Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blackiejack

Diy Housewarming Food !

hi...i will be holding my housewarming soon. As its going to be a whole day affair, i was wondering how can my guests enjoy the food no matter wat time they arrive. I am planning now and I need your comments.

This is my menu :

DIY drinks

DIY salad

DIY popiah

DIY laksa

Chicken curry w bread

Fresh fruits w Chocolate fondue

DIY drinks - juices and cocktails

Guests mix their own cocktails. I am providing gin,vodka,baileys,port,whisky,brandy etc and

mixers. Or enjoy wine, fresh juices or lemonade dat i can prepare before hand..

DIY salad,popiah and laksa

Only the necessary ingredients will be prepared.Guests will DIY whenever they want to eat.

Fresh Fruits w Chocolate Fondue fountain for dessert.

Anyone tried to do it tis way before ??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually it's do-able... wanted to do somethign liddat too cos been experiencing lousy food from caterers...

anyway, u can add some more finger foods like egg tart, sotong ball, breaded scallop, popcorn chicken, potato wedges, curry puff, eclairs (hot fav but since u oredi got choc fondue...can do w/o it too hehe). maybe can have dessert like honeydew sago too... :)

Very special....

Something different and can save a lot...

If u got deep fryers...the guests can even deep fry their own finger food...

Mabbe some dun take spicy food...u can DIY fishsoup noodles/bee hoon.

Depend on # of guests you have. If its small gp (eg 20), you can DIY. But if its big group, let the caterers handle so you will be free to show your guests around & entertain them. Else you be busy trying to get the food/drink ready and neglect being a good host.

If its a big group, you may want to split into 2 sessions - lunch for relatives, dinner for friends. Get the caterer to cater 2 times - this way lunch & din menu is different and yet hot.

if i DIY the food for mine, then whole day i will be in the kitchen only bcos got big family... then next whole day to clean up the mess... haha.

Depend on # of guests you have. If its small gp (eg 20), you can DIY. But if its big group, let the caterers handle so you will be free to show your guests around & entertain them. Else you be busy trying to get the food/drink ready and neglect being a good host.

If its a big group, you may want to split into 2 sessions - lunch for relatives, dinner for friends. Get the caterer to cater 2 times - this way lunch & din menu is different and yet hot.

hi...i will be holding my housewarming soon. As its going to be a whole day affair, i was wondering how can my guests enjoy the food no matter wat time they arrive. I am planning now and I need your comments.

This is my menu :

DIY drinks

DIY salad

DIY popiah

DIY laksa

Chicken curry w bread

Fresh fruits w Chocolate fondue

DIY drinks - juices and cocktails

Guests mix their own cocktails. I am providing gin,vodka,baileys,port,whisky,brandy etc and

mixers. Or enjoy wine, fresh juices or lemonade dat i can prepare before hand..

DIY salad,popiah and laksa

Only the necessary ingredients will be prepared.Guests will DIY whenever they want to eat.

Fresh Fruits w Chocolate Fondue fountain for dessert.

Anyone tried to do it tis way before ??

hi, this is my experience and comment, and if you are catering to 20-30people and do remmebr some frends may bring kids and old folks.

DIY drinks - i think you better buy those big bottle orange juice (others also can) and mix with water into 1 big pail coz when people talk and eat, they tend to drink alot. and dun forget, there may be kids, so how to serve alcoholic cocktails?

DIY salad - gd idea. make sure these stay fresh the whole day, if not, guests may not like to eat and salad may be wasted.

DIY popiah - gd idea but if ingredient is cold (as you plan to hv the event for the whole day), is it better to get a warmer?

from my experience, people like to eat curry chicken with bee hoon. bread also can. but since you got 1 hot/spicy thing already, why not consider leaving out the laksa? and also for the whole day with guests keep stirring the laksa, afraid the coconut may not last and laksa soup may spoil.

and also are there any kids or old folks visiting? do they all can take hot/spicy food?

