Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

M&e - Quintessentially Eclectic

:jawdrop: The picture's still missing a white rose teak coffee table - to place my mug of hot chocolate on. Heehee. The piece we ordered had a bit of a chip upon delivery, and the store is reordering a new piece for us. Can't wait till it gets in - nothing beats a comforting hot drink with a good book! :help:

hi tristesse,

ur house really impressed me.. very nice combination and cosy. i long wanna to the the brick walk for my 20 over years old too! hehe.. good to see someone like and share the same idea.. !!

i am going to revamp my 20 yrs old house soon!! still waiting for quotation from a few ID firm.. but i really hope i can just get a contractor and i will be the project manager.. but i know it not easy and need lotsa time which i currently cant afford.. so no choice but to get an ID.. haiz.. kinda waste of money cos me and hb already know what we want.. :dunno:

my ex bf set up an ID and furniture company recently, so i might engange him to do it.. but i know my hb not happy!:dunno: hahahhaa.. :help:

hopefully i can download my pic and create t-blog as well soon.. i took the before already..hope i can take the after soon.

btw, i love ur 2 chandeliers!! esp the bird cage one!! i tried to find in the ebay as u mentioned.. but cant find it anymore. !! may i know which country u went to??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my ex bf set up an ID and furniture company recently, so i might engange him to do it.. but i know my hb not happy!:dancingqueen: hahahhaa.. :unsure:

then dun tell him thats your ex lah! juz say is friend lor.. :deal:

:) The picture's still missing a white rose teak coffee table - to place my mug of hot chocolate on. Heehee. The piece we ordered had a bit of a chip upon delivery, and the store is reordering a new piece for us. Can't wait till it gets in - nothing beats a comforting hot drink with a good book! :no:

love the cushions! everything coming together real nice !!

too late.. he already know!! hahaha..

another ID we asked him to come and look at our 'lao pop' house just gone.. he really da** low soh.. but i like his honest look thou.. hehe.. but he told me we need to prepare the cost of the revamp gonna to cost us 60k-80k!:dribble:! :) nearly fainted!! very very ex lay... sigh.. money not enough.. if bo bien, lend steal also got to do it.. really wrong timing to do reno, cos he said things and materials has gone up double!

so let see.. gotta use my 'mei ren qi' on my ex liao.. that is why i got him to come down when my hb not in town!! wahahhahaha.. so he can quote me cheap cheap.. :)

Edited by mafiawife

hi tristesse,

ur house really impressed me.. very nice combination and cosy. i long wanna to the the brick walk for my 20 over years old too! hehe.. good to see someone like and share the same idea.. :)

i am going to revamp my 20 yrs old house soon!! still waiting for quotation from a few ID firm.. but i really hope i can just get a contractor and i will be the project manager.. but i know it not easy and need lotsa time which i currently cant afford.. so no choice but to get an ID.. haiz.. kinda waste of money cos me and hb already know what we want.. :dribble:

my ex bf set up an ID and furniture company recently, so i might engange him to do it.. but i know my hb not happy!:) hahahhaa.. :)

hopefully i can download my pic and create t-blog as well soon.. i took the before already..hope i can take the after soon.

btw, i love ur 2 chandeliers!! esp the bird cage one!! i tried to find in the ebay as u mentioned.. but cant find it anymore. :( may i know which country u went to??

hi mafiawife,

thanks for the compliment! and i'm happy to meet someone who's of the same mind when it comes to brick walls! try laying real bricks instead and painting over - I think the effect is much better than using brick tiles like mine. plus there will also be less joints to dust. my mum was joking abt spiders making home there and it really freaked me out - gotta remember to dust and wipe once a week at least.

actually i think so long as you hire a reliable contractor, you needn't worry too much about the pace or quality of works right? so long as you give detailed instructions and call your contractor each morning to follow up (which was what i did. think my contractor must be glad to have handed over!).

