Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Inconsiderate Neighbours

Air, soon or later(especially when you have kids), one of you got to play the devil, the other play the angel.

As long as both of you knows that. There wont be any conflict between both of you.

FYI, this devil/angel thing works in almost all kinds of situation as long as you are dealing with human beings.

I learned this while I was working in China years ago.

I like the devil/angel thingy. In life always the same, so is human, Wife, husband relationship. 阴阳祥和, 时硬时软。Learn alot from this forum :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah that sounds even worse than my case....it's very unhygenic to pile up things in the house cos cockroaches might breed...they are old couple??

no ah... they only in their 30s/40s i think... but they got 5 kids... :notti:

i dun fancy talking to them leh... but maybe will wash the floor & if anything gets wet, i dunno ah... after all it's public area... as for the plants, they are dying anyway... so... :thumbs up:

Maybe can get a VERY loud mouth fren over. When both of you are right outside the neighbours unit, get your fren to talk loud enough for your neighbour to hear,"Waaahhh how come outside your house so messy one? So unhygienic and dirty!"

Then you pretend to hush your friend but still loud enough,"Don't talk so loud leh. Later my neighbour can hear... these are their stuff."

"But so messy like these. So inconsiderate aaaar your neighbour!!"

:notti: Unless the neighbour very thick skin, they would defend their territory. But if they got brain surely they would do something about the unpleasant sight :thumbs up:

Maybe can get a VERY loud mouth fren over. When both of you are right outside the neighbours unit, get your fren to talk loud enough for your neighbour to hear,"Waaahhh how come outside your house so messy one? So unhygienic and dirty!"

Then you pretend to hush your friend but still loud enough,"Don't talk so loud leh. Later my neighbour can hear... these are their stuff."

"But so messy like these. So inconsiderate aaaar your neighbour!!"

:D Unless the neighbour very thick skin, they would defend their territory. But if they got brain surely they would do something about the unpleasant sight :unsure:

Muahahahahaha.....your idea I also like!:(! :notti:

i oso agree that Air try out the soft approach first... if that doesnt work, the washing floor tactic seems interesting :good:

my neighbours oso like that... i'm staying on the ground floor... got 1 unit, the corridor (on ground floor oso) is just like a mini botanical garden.

the indian neighbour on my left hand side, the corridor is just like a mini clothes dryer too... wat to do? gotta live with it... once when they renovate their house (due to fire breakout at their house. yes! fire!! and they dun even bother to notify us since we're the nearest unit to them!:( ), they place the metal clothes hanger just outside my window!! gosh! at that time, only my mum and I were at home. my dad had went overseas! wat if ppl make use of that and break our windows and enter our house?:unsure:! i see already immediately :notti: and i approached the indian neighbour. though very angry but still give smiling face of course lah :good:

told him to bring that away and reason i gave was coz ppl might misuse that and breakin to my house :good:

a malay neighbour on my extreme left, last unit of the blk but connected to another blk, places their flowers and laundry at the corridor too! when it's raining, ppl will mostly make use of the connecting corridor to avoid the rain. but they still put it there so we have to walk in the rain coz there is no place we can pass by them :D

no ah... they only in their 30s/40s i think... but they got 5 kids... :P

i dun fancy talking to them leh... but maybe will wash the floor & if anything gets wet, i dunno ah... after all it's public area... as for the plants, they are dying anyway... so... :good:

Ya I don't fancy talking to them too...my diagonal neighbour especially....very unfriendly one..

i oso agree that Air try out the soft approach first... if that doesnt work, the washing floor tactic seems interesting :o

my neighbours oso like that... i'm staying on the ground floor... got 1 unit, the corridor (on ground floor oso) is just like a mini botanical garden.

the indian neighbour on my left hand side, the corridor is just like a mini clothes dryer too... wat to do? gotta live with it... once when they renovate their house (due to fire breakout at their house. yes! fire!! and they dun even bother to notify us since we're the nearest unit to them!:( ), they place the metal clothes hanger just outside my window!! gosh! at that time, only my mum and I were at home. my dad had went overseas! wat if ppl make use of that and break our windows and enter our house?:unsure:! i see already immediately :D and i approached the indian neighbour. though very angry but still give smiling face of course lah :P

told him to bring that away and reason i gave was coz ppl might misuse that and breakin to my house :(

a malay neighbour on my extreme left, last unit of the blk but connected to another blk, places their flowers and laundry at the corridor too! when it's raining, ppl will mostly make use of the connecting corridor to avoid the rain. but they still put it there so we have to walk in the rain coz there is no place we can pass by them :good:

