Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

M&e - Quintessentially Eclectic

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
We broke the bank at Suan Lum - lots of chic stuff, but unfortunately the prices can be a bit of a deterrent! Picked up other decoratives at shops like Playground at Thong Lor as well.

thanks for the info, i'll definitely check out these places :sport-smiley-004::P

hey hey phoenix! thanks for checking back ;o)

Yeah... reno's complete and most of the furniture is in... have just been too busy to take and upload pix. Will do so this weekend and next - check back again!

hey tristesse,

great to see more updates! hehe... and wat a cute christmas tree. :sport-smiley-004:

ohh... i like your sofa! i saw a similar one in courts yesterday. but my hubby likes those soft soft leather kind. i prefer firm, afraid that it might sag after a while if its too soft! btw, where did you get yours from?

hey tristesse,

great to see more updates! hehe... and wat a cute christmas tree. :thumbs up:

ohh... i like your sofa! i saw a similar one in courts yesterday. but my hubby likes those soft soft leather kind. i prefer firm, afraid that it might sag after a while if its too soft! btw, where did you get yours from?

Hee... that's the only tree we can accomodate. I'm sure doggie dearest will have a fun time should we have brought in a regular synthetic tree!

Our sofa is quite firm, so I don't think it'll sag much. You can check out Furniture Warehouse - it's still retailing for $1,880 now I think (we paid our deposit before the GST hike this year, and paid abt $200 less). :dribble:

Hee... that's the only tree we can accomodate. I'm sure doggie dearest will have a fun time should we have brought in a regular synthetic tree!

Our sofa is quite firm, so I don't think it'll sag much. You can check out Furniture Warehouse - it's still retailing for $1,880 now I think (we paid our deposit before the GST hike this year, and paid abt $200 less). :dribble:

i think i'm a little suaku, but where is furniture warehouse ah?

sigh..lucky u....pls dun remind me i got to pay additional 2% more for gst! :thumbs up:

Nice home! Great grabs for your home accessories...:dribble:

Thanks sumobear! We've actually purchased more odds and ends from BKK but hadn't the chance to display them yet. Hopefully I'd be able to find some time this weekend to put up my wall decals. :dancingqueen:

i think i'm a little suaku, but where is furniture warehouse ah?

sigh..lucky u....pls dun remind me i got to pay additional 2% more for gst! :dancingqueen:

There're a few branches around but I went to the Thomson Road branch. Check out Star Furniture

Thanks sumobear! We've actually purchased more odds and ends from BKK but hadn't the chance to display them yet. Hopefully I'd be able to find some time this weekend to put up my wall decals. :dancingqueen:

Wedding is over...Wanna go to Bangkok for a holiday trip and shop for our home but we are too late to book.

Whew! M and I spent another crazy weekend working on Project Home Makeover. What we managed to accomplish over the past two days:

1) Repositioning of our dining set

2) Rehoming of 98% of E's CD collection, 30% of E's books, 100% of E's DVD collection

3) Purchase of crockery and cutlery from Sia Huat (not exactly the cheapest, but it was convenient) and crystal glasses and water goblets from a warehouse sale at Henderson

4) Unpacking of 21-pc cookware set (an early housewarming present from Mum - Thanks Mum for the very handy prezzie!)

5) Rehoming of all kitchenware into their "official" positions in the cupboards (thorough cleaning to commence next week)

6) Sign up for cable (M and I had to endure almost a one-hour wait before we finally got the yellow slips and installation date. What a waste of time!)

7) Purchase of potted flowers and fixing up of shabby chic wrought iron planter stand for balcony purchased off ebay - to add a more homely touch.

8) Purchase of grass carpet for dining to lay over pebble wash (for "events purposes" to quote M)

The pebblewash balcony is finally clean - thanks to M, who worked up a sweat vacuuming up all the dust with our newly purchased ultra-powerful Philips dust buster.