and yes, do share your ideas too! would like to see what mood you'd be creating if you were going with the brick wall. i initially wanted a shabby chic look, but with the black lounge seater and chandelier, it looks a bit too glam. oh well...

the bird cage one was purchased off the ebay Australia site. i do believe i purchased the last gold one available, but if you're lucky there may still be ones in silver left. the gold leaf chandelier (in the living room) was purchased from the US site. there're lot of unusual chandeliers to be had off the net - happy surfing and shopping! ;)

hi mafiawife,

thanks for the compliment! and i'm happy to meet someone who's of the same mind when it comes to brick walls! try laying real bricks instead and painting over - I think the effect is much better than using brick tiles like mine. plus there will also be less joints to dust. my mum was joking abt spiders making home there and it really freaked me out - gotta remember to dust and wipe once a week at least.

actually i think so long as you hire a reliable contractor, you needn't worry too much about the pace or quality of works right? so long as you give detailed instructions and call your contractor each morning to follow up (which was what i did. think my contractor must be glad to have handed over!).

and yes, do share your ideas too! would like to see what mood you'd be creating if you were going with the brick wall. i initially wanted a shabby chic look, but with the black lounge seater and chandelier, it looks a bit too glam. oh well...

the bird cage one was purchased off the ebay Australia site. i do believe i purchased the last gold one available, but if you're lucky there may still be ones in silver left. the gold leaf chandelier (in the living room) was purchased from the US site. there're lot of unusual chandeliers to be had off the net - happy surfing and shopping! :lol:

thanks for ur advise! last time my first house that i bought was doing brick wall too, but not as nice as urs cos mine was the red color original brick, and ur mama is right on the spiddy and dust!! but no choice lay, i really like the rustic look on the house.. esp the house that my hb currently have now is a 20 over yrs house, it really match the idea of rustic look.. or tudor look as well.. so we decided to revamp the whole house more cosy..

so far urs and blackmango_juice's house matched very well with the design that we like. not that i don like other forumers house, but i like rustic cos the looks stays for long time.. moden looks cant last long, it will get tired after 1 or 2 yrs.. and i realised alot of ppls go for gothic look nowadays, that looks cant last very long too.. it looks nice at nite with the lighting effect, but day time look down and glooming..

ur house abit plain at the moment cos i guess not much funiture rite now, but it looks bright and nice in the day, i am sure it will look even nicer in the nite with chandeliers light up!! this kind of design last long and if u don like it after awhile, all u need to do it to add abit of color here and there, change abit of decor here and there, it will give u another different look again..esp the brick wall there, u can add 2 diff color. brick wall white and other part brown etc.. sure it will give u another diff look! good taste gal.. :unsure: blackmango_juice also one of em, creative and good in color.. :good: oh anyone that i must praise also.. Mist!! her design also went for those long lasting looks.. most importantly, she very creative.. i like to read her blog, lotsa info..

it just my personal opinion la.. hehe..

i am obsess with chandelier!! hehhee..

ya, checked the ebay au liao.. too bad, cant find it anymore.. can only look at ur chandelier and droop.. :good:

i found the gold leaf chandelier thou.. at the ebay US site. but still like the bird cage one.. super pretty!!

btw, can i ask u.. u came with ur own idea or Boon siew come out with it? i might want to try ur contactor too, but the company name put me off alittle bit.. hahaha.. sounds like 'phua chu kang' company..

he will apply the permit for u rite?? i don have floor plan on my house, so need to get him to come to site and see.. haiz.. ma fan ...

