Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HSH21

Shanghai Tour

one thing they vy gd at is telling you hw much is their sales items... :yamseng::lol::lol::wub:

another thing they're very good at is spitting on the ground!:lol: :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
another thing they're very good at is spitting on the ground!:notti::no:

ya lor :D;):notti::bleah::fire::notti::fire:

and the most interesting part is to pay abit of attention at higher level area where ever you go coz they hv many many big 'inspiring' slogans written all over the place and funny english translation :rofl::rofl::bow:

Edited by leen

ya lor 8|8|:bangwall::jawdrop::bleah::curse::fire:

and the most interesting part is to pay abit of attention at higher level area where ever you go coz they hv many many big 'inspiring' slogans written all over the place and funny english translation :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i guess their government also having a hard time to implement fines for spitting bcos the country is sooo big! :bow:

we even saw children beggers beg for $$$. :( there was a time when we were having breakfast in the hotel and saw some fake monks asking people for $$$. 8| the fake monks were also having breakfast in the hotel as well. :bleah: those people who gave them $$$ were stupid lor. :bangwall: let imagine would real monks dine in a hotel? of course NOT lah. real monks arent supposed to enjoy such a luxurious life. ;)

oh abt that, pls do do do REMEMBER NOT TO GIVE ANY BEGGARS (BE IT KIDS, ADULTS, MONKS, NUNS, OLD FOLKS, WITH AND WITHOUT HAIR) ANY $$$

coz once u give, the whole load of army of beggars cum targeting at you and your group :jawdrop:

the monks & nuns dun come out of the monastery to beg for $. and they hv enough to eat in the monastery.

same as in Thailand. Monks only ask for alms (not beg) for food and not beg for $$:bangwall: and also only men can touch them and their alm bowl or be touch by them when they saying prayers for you. for women, we are not allow to even touch their alm bowls.. the food hv to be place on the flr infront of them and you juz leave it there for them to take themself. i work and stay in Thailand for quite some time too.

some of these monks or beggars come from Mongolian or Tibet side. They are mostly involve in burglary, thefts, break-in, pick pocketing etc. in China city areas.

hw to differentiate them? they usually are of darker skin color, curly hair, thick eyebrows, talks funny local language (their dialect), and usually alot of those people are selling mutton soups, meat, small eatery shops aka 'xiao chi dian', illegal food push carts, funny looking breads etc. which i strongly do not encourage anyone to try from them. wait eat already, you fainted and they 1 whole group of them bring you elsewhere to rob you and turn you into their delicacies to start selling to another innocent soul again :curse::bangwall:

hahaha. also, the fishes they served us had many bones! the fishes they eat are different from spore fishes. :yamseng: therefore, usually i would avoid eating the fishes when i was over there.

Heard that fresh water fishes have many bones... may be that was what U eat there... and my HB doesn't like fresh water fishes because he said that's one type of smell...

btw... the 2 friends that booked the tour to shanghai from Jun Air and 5* told me that they tours had problem... because not enough people... the one booked from JA suppose to be 2 departure.. now the company kept on saying the rest of the people wanted to change date asked my friend to change date too... but my friend insisted they said two can departure... he refused to change...

The other company said they couldn't form a group... asked my friend help to look for more people ...

Edited by HSH21

Heard that fresh water fishes have many bones... may be that was what U eat there... and my HB doesn't like fresh water fishes because he said that's one type of smell...

btw... the 2 friends that booked the tour to shanghai from Jun Air and 5* told me that they tours had problem... because not enough people... the one booked from JA suppose to be 2 departure.. now the company kept on saying the rest of the people wanted to change date asked my friend to change date too... but my friend insisted they said two can departure... he refused to change...

The other company said they couldn't form a group... asked my friend help to look for more people ...

its because the fishes are rear in ponds and when they are cooked, they hv a mud smell... :rofl:

but in china, there are 3 type of fishes available. one is freshly catched from the sea, one from the lake and one from river.

whats the difference? and im comparing edible fishes here... :yamseng:

sea - fish are fresh, vy soft meat, vy delicious (some call it sweet :D ), only available in big restuarant coz they are the only one who can afford to bid for these fishes and these fishes are big in size.

lake - mind you, china's so call lake ("hu") are vy vy big. its like it can flood half of peninsula Msia easily. during my travel, we pass by one of the lake, and the local told us that there is an island in the middle of the lake, and the area of the island is bigger is Spore :lol::lol::lol:

fish from the lake are smaller in size, although there may be some bigger fishes. fishes here are fresh as well :rofl: you can still get this fishes in smaller restaurants.

river - china's river is vy loooonnnngggg.... :rofl: but muddly. so the fish here do not taste that gd, got muddy smell. but they can be reared type by fish rearing families / companies or they can be those escaped or free & easy fishes :blink: besides fishes, there are others like clay fish and other smaller edible sea creatures also. these are call "He Xian" - river seafood

these river seafood are generally more cheaper and fishes are smaller. but with proper cooking method, such smell can be covered. eg. people will cleverly fried the fish or cooked in strong smelling soup (eg. hot spicy soup) to cover the mud smell.

go by group it's like that.

u booked doesnt mean the date it's confirmed , normally they can only confirm the date one month before departure bcos they hv min ppl to form a group mah... last time i went sha also was asked to chnage the date..but to me it's ok bcos it's just one day different...:notti:

yup, the fishes we ate were fresh water fishes. they'd a muddy smell and many bones. :):unsure:

go by group it's like that.

u booked doesnt mean the date it's confirmed , normally they can only confirm the date one month before departure bcos they hv min ppl to form a group mah... last time i went sha also was asked to chnage the date..but to me it's ok bcos it's just one day different...:dunno:

yup, for group tour usually must gather enough people then you can go, if not, you cant lor. :(

yup, for group tour usually must gather enough people then you can go, if not, you cant lor. :)

But hor... this is the job of the travel company right ??

ya of course it's their job to attract more ppl to join the tour but if still not enof ppl then cannt go lor..

they will ask u either chnage date or destination

if not, u can choose to withdraw and ask for refund.

u may refer to the booking term and condition stated behind the receipt also.

yup, although it's travel agency job but if really nobody is interested to go to that place then the travel agency also bo bian bcos they cant force people to go mah. :)

BUT usually it shouldnt be a problem la so dont worry lor. so far, we didnt encounter such a problem bcos we always went in group tours. :)

if you book with those more popular travel agencies (chan brothers, SA etc) then i guess no problem lor bcos more people know about those popular travel agencies hence more people will book from them. if more people book from them than chances are they'll be able to gather enough people for the group tour. ;) if you book from ulu travel agency then another different story liao. :P

I am not too worry... because I am going during school holiday... normally school holiday don't have problem in forming the group... but have to pay more..

So CTC consider popular or not ??

I am not too worry... because I am going during school holiday... normally school holiday don't have problem in forming the group... but have to pay more..

So CTC consider popular or not ??

you booked from CTC? erm, no comments la. :deal: however, i prefer to book from chan brothers. :dunno: