Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

M&e - Quintessentially Eclectic

hi phoenix,

the Bravat claw leg bathtub cost $1,300 (incl of pop up waste) from Ideal Bathroom at Balestier. We decided on the free-standing variety instead of the built in ones due to constraints in space. Basically should we have decided on a built-in tub, it would cover the drainage outlet for the toilet and should there be chokage problems in future, the bathtub would have to be removed. To avoid this possible problem, we decided to opt for a free-standing one instead. Should we ever decide to move, we can easily cart it along as well!

we didn't engage an ID for our reno - the concept and "vision" for the place was entirely mine and my husband's. the contractor we engaged (Mr Low from Boon Siew) has been able to achieve the effect we had in mind, and we're pleased with the works to date.

hi tristesse,

u mentioned space constraints, the size is smaller then the usual built in ones? looks pretty big fr the pic, and looks deeper too.

i like this type better too, but i'm just concerned abt the cleaning of the bottom part of the tub. i wouldn't wanna always have to flush the area with lots of water to wash away dust or hair, coz it might damage the cabinets at the vanity side.

can share your contractors contact info with me? i'm in the midst of trying to gather quotation for my new hse reno. thanks ya!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi tristesse,

u mentioned space constraints, the size is smaller then the usual built in ones? looks pretty big fr the pic, and looks deeper too.

i like this type better too, but i'm just concerned abt the cleaning of the bottom part of the tub. i wouldn't wanna always have to flush the area with lots of water to wash away dust or hair, coz it might damage the cabinets at the vanity side.

can share your contractors contact info with me? i'm in the midst of trying to gather quotation for my new hse reno. thanks ya!

hi phoenix,

perhaps it's a trick of the camera angle! by most standards I think our tub isn't particularly long - bathtubs usually range from 1.5m upwards to ensure comfort when seated. I think washing shouldn't be too much of a problem with this free-standing one. So long as it comes with legs, it's definitely possible to wash the floor beneath without any real problem.

will PM you my contractor's contact shortly - I think his schedule's pretty tight for the time being, but you can always contact him anyway.

RENO DAY 37 - Carpentry Completed

Both wardrobes have been completed!

img0430an2.jpg

img0431ha9.jpg

A close-up of the wallpaper style laminate:

img0435yp3.jpg

And so has the vanity cabinet for the common bathroom:

img0429ns7.jpg

As well as the kitchen cabinets:

img0482py8.jpg

wow, very fast reno... all looking really good!!

Thanks! Not everything's perfect of course, but they are things that we can live with. Sigh. Reno's such a nightmare - I really don't ever want to go through the whole process again!

Am just keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath that everything will be completed by early next week. Our furniture's all arriving on 24 Nov and we're cutting things real close! :D

RENO DAY 39 - Lighting Up Our Life!

Our contractor has been given the mandate that completion should be by Wednesday, 21 November... and things are chugging along towards that deadline.

With another week to go, M and I have given him an exhaustive list of what else has to be done and touched up on. The following works have been lined up:

Wed 14 Nov - Completion of electrical works and installation of more lighting fixtures

Thu 15 Nov - Laminate flooring on staircase to be redone

Fri 15 Nov - Installation of mixer taps etc

Sat 16 Nov - Painting works

Touch up on carpentry and tiling to be done next week, before washing on Tuesday or Wednesday. Am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be smooth till then.

During our visit this evening, we realised that the day was a fruitful one for the electrical team - all the lights (except for our master bedroom which we brought over this evening) have been installed, and the gaps between the ceiling and the casings sealed with Painters Caulk-It. Yay! No more ugly gaps.

I was happy to tick several items off my checklist.

Kitchen stainless steel backsplash up

img0490ao9.jpg

Full-height book shelf in the living room

img0485qk6.jpg

Half-height book shelf beside under staircase storage door

img0484ra4.jpg

Our birdcage chandelier, suspended 8 feet (I think!) down from the upper floor ceiling

img0491uw2.jpg

Gold leaf chandelier in the living, still protected by the plastic wrap

img0493rj8.jpg

Can't wait to see more changes tomorrow evening! *crosses fingers*

hi tristesse, anymore updates? ;)

hey hey phoenix! thanks for checking back ;o)

Yeah... reno's complete and most of the furniture is in... have just been too busy to take and upload pix. Will do so this weekend and next - check back again!

With most of our furniture in, our place is starting to look a lot less like an empty shell. We've been adding on quirky little extras to up the style quotient (we try at least!).

Our very first Christmas tree - a red acrylic 3D one no less - greets all visitors. Now if we could find some pint size baubles....

img0522uq1.jpg

White powder coated steel bench from Bangkok - our shoe bench. A cushion made of vintage-print fabric will complete the look - cushion cover's a work in progress as yet.

img0516fl6.jpg

A peek at our open kitchen - pardon the mess, was trying to play catch up with work.

img0518za0.jpg

The black leather LATTE lounge sofa against the white brick wall. It's still missing another 2 cushions! Have recently purchased a green one with a damask motif and a black and white one - haven't time to add them all in yet.

img0509ra0.jpg

Customised teak wood dining table and bench - to be paired with acid green plastic chairs from IKEA. What you see now is a temporary placement... we'll have to scrub the pebble wash flooring at our balcony free of dust first before the dining set is relocated there permanently for an al fresco dining experience.

img0520yj5.jpg

Another look at our living room - our gold leaf chandelier has finally been unwrapped!

img0517qn2.jpg

We're pleased as punch with our first set of bedlinen - Balmain 600 thread count sateen sheets in cream with dark brown trim.

Alongside our bed is our 1920s Danish inspired bedside table from Bangkok and fantastically quirky birdcage bedside lamp.

Olive blackout curtains add a touch of glamour... and complements the wallpaper style laminate on the wardrobe.

img0529bi3.jpg

(Unfortunately silly me wanted to capture the warm light and decided to turn off the flash on my camera. The result? A fuzzy image that doesn't show the print nor the rich sheen of the curtain. DUH. Will try again another day)

img0528fo6.jpg

And our master bathroom is finally clean! We added a mirror on one wall for a spacious effect.

img0524eg1.jpg

To complement the mock-croc tiles, we purchased a white and silver mock-croc shower curtain from Bangkok.

img0525qt3.jpg

wow your home looks really glam with all the additions

can ask where did you go shopping in BKK?

We broke the bank at Suan Lum - lots of chic stuff, but unfortunately the prices can be a bit of a deterrent! Picked up other decoratives at shops like Playground at Thong Lor as well.

Congratulations with your new home really take shape! All the planning finally coming to fruition!

Yeah! It's been such a tiring 2 months... we're certainly glad to finally see the true colour of our floor tiles. :P

hi tristesse,

Nice bedsheets, where you bought them from?

They're from Robinson's - from the Balmain counter.