Edited by mafiawife

thanks for ur advise! last time my first house that i bought was doing brick wall too, but not as nice as urs cos mine was the red color original brick, and ur mama is right on the spiddy and dust!! but no choice lay, i really like the rustic look on the house.. esp the house that my hb currently have now is a 20 over yrs house, it really match the idea of rustic look.. or tudor look as well.. so we decided to revamp the whole house more cosy..

so far urs and blackmango_juice's house matched very well with the design that we like. not that i don like other forumers house, but i like rustic cos the looks stays for long time.. moden looks cant last long, it will get tired after 1 or 2 yrs.. and i realised alot of ppls go for gothic look nowadays, that looks cant last very long too.. it looks nice at nite with the lighting effect, but day time look down and glooming..

ur house abit plain at the moment cos i guess not much funiture rite now, but it looks bright and nice in the day, i am sure it will look even nicer in the nite with chandeliers light up!! this kind of design last long and if u don like it after awhile, all u need to do it to add abit of color here and there, change abit of decor here and there, it will give u another different look again..esp the brick wall there, u can add 2 diff color. brick wall white and other part brown etc.. sure it will give u another diff look! good taste gal.. :dancingqueen: blackmango_juice also one of em, creative and good in color.. :notti: oh anyone that i must praise also.. Mist!! her design also went for those long lasting looks.. most importantly, she very creative.. i like to read her blog, lotsa info..

it just my personal opinion la.. hehe..

i am obsess with chandelier!! hehhee..

ya, checked the ebay au liao.. too bad, cant find it anymore.. can only look at ur chandelier and droop.. :good:

i found the gold leaf chandelier thou.. at the ebay US site. but still like the bird cage one.. super pretty!!

btw, can i ask u.. u came with ur own idea or Boon siew come out with it? i might want to try ur contactor too, but the company name put me off alittle bit.. hahaha.. sounds like 'phua chu kang' company..

he will apply the permit for u rite?? i don have floor plan on my house, so need to get him to come to site and see.. haiz.. ma fan ...

Allos again! I agree with you on all counts about the rustic look being more "classic" (in the sense that the style will not go out of style). My husband and I decided on this look cos we wanted to save on plastering (uneven walls go with the rustic look mah), plus we wanted our place to have its own identity. And as the only IDs whom I think would be able to value-add to the vision I had in my mind's eye are the boutique firms (that would charge an arm and a leg), we went straight to a contractor instead.

The ideas for the house were all ours - i had a little scrap book with pictures that served as inspiration and we basically told our contractor all the items we wanted done. We also made numerous trips to check out all the tile suppliers at Balestier and Defu and selected the tiles on our own! It was quite a lot of work, but the end result is that each and every bathroom looks different.

And yes, my contractor applied for the reno permit. Boon Siew's not really a PCK style company lah... I must admit when I first saw their portfolio of work I wasn't impressed, but I reckoned that so long as they can execute what I wanted, it's not gonna end up like any of the houses in the album. To be fair, the pix were taken quite a while ago, so they are not an accurate indication. Besides, I had a look at another forummer's blog who used Boon Siew as well, and decided that it wouldn't be that big a risk cos it looked modern. :P

Allos again! I agree with you on all counts about the rustic look being more "classic" (in the sense that the style will not go out of style). My husband and I decided on this look cos we wanted to save on plastering (uneven walls go with the rustic look mah), plus we wanted our place to have its own identity. And as the only IDs whom I think would be able to value-add to the vision I had in my mind's eye are the boutique firms (that would charge an arm and a leg), we went straight to a contractor instead.

The ideas for the house were all ours - i had a little scrap book with pictures that served as inspiration and we basically told our contractor all the items we wanted done. We also made numerous trips to check out all the tile suppliers at Balestier and Defu and selected the tiles on our own! It was quite a lot of work, but the end result is that each and every bathroom looks different.

