced - ???? When I asked her how good is their workmanship, she pull a long face. Is there anything wrong in asking about workmanship?

Finally, when I called other reno contractors, including one ID, they proposed that I use waterproof materials like aluminium frames with resin/PVC panels to do up that area. defintely waterproof & last a long time although it's not as nice as wooden ones.

Can share what do u see when u are there ytd?

I spoke to one lady with a very strong accent and had problems communicating with her. She didn't quite understand what I was trying to tell her. And when she found out that I was not doing a major overhaul for my flat, just minor alterations, she had a pinched look.

But that wasn't all, when I tried explaining to her the technical constraints pertaining to my request and told her that it is not possible for HDB to assist me further in rectifying the issue, she still kept telling me that I should be talking to HDB to solve the problem before engaging them for making the cabinets - it's frustrating. I've already told her that it isn't possible to get HDB, and I'm requesting for waterproof vanity drawers to be built under those rows of windows.

And this isn't an isolated incident I had; then I went on to tell her about alterations for other parts of my home, which when I probed for some technical details that we r concerned about (potential damage to existing flooring with no spare tiles on hand), she was... *sigh* She looked like she didn't understand or maybe she's not interested. So my hubby told me to move off.

All the questions that I raised were not addressed. And the best part was she assured me that there will be no problems as they r very experienced - ???? When I asked her how good is their workmanship, she pull a long face. Is there anything wrong in asking about workmanship?

Finally, when I called other reno contractors, including one ID, they proposed that I use waterproof materials like aluminium frames with resin/PVC panels to do up that area. defintely waterproof & last a long time although it's not as nice as wooden ones.

Thanks for sharing. I will take alook at how they address my renovation requirements on this sat. Have an appt with Mike. =)

Hi AbbyRosita,

You might have a different experience with them if yours is a major renovation. Mine was what they'll call "peanuts" business as my requirements r mainly layout alterations. And doesn't cost much as compared to overhaul of the entire flat.

Good luck!

p/s: do share ur feedback of ID with us :)

Hi AbbyRosita,

You might have a different experience with them if yours is a major renovation. Mine was what they'll call "peanuts" business as my requirements r mainly layout alterations. And doesn't cost much as compared to overhaul of the entire flat.

Good luck!

p/s: do share ur feedback of ID with us :)

Hi! i think there's no 'peanuts' business in their perspective. Mike knows i'm not looking at a big renovation budget and he's open to suggestion and also advise me accordingly what will be the better option when doing a certain area of the flat. Perhaps the staff you talked to has given u an impression of that make u misunderstood. but then comes again, first impression is really impt. and im happy to have shortlisted Baroque as one of the ID for my new flat. =)

Glad to hear that things worked out for u with Baroque. I wasn't served by Mike but a lady.

I've confirmed my alteration works with an ID-reno contractor already :D

Best of luck to the both of us! :D

Hi! i think there's no 'peanuts' business in their perspective. Mike knows i'm not looking at a big renovation budget and he's open to suggestion and also advise me accordingly what will be the better option when doing a certain area of the flat. Perhaps the staff you talked to has given u an impression of that make u misunderstood. but then comes again, first impression is really impt. and im happy to have shortlisted Baroque as one of the ID for my new flat. =)

My ID is Sunny and I'm overall very very pleased with the design of my living room. It's been 4 months since handover and he's still very responsive to my call. Just last week he sent the contractor down to drill a clothes hanger behind a bedroom door very promptly.

Sunny is quite "ah beng" in look and may put one off on first impression but he's actually very experience. For those who says their workmanship is no good, well I guess it all depends on which contractor did the job. Mine is Mr Foo and I am overall very pleased with his workmanship.