Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bookprint

No Floorplan? How/where To Get It, Anybody Know?

Hi everybody,

can anybody help me, i jus bought a 2nd hand private property, it's a 3 bedroom apartment, but it seem that the seller can't give me the floor plan for this apartment, :deal: and i need to do some renovation, my lawyer also cannot help me on this. :notti: she say usually people don't ask for it, but i wonder how they do renovation without the floor plan, i would think that a basic floor plan would be necessary even for contractor to do quotation, isn't it ? maybe i suaku, lst time buying 2nd hand pte ppty !!

Anybody have such experience, do you know where can i get my floor plan, i need it urgently to do renovation, pls hlep :notti: ......thanks alot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everybody,

can anybody help me, i jus bought a 2nd hand private property, it's a 3 bedroom apartment, but it seem that the seller can't give me the floor plan for this apartment, :notti: and i need to do some renovation, my lawyer also cannot help me on this. :dunno: she say usually people don't ask for it, but i wonder how they do renovation without the floor plan, i would think that a basic floor plan would be necessary even for contractor to do quotation, isn't it ? maybe i suaku, lst time buying 2nd hand pte ppty :sport-smiley-004:

Anybody have such experience, do you know where can i get my floor plan, i need it urgently to do renovation, pls hlep :furious: ......thanks alot

Hi Bookprint,

Maybe u can check with Spore Land Authority for ur pte property. Hope it help u.

Happy Reno :yamseng:

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/hom/index.htm

for apts is more relevant to contact BCA.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BuildingInfoPlans/re...copy_plans.html

just to share with everyone why unlikely to get floorplans from lawyers, a property transection is a huge sum. Sometimes, buyers or sellers may want to back out of the transection or hold other party ransom, and will find all excuses, such as "actual apt dun tally with approved/provided floorplans.

Thus.. the legal ppl will rather rely on the legal description, and then state "as is where is". The floorplans do not form part of the legal documentation.

Renovation is usually based on ID do site visit, measure, then quote.

just to share with everyone why unlikely to get floorplans from lawyers, a property transection is a huge sum. Sometimes, buyers or sellers may want to back out of the transection or hold other party ransom, and will find all excuses, such as "actual apt dun tally with approved/provided floorplans.

Thus.. the legal ppl will rather rely on the legal description, and then state "as is where is". The floorplans do not form part of the legal documentation.

That sounds unlikely to me. Property is normally sold on an as-is where-is basis, hence there is no reason to withhold floor plan. In any case, if you have a good conveyancing lawyer, they will advise you to get remove such clauses (ie "actual apt dun tally with approved/provided floorplans"). Even if you buy a property under construction, developers still put caveats to say that the actual unit may differ from the brochures given, although one can argue that if it is a material difference (eg buy 1,500 sf unit but given 1,000 sf) then that caveat cannot apply and would constitute material misrepresentation.

Edited by waileong

That sounds unlikely to me. Property is normally sold on an as-is where-is basis, hence there is no reason to withhold floor plan. In any case, if you have a good conveyancing lawyer, they will advise you to get remove such clauses (ie "actual apt dun tally with approved/provided floorplans"). Even if you buy a property under construction, developers still put caveats to say that the actual unit may differ from the brochures given, although one can argue that if it is a material difference (eg buy 1,500 sf unit but given 1,000 sf) then that caveat cannot apply and would constitute material misrepresentation.

Hi Waileong

Hm... quite true. Should there be any specific clause in the Sales Contract that are not fair or may

be subjected to material differences. Conveyance Lawyer will advised otherwise.

But basic role of a lawyer is still on title search, bankruptcy check and lodging of caveats.

Thus, usually, name of owner and address will suit the purpose.

Ttitle search will include the floor area only. (indication to the buyer of the floor area caveats)

But floor area is more for the approval of bank loan in the case of housing valuation.

Thus, floor plan is often omitted.

However, you may include the request of floor plan during yr discussion of lawyer fees upfront.

Hi Yoongf,

Good recommendation of the the bca website.

Hi everybody,

can anybody help me, i jus bought a 2nd hand private property, it's a 3 bedroom apartment, but it seem that the seller can't give me the floor plan for this apartment, :( and i need to do some renovation, my lawyer also cannot help me on this. :) she say usually people don't ask for it, but i wonder how they do renovation without the floor plan, i would think that a basic floor plan would be necessary even for contractor to do quotation, isn't it ? maybe i suaku, lst time buying 2nd hand pte ppty :dunno:

Anybody have such experience, do you know where can i get my floor plan, i need it urgently to do renovation, pls hlep :good: ......thanks alot

Like what some says, try to get from MCST and neighbour.

Open the ECLB door, owner may have place the floor plan behind that door.

Found mine, both the floor plan & the electrical circuit plan both, in plastic folder.

You may need the latter for upgrading if your wiring are conceal.