Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vonylim

Wall Decals - Recommendations?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
are wall decal suitable for kitchen wall tiles? thinking of painting over existing kitchen wall tiles and stick some decals onto it, is this adviseable?

Nvr heard tat can paint on wall tiles, it should hv cement screed or plaster than paint n will b lasting for e paint...

Can these wall decals stick on glass panels too? Or I need to get special ones...

Can I go Artfriend and ask them to cut some words on Vinyl and stick it on my glass panels????

Appreciate your advise. :) :) :)

are wall decal suitable for kitchen wall tiles? thinking of painting over existing kitchen wall tiles and stick some decals onto it, is this adviseable?

it can be paint but how durable not sure. came across a company at the reno fair, they doing spray paint floor and wall tile.

might be thinking of this method to cut cost for my flat reno...

Cheers

toilets are wet areas with high moisture levels...dun think decals will stay on for long too...so probably not a good idea...

wet areas are ok to be stick with decals, provided during the sticking process, that specific area is dry. :D

Can these wall decals stick on glass panels too? Or I need to get special ones...

Can I go Artfriend and ask them to cut some words on Vinyl and stick it on my glass panels????

Appreciate your advise. :) :) :)

as far as i know, art friends do not custom cut stickers eh.....someone correct me if i am wrong :)

decals can practically be sticked on anything, but of cos it depends on the quality of the stickers. if the adhesive surface of the decal is weak, it wont last long no matter where u stick it ;)

you can check out Wink Play a local decal company. Been around for quite a while, and have quite a good collection of nice designs.

Alternatively, you can look for a local printer who does decal or wallpaper printing (this way their material would suitable for house use). Cost-wise would be lower and you can do whatever design you want, although you would need to spend time and effort to coordinate. You can check out http://fullspectrumsg.com ( i print some stuff with them), does quite a lot nice work. Ask for the boss, David, a very nice and chatty uncle.

Buying for online would be cheaper, but need to be more careful and ask some questions,

- water proof or has an protective surface (especially for kitchen)

- removal process, in case in the end when you removed pull out all your paint below.

i went to taobao to order my decals, **** cheap only about $8 for a big piece of coloured decals. but you will need to DIY and paste it yourself leh

Hi,

Did any1 use wall decals before?

Any other brands beside wink play?

Any recommendations? :bow:

Wan to use wall decal over a whole piece of wall, but ustd tat its kinda of difficult to paste. Therefore will they provide this service of we reali have to diy. Any1 paste wall decals before? Any advice? :unsure:

Tx in advance. :seeya:

Most signage contractor can do it and they can print anything you want (just provide them with high res photos). call desmond at 98444477, his workmanship not bad, say introduce by Ah Lim.