DIY laksa

Chicken curry w bread

Fresh fruits w Chocolate fondue - gd idea. old folks, young people and kids all like these. do remember to put abit of salt in water to disovle it and use the water to wash the cut fruits. with this method, fruits will stay longer in the open without turning brown.

hope the above helps and enjoy your hsewarming :D

DIY housewarming is do-able because me & hubby did it for about 40++guests. We prepared:

Curry chicken (We divided into two of those BBQ kinda big aluminium plates)

Fried Bee Hoon

Mashed Potatoes

Salads

Baked beans with sausages

Ipoh black bean duck (with the help of my Bro-in-law)

Fried Maggi Mee (with the help of my Bro-in-law)

Fruits

Apple Cocktail mixed with beer, ribena & 7-up. Fantastic! (with the help of my Bro-in-law)

I think everyone enjoy the food, I think my hubby cook quite well! Wahaha.... I only help in the potatoes & salads...

DIY housewarming is do-able because me & hubby did it for about 40++guests. We prepared:

Curry chicken (We divided into two of those BBQ kinda big aluminium plates)

Fried Bee Hoon

Mashed Potatoes

Salads

Baked beans with sausages

Ipoh black bean duck (with the help of my Bro-in-law)

Fried Maggi Mee (with the help of my Bro-in-law)

Fruits

Apple Cocktail mixed with beer, ribena & 7-up. Fantastic! (with the help of my Bro-in-law)

I think everyone enjoy the food, I think my hubby cook quite well! Wahaha.... I only help in the potatoes & salads...

Storeberry's menu is more well rounded, suitable for all.

curry chicken + fried bee hoon = gd combi. if people dun eat spicy food, they still can eat the bee hoon, baked beans, duct, fried maggi mee.

and though there is the alcoholic cocktail, ribena & 7-up is also provided for guests who dun take alcohol or for kids.

potatoes, salad and fruits are light before and after snacks which can help to ease the heavy meal taken.

Storeberry's menu is simple but good enough for all :dribble:

Dear all....

Thank you for your suggestions. I have successfully enjoyed my party.

Wine and cocktails.

Salty plum and lime juice with ice - i bot this from JB and guests simply love it. Oni cost M$7.00 per bottle.

1 bottle can mix up to abt 4litres. Something different fm the usual ribena or oj.

Caesar salad w bacon bits and croutons

Celery,carrot,cucumber sticks w dip

Curry chicken w baguette

Laksa

White popiah

Choc Fondue - strawberry,kiwi,marshmello,banana,cherry tomato,grapes

BBQ items

chicken wings

stingray

squids

satay

sweet potato

Every one had a great time, wrapping their popiah, prepare their own laksa and bbqing.The curry was a hot fav as well. But the caesar salad wasnt popular.Choc fondue was loved by kids... and they created a great mess with the choc dripping around.

And the next day, i spend half a day cleaning but it was worth it.

If you have any party food recipe to share, please post it in this thread. I will be v happy to try them out.

Dear all....

Thank you for your suggestions. I have successfully enjoyed my party.

Wine and cocktails.

Salty plum and lime juice with ice - i bot this from JB and guests simply love it. Oni cost M$7.00 per bottle.

1 bottle can mix up to abt 4litres. Something different fm the usual ribena or oj.

Caesar salad w bacon bits and croutons

Celery,carrot,cucumber sticks w dip

Curry chicken w baguette

Laksa

White popiah

Choc Fondue - strawberry,kiwi,marshmello,banana,cherry tomato,grapes

BBQ items

chicken wings

stingray

squids

satay

sweet potato

Every one had a great time, wrapping their popiah, prepare their own laksa and bbqing.The curry was a hot fav as well. But the caesar salad wasnt popular.Choc fondue was loved by kids... and they created a great mess with the choc dripping around.

And the next day, i spend half a day cleaning but it was worth it.

If you have any party food recipe to share, please post it in this thread. I will be v happy to try them out.

Wow,.,,makes me hungree leh....

Yr menu seems so complete....

Good job!

Hey. A convenient, versatile, and cost-effective solution for those who want to simplify meal planning and enjoy restaurant-quality food in the comfort of their own home is DoorDash food delivery service. For their customers, they provide a wide selection of restaurants from which you can order food, and the order will be delivered very quickly. The company treats its customers very responsibly, who highly rate its services in doordash reviews and are happy to order food home through this service.