Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bookprint

No Floorplan? How/where To Get It, Anybody Know?

Hi everybody,

can anybody help me, i jus bought a 2nd hand private property, it's a 3 bedroom apartment, but it seem that the seller can't give me the floor plan for this apartment, :deal: and i need to do some renovation, my lawyer also cannot help me on this. :notti: she say usually people don't ask for it, but i wonder how they do renovation without the floor plan, maybe i suaku, lst time buying 2nd hand pte ppty !!

Anybody have such experience, do you know where can i get my floor plan, i need it urgently to do renovation, pls hlep :notti: ......thanks alot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1. You don't need a floor plan, although it's helpful. If your contractor/ID wants the work, he'll come down to measure himself.

2. You could consider asking the MCST for help, if they can give you a copy of the floor plan, maybe of a similar unit (ie the one directly upstairs). Or even ask the neighbour upstairs or downstairs.

1. You don't need a floor plan, although it's helpful. If your contractor/ID wants the work, he'll come down to measure himself.

2. You could consider asking the MCST for help, if they can give you a copy of the floor plan, maybe of a similar unit (ie the one directly upstairs). Or even ask the neighbour upstairs or downstairs.

Same situation. Bought from 1st time buyer. Does developer provide detail floorplans? MCST = management office?

Hi everybody,

can anybody help me, i jus bought a 2nd hand private property, it's a 3 bedroom apartment, but it seem that the seller can't give me the floor plan for this apartment, :( and i need to do some renovation, my lawyer also cannot help me on this. :bangwall: she say usually people don't ask for it, but i wonder how they do renovation without the floor plan, maybe i suaku, lst time buying 2nd hand pte ppty :dunno:

Anybody have such experience, do you know where can i get my floor plan, i need it urgently to do renovation, pls hlep :bow: ......thanks alot

Few ways...

- Ask from your new neighbours

- Ask from the developer

- Ask Google (You will be surprise what you can find from the Internet sometimes)

Regards,

AP.

:) Ask from Management office. They will have. FOC. :)

Management Office may not have it if is a very old estate. Get it from SLA. Think its only $15.

do make sure the floor plans are drawn to scale especially if you are getting from msct, whom may pass you the sales brochure. i made this newbie mistake, ended up having to pay extra to cut a smaller glass dining table top and changing sofa set which i ordered before stepping into the house.

Me too face this problem when i brought the condo. Owner, management office, developer, lawyer and property agent unable to provide the floor plan for me. Finally I went down to BCA to get one. There's a charge of $20 for searching and $25 for copying. Please note that u wont able to find HDB floor plan for yr condo, only the blueprint of the development. Make sure u provides the correct address when apply thru internet, i got it wrong the first time and $20 is gone. Bring the necessary document such as Option for Purchase etc as a proof of buyer for the unit when going down for the search. Call them and ask for advise or the procedure, they are helpful.

good luck

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BuildingInfoPlans/re...copy_plans.html

Just to share my experience with acquiring the floorplan of a condo from BCA. It is actually quite a breeze.

Step 1 - Go to the BCA website, fill in the e-application form and pay the search fee with a credit card.

Step 2 - Wait for an email from BCA which will instruct you to bring along the necessary documents to proceed with search and print. It look 4 days for BCA to send me the notification.

Step 3 - Pop by BCA and procced with the search with microfilm. The personnel will give you some instructions of how to search and operate the microfilm machine. Great fun with the microfilm. But do cater an hour or so to search the films.

Step 4 - Note down the index number of the required films and the personnel will get you to a "Printing Room" to print the microfilm. Depending of the number of print jobs, you may need to come back on another day to collect the printed floorplan.

Step 5 - I returned to BCA on the next day to collect the printouts. Huge A3 size. Also note that it will cost you $3 per print out.

Kudos to the personnel at BCA. Very friendly and helpful.

If the property is very old, you'll find the floorplan not useful and you may just get a 'general plan' for type of unit in the development.

Which means your apartment may have beams or pillars in certain positions that are not shown in the 'general' plan. Your contractor will have to remeasure everything and confirm the location of beams/pillars etc, and engineer has to come onsite to certify hacking works.

Check behind the Switchbox. Sometimes, there is a copy there for the Electrical Plan.

Layout is there, But still need to confirm the scale and act dimension.

Get from the management office. They should have kept a set of the approved building plan from BCA for the entire development. Just print what u need.