Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I think discrepancies in workmanship applies in general to all ID firms, including the upscale designers. It is true that quality & standards vary when ID firms assign different contractors to each of their clients. As such, for every ID firm, there shall always be both positive & less than satisfactory outcomes.

And no forgetting, all clients have different level of expectations. So what's good for one might not be great for the other. :P

Edited by edenstrauss

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My suggestion to all new homeowners looking for an ID to drop & blacklist Baroque.

I'm speaking from experience who had engaged their services in 2007.

I'm now a victim of not poor, but bad workmanship of almost everything.

Many things start to fail or defect within the 1st year; ranging from drawer mechanisms, doors to carpentry.

As many would have experienced, their work schedule are always late & delayed due to many mistakes.

You may have been served very well by their salesmen, but bear in mind they're not the ones working on your renovation.

In short, they're simply the 'hit & run' kind and pay little attention to your project management.

They claimed to offer 3 years warranty but they will always try to shirk responsibility when you call them up for repairs.

My personal experience with Baroque started from 'tiring' (due to constant verifications), to disappointing (due to results) and to 'angry'.

They may be slightly cheaper compared to an average ID's quote, but i do not reckon the little difference in price will give a good experience but rather much problems.

Given a choice once again, i will definitely not consider Baroque at all.

My 2-cents worth for ID seekers out there.

That's pretty bad. Thinking twice, we decided to drop them too.

Hi m@cky

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. U felt that they were cheaper than other IDs but I felt that they were pricey... Anyways, I was glad that I striked them out from my list.

I had a discussion with Sunny. Find him quite nice and was like maybe can shortlist Baroque too. Was shock to see these feedback.

congratzzzzz!!!

for the comments, it depends on individual one.

Dont expect to pay peanuts and hope for all sorts of freebies and discount that other people are getting. ... Be realistic.. after all, we are living in a expensive country wo..

congratzzzzz!!!

for the comments, it depends on individual one.

Dont expect to pay peanuts and hope for all sorts of freebies and discount that other people are getting. ... Be realistic.. after all, we are living in a expensive country wo..

Hi limck007,

I have yet to finalised with Baroque, am still doing some research. I agree with you, there is no such thing as freebies. Just overall pricing okay with me, and if i feel the id is someone whom i feel comfortable with- is more impt. :)

Sales people are supposed to be nice, period.

But you'll have to understand that it's not the sales person who works on your house, it's their workers.

If you've decided on them and paid your deposit, all i can do is to wish you the best if luck.

Just hope you do not end up in the same plight as i am.

Hi m@cky,

I have not paid my deposit. Will still be doing some comparison before i commit.

My suggestion to all new homeowners looking for an ID to drop & blacklist Baroque.

I'm speaking from experience who had engaged their services in 2007.

I'm now a victim of not poor, but bad workmanship of almost everything.

Many things start to fail or defect within the 1st year; ranging from drawer mechanisms, doors to carpentry.

As many would have experienced, their work schedule are always late & delayed due to many mistakes.

You may have been served very well by their salesmen, but bear in mind they're not the ones working on your renovation.

In short, they're simply the 'hit & run' kind and pay little attention to your project management.

They claimed to offer 3 years warranty but they will always try to shirk responsibility when you call them up for repairs.

My personal experience with Baroque started from 'tiring' (due to constant verifications), to disappointing (due to results) and to 'angry'.

They may be slightly cheaper compared to an average ID's quote, but i do not reckon the little difference in price will give a good experience but rather much problems.

Given a choice once again, i will definitely not consider Baroque at all.

My 2-cents worth for ID seekers out there.

I couldn't agree more with you, my house was also done by them at 2007. Their workmanship really not impressive n tiles start to fall onli at e 3rd yr! N all e while i had to do some minor diy myself thru e yrs.during reno also bad, i had to go back check on them cos they keep making mistakes n had to be corrected.really h.e.l.l weeks for me!

Edited by merz65

I couldn't agree more with you, my house was also done by them at 2007. Their workmanship really not impressive n tiles start to fall onli at e 3rd yr! N all e while i had to do some minor diy myself thru e yrs.during reno also bad, i had to go back check on them cos they keep making mistakes n had to be corrected.really h.e.l.l weeks for me!

Oopsz.........

Edited by Scottie

m@cky, please note that your remarks are defamatory and you are engaging in personal attack on no basis.

The company will take legal action against your comments and we are assisting in their investigations.

Removed

This is an apology to Baroque D.zign with reference to m@cky's earlier comment.

I retract all earlier negative comments on Baroque D.zign.

Upon further verification and understanding, all mentioned issues were due to their old out-sourced carpenter.

Baroque is no longer working with that carpenter since a couple of years ago.

I apologize unconditionally to Baroque D.zign for my unruly behavior.

In general, Baroque D.zign is definitely a reliable interior design company with good quality.

I will still continue to engage and recommend Baroque D.zign to others.

Edited by macky