Hey my neighours all indian and malays too!! How come Malays and indians like to hang their clothes at corridors one?!?! No offence but just curious lor!:notti: What's wrong with hanging inside the house?!? :good:

Hey my neighours all indian and malays too!! How come Malays and indians like to hang their clothes at corridors one?!?! No offence but just curious lor!:( What's wrong with hanging inside the house?!? :unsure:

i oso dunno...

but i know most cockroaches came from my indian neighbour :D

and sometimes when i walked pass their unit, got some smell from the clothes they left out to dry...

worse is, they like to air their bedsheet, mattress, u know beat beat beat let the dust come out... and do so rite in front of my house!! :notti:

got once i purposely slammed my window shut sooo loudly... they shd do it in front of their own place mah... my house clean one leh... why wanna pollute my house :good:

i oso dunno...

but i know most cockroaches came from my indian neighbour :unsure:

and sometimes when i walked pass their unit, got some smell from the clothes they left out to dry...

worse is, they like to air their bedsheet, mattress, u know beat beat beat let the dust come out... and do so rite in front of my house!! :(

got once i purposely slammed my window shut sooo loudly... they shd do it in front of their own place mah... my house clean one leh... why wanna pollute my house :notti:

Wah cockroaches?? Actually like that you can lodge a complain with TC already....cos they are breeding pests. It's hazardous not only to their health but to other ppl also....hate these inconsiderate ppl....with ppl like these, how to live in harmony??? The govt shd spend a week living in HDB then reconsider promoting "Living in harmony" again!

I also tried slamming my door once cos the stupid kids keep coming over and disturb my friend's dog when she brought it over...so irritating and keep making idiotic faces and noises at my door....but my door is those anti-slam kind so I didn't succeed in creating that "bong!" sound...:D

:unsure:

dun attempt to slam door but slam the windows instead :notti:

my indian neighbour's kids oso always make fun of my dog! coz my dog is the barky kind. but when they heard her bark, they will imitate her barkings too... this really gets on my nerves coz the more they do this, the more my dog will bark.

i will always say loudly "humans dun want to be want to be dogs"

my mum will always scold me for this coz she say dun make tings worse :D

how to complain? coz i only see cockroaches coming out... probably they bypassing their house too? somemore i staying on ground floor... inevitable got this kind of pests loh

btw, the cockroaches breed is getting bigger and bigger!:(!

:good:

dun attempt to slam door but slam the windows instead :good:

my indian neighbour's kids oso always make fun of my dog! coz my dog is the barky kind. but when they heard her bark, they will imitate her barkings too... this really gets on my nerves coz the more they do this, the more my dog will bark.

i will always say loudly "humans dun want to be want to be dogs"

my mum will always scold me for this coz she say dun make tings worse :good:

how to complain? coz i only see cockroaches coming out... probably they bypassing their house too? somemore i staying on ground floor... inevitable got this kind of pests loh

btw, the cockroaches breed is getting bigger and bigger!:(!

My flat no windows facing corridor cos is point block...which is a good thing too cos if not, I have to withstand them passing by and peering into our flat...

Just inform TC that you notice more and more cockroaches around your area and you suspect your neighbour's house is breeding them...ask them come and observe and investigate....make things sound very serious so that they will take action...otherwise most of the time, they just come over and take a look for the sake of it then no news liao....

Ya lor ya lor....duno why their kids like to imitate animals one leh....haha i think your temper like me, anything boey song will say out directly one...:o so I cannot deal with my neighbours directly, otherwise will :unsure::notti::D one....i must pai my hubby chu ma...i just behind give instructions....hehehehehe....

Edited by Air

My flat no windows facing corridor cos is point block...which is a good thing too cos if not, I have to withstand them passing by and peering into our flat...

Just inform TC that you notice more and more cockroaches around your area and you suspect your neighbour's house is breeding them...ask them come and observe and investigate....make things sound very serious so that they will take action...otherwise most of the time, they just come over and take a look for the sake of it then no news liao....

Ya lor ya lor....duno why their kids like to imitate animals one leh....haha i think your temper like me, anything boey song will say out directly one...:o so I cannot deal with my neighbours directly, otherwise will :notti::D:good: one....i must pai my hubby chu ma...i just behind give instructions....hehehehehe....

our TC tell them oso no use de :X

dat time the dengue case soo serious... front, back, side blks all got serious case. they still dun wanna do fogging at my blk. penggzzzz!:(

keke... ya... our temper same same de... dat's why sometimes we wil "erupt" in this forum :good:

actually not only my neighbour's kids imitate my dog, some other malay kids walking pass sometimes oso did dat... :unsure: but i forgive my neighbour's kids coz sometimes when i walked pass them with my dog, they will look at me with envy and saying "sooo cute" :good:

our TC tell them oso no use de :X

dat time the dengue case soo serious... front, back, side blks all got serious case. they still dun wanna do fogging at my blk. penggzzzz!:(

keke... ya... our temper same same de... dat's why sometimes we wil "erupt" in this forum :notti:

actually not only my neighbour's kids imitate my dog, some other malay kids walking pass sometimes oso did dat... :unsure: but i forgive my neighbour's kids coz sometimes when i walked pass them with my dog, they will look at me with envy and saying "sooo cute" :D

