Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alister

Laminated Flooring

The cost of a floor is not just in the initial laying, but also in the maintenance and possibly repair.

Most tiled floors are easy to clean and maintain. Simple water or Kiwi wash and mop will do.

Do you need to use special polishes with laminate flooring?

Also, will you need to spend $$ to remove scratches or to repolish dull floors after a few years? Not to mention repairs for possible "accidents" which might cause the strips to warp?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I had a friend just told me that her brother had laminated floor done up at the living room. It warped after 3 yrs esp at the window area as got sunshine everyday.

But I have another friend said she also did her whole house in laminated flooring. Now also 3 yrs with no problem. So I think it's about the quality.

The cost of a floor is not just in the initial laying, but also in the maintenance and possibly repair.

Most tiled floors are easy to clean and maintain. Simple water or Kiwi wash and mop will do.

Do you need to use special polishes with laminate flooring?

Also, will you need to spend $$ to remove scratches or to repolish dull floors after a few years? Not to mention repairs for possible "accidents" which might cause the strips to warp?

laminated flooring cannot polish wan... :sport-smiley-018:

Anyone has any experiece with the Kronotex and Supreme AC5 grade of laminates?

Is it true that they are water resistant and dont warp so easily?

Thinking getting those for the rooms

I have Kronotex laminating for a corner of my hse...so far so good, no complaints. But mine is only

10 mths old, so cannot complain much.

Heard from my contractor tat both Kronotex and Supreme are good in their laminating.

I read from some books that laminate flooring emits some toxic fumes due to the glue in the internal structure. Anyone got info to share on this?

I read from some books that laminate flooring emits some toxic fumes due to the glue in the internal structure. Anyone got info to share on this?

not just the laminate flooring, even the glue in ur carpentry works can potentially emit toxic vapor... but the amount emitted at room temperature is negligible... only at a temperature of about 50 degree celcius or higher is there a danger of the emission exceeding the safe limits... u can google for more info on Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in furniture...

not just the laminate flooring, even the glue in ur carpentry works can potentially emit toxic vapor... but the amount emitted at room temperature is negligible... only at a temperature of about 50 degree celcius or higher is there a danger of the emission exceeding the safe limits... u can google for more info on Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in furniture...

Anyone has any experiece with the Kronotex and Supreme AC5 grade of laminates?

Is it true that they are water resistant and dont warp so easily?

Thinking getting those for the rooms

I also heard abt Supreme SC5 or tropical hardwood range. I spoke to a few different pple who told me that its one of the best for this price range since both kronotex and Supreme are midrange laminates.

It will still warp if water is left to soak for a few hours. I was warned that area just outside master bedroom toilet got to be very careful. Coz of wet feet going in & out of toilet, that seems to be the most problem area.

Hi all

I have decided to use lamintated flooring only for the 3 bedrooms. I am using homo tiles for living room.

Reason is because I have 2 kids and I dun want to always worry about the flooring whenever it comes to mealtime.

Hi all

I have decided to use lamintated flooring only for the 3 bedrooms. I am using homo tiles for living room.

Reason is because I have 2 kids and I dun want to always worry about the flooring whenever it comes to mealtime.

If you like the feel, you can try timber flooring. Ask for iron wood. :notti: For sure, it wun warp. And if you scratch it after a few years, you can always ask them to "so-call" polish the flooring.

hi alister

ur id is alex from summt right? which laminate brand did he reccommend. he showed me a brand called premier..did he showed u the same

Hi all,

notice lots of ppl likes to compare between Kronotex and Supreme. Don't think its fair that way cos it looks like you are comparing between BMW and Proton. Both made in different country and definately different quality.

Regards.

hi alister

ur id is alex from summt right? which laminate brand did he reccommend. he showed me a brand called premier..did he showed u the same

I was given 3 brands to choose from - Kronotex, Premier & supreme. I have yet to choose

Hi Be@r, can to elaborate? To layman like us, we only know that these are the 2 of the more popular brands. So which is the proton and which is the BMW? Thanks!

Hi Be@r, can to elaborate? To layman like us, we only know that these are the 2 of the more popular brands. So which is the proton and which is the BMW? Thanks!

Hi dht,

from my knowledge, Kronotex is 100% made in Germany as you can see in their website. Supreme's product are from China and Malaysia. So you should know which is the BMW :notti:

If comparing prices, it would be fair to compare between Kronotex and Pergo as both are from Euro. I am currently using Pergo in my present house fyi.

I think IDs and contractors normally push for certain brand cos their profit margin is higher.

Regards.

I was given 3 brands to choose from - Kronotex, Premier & supreme. I have yet to choose

Simple,

If you have budget constraint, go for the S brand. If you prefer to have better quality and dun mind spending abit more, go for the K :sport-smiley-018: