Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggy

Water feature

My balcony has a economical water feature... no pump required coz we only put in a few fishes.. :) the fishy also helps prevent mossy breeding as they will eat up the larvae.

We bought the bricks and the dish ourselves.. and my hubby thot of the design and layout for it. :sport-smiley-018:

DSC00273.jpg

Simple and lively....nice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi fierydragon after looking at the picture I want to know where you bought the frog(if not wrong) that is the one spitting water out from the pond...

Appreciate you could guide me how to make my water fountain with a rolling ball....

My present fribreglass tank is 2'x2' in the centre a tall stone sphere 20" tall 6"x6" square and on top a 6" stone ball(where water flow from here). I could like to put a smal crystal ball maybe 2-3" ontop of the 6" stone ball so as to make the crystalball roll...Please help me to DIY this rolling crystal ball...

Thks.

Sorry for the late reply as I was kept pretty busy with other DIY projects at home.

I cannot help you to build your water feature as I am not clear about your requirements.

I made the frog spouting water myself.

I bought the frog at a curio shop(available at bigger aquarium and water feature shops too)

As it is hollow, I used a masonry drill to make two holes(one in the mouth and one in the base)

I inserted a hose with a soft metal wire and attached one end to a water pump and submerge in the water. Viola, you have a frog spouting water

Edited by fierydragon

Simple and lively....nice

They now have the same design wall piece in fibre lass and coated in sand stone dust. There are other designs too, even with holes or water feature.Looks quite authentic and light enough to DIY. Simply use a masonry drill to make hole for raw plug and insert 11/2 in screws to hang. Stability can be enhanced if Maxbond or silicon is spread on the back.