Haha...I discover chinese kids don't usually do that leh....sorry, no offence to any race here, just my observation. I find that super irritating... :good:

Wah your area is hot spot for dengue fever ah.....think ground floor all like that one....bo bian lor...have to keep clean yourself....or put cockroach powder outside your unit so that they don't come and "visit" your flat from your neighbour's house....hehe....

Actually hor, I hear all your cases, I felt abit more relieved cos i'm not the only one facing inconsiderate neighbours...haha...was actually feeling a bit depressed abt this issue but once I read all the posts, my mood is somehow lifted....hehe....pai seh, 把我的快乐建筑在你们的痛苦上 :good:

Edited by Air

it's ok lah... just vent out frustrations here and get on with life :(

cannot put cockroach powder in the house lah... wait my dog go and eat how?

used to be dengue hotspot that's why very particular in flower pots all those stuff... luckily the malay neighbour with mini botanical garden is keeping their area clean that's why when the health inspectors came and check, nothing was found :unsure:

we encountered some problems with our neighbours too. we've 6 units (2 EA, 2 5rm and 2 4rm) on each floor. but the 6 units are divided into 2 separated areas. which means when we walk out from the lifts, 3 units on the left and another 3 units on the right. therefore, our corridors are shared among a 4rm unit, a EA unit and ours EA. it's still not so bad. :D

initially, the 4rm unit used to display her plants outside the corridors but when she noticed we started moving in liao and she also removed most of her plants too; now she only has left one plant. we're quite appreciated with her considerate action. the 4rm unit family doesnt have small kids bcos all her children have grown up. so, we arent worried about problems with kids. as for the EA unit, the family only has one primary or secondary kid and the kid is well-behaved therefore no problem again. they dont have plants but just a small shoes rack. so we're ok with our neighbours lor. :notti: our unit has the most spaces for the corridor therefore we've 2 shoes racks outside the house! haha. :(

it's good that you and your hb talk to the neighbours first and if the problems still persist then complaint to town council. :unsure:

it's ok lah... just vent out frustrations here and get on with life :o

cannot put cockroach powder in the house lah... wait my dog go and eat how?

used to be dengue hotspot that's why very particular in flower pots all those stuff... luckily the malay neighbour with mini botanical garden is keeping their area clean that's why when the health inspectors came and check, nothing was found :P

ya lor I haven't even moved in I cannot let this affect me otherwise my stay there will be very miserable...I mus lun lun and more lun!:unsure::good:

My hubby is those chin chai type and he also said he found this unacceptable...so you can imagine how bad the laundry airing is....sigh....

Ya from the picture, it seems like they are keeping it neat and tidy, I've seen those look like jungle one and those were like fwah!:notti:! What da...!?!?:D

Not put inside the house lah....if you put inside the house then all the cockroaches will lie dead inside your house wor....just draw a line outside your unit....like those ant powder....let them die outside...hehe...

we encountered some problems with our neighbours too. we've 6 units (2 EA, 2 5rm and 2 4rm) on each floor. but the 6 units are divided into 2 separated areas. which means when we walk out from the lifts, 3 units on the left and another 3 units on the right. therefore, our corridors are shared among a 4rm unit, a EA unit and ours EA. it's still not so bad. :P

initially, the 4rm unit used to display her plants outside the corridors but when she noticed we started moving in liao and she also removed most of her plants too; now she only has left one plant. we're quite appreciated with her considerate action. the 4rm unit family doesnt have small kids bcos all her children have grown up. so, we arent worried about problems with kids. as for the EA unit, the family only has one primary or secondary kid and the kid is well-behaved therefore no problem again. they dont have plants but just a small shoes rack. so we're ok with our neighbours lor. :good: our unit has the most spaces for the corridor therefore we've 2 shoes racks outside the house! haha. :(

it's good that you and your hb talk to the neighbours first and if the problems still persist then complaint to town council. :good:

hmm....well, good that you have good neighbours lor....I let my hubby deal with them...I don't want to declare war with them too...for now, I am contemplating the bribe method first...hehe

Anyway, speaking of which, do you all invite your neighbours if you hold housewarming? Do you invite them to help themselves to the buffet??

Edited by Air