Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jt88

What 'top' To Use For Kitchen?

hi all forumers

what top should i use if I want to create a kitchen similar to this?

so many different kinds, a bit confused. basically I'm looking for black surface which extends all the way to the floor similar to this:

36897za7.jpg

Corian & LG which one is better? granite is porous so its better to chose Corian or LG?

Edited by jt88

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ask your contractor for advice. What I can say though is that the shiny look will be ruined by scratches in time to come. Hence a matt or semi-matt may be better in the long run.

Corian, granite or other material is up to you. Each got pros and cons. GnM blog has more info.

Black glossy color is very nice and look very classy but stain/finger marks are easily visible so if maintenance is not an issue then go ahead.

Corian are 100% acrylic and cost more. So if budget allows then why not.

hi all thks for yr comments. i though of doing some homework from the forumers first before asking contractor. cos sometimes home owner and contractor may be differing views.

initially I was thinking of full white kitchen top and cabinets. thought white is also not easy to maintain so decide to change to white cabinet and black top. i seldom cook so maintenance wise should be i guess. Corian 100% arylic is not porous i guess? if i choose black granite, I heard its not so resistant to water? heard my colleague's granite top leaves a mark if she leaves a wet pot on it. scared to make the wrong choice...

Hi, i will be using granite top as i want the top to be as lasting as possible. Most of the feedback i gather said that granite will be the be the safest bet....

I used India granite - black galaxy for my kitchen top....so far I am very happi with it.

There was 1 time my MIL came to my hse and help out in the kitchen and she dun bother

to find a chopping board and used the knife to cut the cabbage on my top...I was like :good:

Then later I found tt I could not feel and see the scratches on the kitchen top man.

Highly recommended! :)

the only problem with cutting on the granite countertop

is your knives will become blunt in no time :P:)

Yup Yup Yup, then you can also use the edge of the granite top to sharpen your knife too...good idea right?

wah...I never tried tat before...shd try one day!

I am also gonna use granite top.

One solution, use another extra granite tile and place on top of it together with chopping board.

and use another extra granite and top water boiler on it!

dun think can use the edge to sharpen knives leh

it's round mah :dunno:

but dun think granite can achieve the effect TS wants

it's got to be customised to be an L-shape before fixing it onto the cabinets

so only acrylic or quartz can do it :yamseng:

I am also gonna use granite top.

One solution, use another extra granite tile and place on top of it together with chopping board.

and use another extra granite and top water boiler on it!

U must tel yr contractor/ID in advance if u wan the left over granites....

I ever told my contractor before cos I tort they make good coasters in kitchens...unfortunately

his guys forgotten and discard it away....Wasted!

i use solid top... at 1st choose Corian but bec of some reason... didnt want to get them liao... choose Staron (Sumsang) also 100% arylic...

so far so good... i quite pls with it... yesterday saw a yellow mark... was so worry that it cant be clean but as i use table cloth to clean but the stain still there... so i use lemon pladge to clean it... the stain remove... heng... heng... heng ah... (mine is white solid top) = )

cheers

i use solid top... at 1st choose Corian but bec of some reason... didnt want to get them liao... choose Staron (Sumsang) also 100% arylic...

so far so good... i quite pls with it... yesterday saw a yellow mark... was so worry that it cant be clean but as i use table cloth to clean but the stain still there... so i use lemon pladge to clean it... the stain remove... heng... heng... heng ah... (mine is white solid top) = )

cheers

hi little blue bear!

i'm thinking of using staron too!:notti:

can share how much u paid per foot run of staron???

an ID quoted me $100 pfr...

thanks!

Concrete base, concrete top. Use the same homo tiles as the floor. It makes your kitchen

looks bigger. Also the spacing between tiles is quite small due to the square edge.

Wooden base, solid top, because the cost already included in the per foot run.

Premium top, after installation, swee swee. After you place the rice cooker,

water dispenser, microwave...etc not musch space left to show your masterpiece.

Also premium top will outrun the lifespan of your cabinet, and cause heart attack if ruin.

Better save it for your next upgrade of kitchen cabinet.