The perforated white roller blinds have also been installed in the balcony and we finally moved our dining table, bench and chairs into their proper place. The bird cage tealight holder's another purchase from BKK.

img0537tt7.jpg

Another two cushions have been added to our lounge seater, and some of our books have already found a new niche for themselves (along with some assorted decorative knick knacks to break the monotony) on our book shelf.

img0532pg2.jpg

To add an element of fun into the living room, homemade cushions from quirky vintage fabric will be added (perhaps in another week or so). I find that the lounge sofa still looks a bit too formal and stuffy with the existing damask and floral cushions - we'll need to give it a more fun twist for the living and dining spaces to segue seamlessly.

img0535iw6.jpg

img0539on6.jpg

Whew! M and I spent another crazy weekend working on Project Home Makeover. What we managed to accomplish over the past two days:

1) Repositioning of our dining set

2) Rehoming of 98% of E's CD collection, 30% of E's books, 100% of E's DVD collection

3) Purchase of crockery and cutlery from Sia Huat (not exactly the cheapest, but it was convenient) and crystal glasses and water goblets from a warehouse sale at Henderson

4) Unpacking of 21-pc cookware set (an early housewarming present from Mum - Thanks Mum for the very handy prezzie!)

5) Rehoming of all kitchenware into their "official" positions in the cupboards (thorough cleaning to commence next week)

6) Sign up for cable (M and I had to endure almost a one-hour wait before we finally got the yellow slips and installation date. What a waste of time!)

7) Purchase of potted flowers and fixing up of shabby chic wrought iron planter stand for balcony purchased off ebay - to add a more homely touch.

8) Purchase of grass carpet for dining to lay over pebble wash (for "events purposes" to quote M)

The pebblewash balcony is finally clean - thanks to M, who worked up a sweat vacuuming up all the dust with our newly purchased ultra-powerful Philips dust buster.

The perforated white roller blinds have also been installed in the balcony and we finally moved our dining table, bench and chairs into their proper place. The bird cage tealight holder's another purchase from BKK.

img0537tt7.jpg

Another two cushions have been added to our lounge seater, and some of our books have already found a new niche for themselves (along with some assorted decorative knick knacks to break the monotony) on our book shelf.

img0532pg2.jpg

To add an element of fun into the living room, homemade cushions from quirky vintage fabric will be added (perhaps in another week or so). I find that the lounge sofa still looks a bit too formal and stuffy with the existing damask and floral cushions - we'll need to give it a more fun twist for the living and dining spaces to segue seamlessly.

img0535iw6.jpg

img0539on6.jpg

Very nice dining table. you mentioned you got it customised. Is it from "Living Tree Gallery" and how much did you spend on it?

Very nice dining table. you mentioned you got it customised. Is it from "Living Tree Gallery" and how much did you spend on it?

We had the table customised from UNIQ at Sungei Kadut for $450 (natural oil finish) - the store is now located at the IFC building at Sungei Kadut. Different finishing options are available but we liked the grain of the teak to be more visible.

VERY VERY NICE....

I think your space is missing out some prints for the wall.

Is the flooring of your dinner area and living room different?

Edited by sumobear

VERY VERY NICE....

I think your space is missing out some prints for the wall.

Is the flooring of your dinner area and living room different?

Getting there! I'm thinking of putting up a tree branch (with birds and leaves) wall decal on one of the walls of the balcony. We're saving the prints for the wall at the staircase - probably a pastiche of framed photos with drawings and prints etc.

And yes, we had pebble wash flooring done for the balcony (and dining area) for a more outdoorsy feel. The rest of the first floor is done up in matte grey homogeneous tiles.

^^ A fabulous corner that you have created here! I can imagine how much enjoyment you will derive just sitting there, with easy access to your bookshelves at the back. :bangwall:

:notti: The picture's still missing a white rose teak coffee table - to place my mug of hot chocolate on. Heehee. The piece we ordered had a bit of a chip upon delivery, and the store is reordering a new piece for us. Can't wait till it gets in - nothing beats a comforting hot drink with a good book! :bangwall:

Edited by tristesse