What 'top' To Use For Kitchen?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm, if countertop use tiles then got to worry about the grout lines bah

granite got one joint line already not so nice liao

if use tiles means every 2ft got one line, lagi not swee liao

and tiles will scratch quite easily too :notti:

yes warrior, my furries already explore the kitchen countertop liao

just hope they dun sleep in the sink :notti:

i think there are now 1000 x 1000 or 1200 by 1200 homo tiles... saw them at hafary... homo tiles not so easily scratched bah... at least it is more scratch resistant than solid surface...

but hor, doesn't make sense to pay for that kind of size

then got to cut coz counter only 600 wide :notti:

still dun know yet but dun really dare to try on my flr tiles

though i've tried my countertop and relatively scratch resistant :notti:

no lar, not in those size. Last time went lookin but dun have.

But homo got those slab (like the granite slab), which are meant to be used as countertop (popular as vanity top). Kitchen top, not sure.

no lar, not in those size. Last time went lookin but dun have.

But homo got those slab (like the granite slab), which are meant to be used as countertop (popular as vanity top). Kitchen top, not sure.

yupz, hafary has the very big tiles, saw them when i went to their defu showroom abt two months ago... but not sure whether 1000 x 1000 or 1200 x 1200... if 1200 x 1200, can cut into half and maybe use both halves?? cos counter top is 600 mm deep...

but you got to factor in the thickness coz homo usually not very thick

and if cut into half maybe not so nice edge? :):dunno:

not too sure if you can 'bullnose' a homo tile

maybe you want to check out quartz countertops which i did consider

brands like stiles are available in singapore

it's like solid surface except it's pretty scratch and heat resistant :good:

yupz, hafary has the very big tiles, saw them when i went to their defu showroom abt two months ago... but not sure whether 1000 x 1000 or 1200 x 1200... if 1200 x 1200, can cut into half and maybe use both halves?? cos counter top is 600 mm deep...

Hi RED

Deful laneL how to go there? By public transport.

Over there is there any granite, marble and compress stone available for viewing??

hmm, if countertop use tiles then got to worry about the grout lines bah

granite got one joint line already not so nice liao

if use tiles means every 2ft got one line, lagi not swee liao

and tiles will scratch quite easily too :bangwall:

yes warrior, my furries already explore the kitchen countertop liao

just hope they dun sleep in the sink :dribble:

if u dun like grout line then willhave to look for alternative like granite, marble or solid surface

So here's my old fashion tiled kitchen top with my granite sink.Front edge of the kitchen top is dark colour to blend with the lower kitchen cabinet doors.

Basically HomoG tiles,on concrete structure, the lines seen are common to like any tiles on floor or wall.Actually for me, the lines are not eye sore, looks natural for tiles :notti:

p1010080ey7.jpg

For the rest of the top away from the oily and wet area, we use postform. but the colour of the postforma and the tiles have to be match properly.

p1010078vt8.jpg

Hi RED

Deful laneL how to go there? By public transport.

Over there is there any granite, marble and compress stone available for viewing??

i went there with the HBAY tour... not sure how to go there by public transport...

also dun know whether got granite etc or not cos only concentrated on homo and ceramic tiles... :D

if u dun like grout line then willhave to look for alternative like granite, marble or solid surface

So here's my old fashion tiled kitchen top with my granite sink.Front edge of the kitchen top is dark colour to blend with the lower kitchen cabinet doors.

Basically HomoG tiles,on concrete structure, the lines seen are common to like any tiles on floor or wall.Actually for me, the lines are not eye sore, looks natural for tiles :)

p1010080ey7.jpg

For the rest of the top away from the oily and wet area, we use postform. but the colour of the postforma and the tiles have to be match properly.

p1010078vt8.jpg

hi relacker,

ur countertop using 300 x 300 or 600 x 600 tiles??

i spoke with an ID... he mentioned not advisable to use 600 x 600 homo tiles becos higher tendency for hollowness of tiles to occur... better to use 300 x 300 tiles, more grout lines, but more reliable...

i also intend to have one part of countertop in tiles, and another part away from water to use another material, prolly solid surface... but dun know whether will turn out aweful or not... :yamseng: color and pattern matching between the two surfaces will be v important...

Edited by redbottle

hi relacker,

ur countertop using 300 x 300 or 600 x 600 tiles??

i spoke with an ID... he mentioned not advisable to use 600 x 600 homo tiles becos higher tendency for hollowness of tiles to occur... better to use 300 x 300 tiles, more grout lines, but more reliable...

i also intend to have one part of countertop in tiles, and another part away from water to use another material, prolly solid surface... but dun know whether will turn out aweful or not... :D color and pattern matching between the two surfaces will be v important...

tiles is 300by300. for part away from oil and water we use postform for the top, for me it's good enuff. look nice too. yeah we manage to get mayching colour for our laminates for the postform