And yes, my contractor applied for the reno permit. Boon Siew's not really a PCK style company lah... I must admit when I first saw their portfolio of work I wasn't impressed, but I reckoned that so long as they can execute what I wanted, it's not gonna end up like any of the houses in the album. To be fair, the pix were taken quite a while ago, so they are not an accurate indication. Besides, I had a look at another forummer's blog who used Boon Siew as well, and decided that it wouldn't be that big a risk cos it looked modern. :P

hi hi! mr low came to my house today.. indeed, he very nice guy, but definately a 'phua chu kang' style.. in a good way thou.. hehehe.. he too, said is quite a major reno, so same same.. 50k and above!! :dribble: siao liao.. haiz..

anyway, i am going to show u this pic that i love it to bits (i am sure u will love it too) :lol: and i hope my master room and lounge area going to have the same effect.. i try la.. hehehe..

tudor1.jpg

and i am going to copy this gate for my steps enterance to my main door.. for the sake for my baby dog.. cos he love to sun tan!! hehehe.. nice??

tudor2.jpg

really excited the outcome, but i know the more u expect the more disppointment.. so i beta don think too much..

Edited by mafiawife

hi hi! mr low came to my house today.. indeed, he very nice guy, but definately a 'phua chu kang' style.. in a good way thou.. hehehe.. he too, said is quite a major reno, so same same.. 50k and above!! :bangwall: siao liao.. haiz..

lol.. phua chu kang style. 50K and above should be quite extensive reno u intend to do. u have an executive flat or pte??

so u gonna get mr low to do your reno?

tristesse,

if mafiawife and me use mr low hor... u must get him to treat you kopi already. *wink*

lol.. phua chu kang style. 50K and above should be quite extensive reno u intend to do. u have an executive flat or pte??

tristesse,

if mafiawife and me use mr low hor... u must get him to treat you kopi already. *wink*

hi phoenix, u also get mr low to quote u huh? ya, he nice and friendly guy.. let see how he quote me lor.. if not that ex, can consider la..

ya, i got lotsa things to do and salvage.. quite a major reno i must say.. mine is a 2 & half storey townhouse. U lay? got lotsa stuff to do also huh? u already know ur theme already?

got almost 6 ID firm came to my place and see liao.. so far i like pop!con and mr low. pop!con are more on high end ID, mr low more like contractor only. but that's wat i want.. i will run the whole show..... aiya let see how la.. wed last ID will come, then i will decide liao.. cannot wait liao..

hi phoenix, u also get mr low to quote u huh? ya, he nice and friendly guy.. let see how he quote me lor.. if not that ex, can consider la..

ya, i got lotsa things to do and salvage.. quite a major reno i must say.. mine is a 2 & half storey townhouse. U lay? got lotsa stuff to do also huh? u already know ur theme already?

got almost 6 ID firm came to my place and see liao.. so far i like pop!con and mr low. pop!con are more on high end ID, mr low more like contractor only. but that's wat i want.. i will run the whole show..... aiya let see how la.. wed last ID will come, then i will decide liao.. cannot wait liao..

hi mafiawife,

me have not decided yet...must see his quotation how lor. keke..

OOOoooo... u got a townhse, thats nice! then 50K is not ex lah :sport-smiley-004:

me not doing alot of stuff... well, i think my theme will be oriental fusion. we have quite a fair bit of oriental display items. also my living room will have a 5-6ft fish tank to house my hubbys new pet.

hi mafiawife,

me have not decided yet...must see his quotation how lor. keke..

OOOoooo... u got a townhse, thats nice! then 50K is not ex lah :P

me not doing alot of stuff... well, i think my theme will be oriental fusion. we have quite a fair bit of oriental display items. also my living room will have a 5-6ft fish tank to house my hubbys new pet.

ya me too.. he haven get back to me lay.. i siao liao, now renting a place, den all contractor said cannot hand over the house before CNY! i gotta continue rent this place that cost me a bomb!:)! *fainted* then reno still cost so much.. i really need to go and sell..........my hb!! hahahhaha..

that is why i told mr low, me budget budget.. bo liu.. :)

my is a very old townhouse (20 yrs liao!! :jawdrop: ), but with characted i must say.. like the tudor looks.. hohoho.. that is outside of the house. tudor3.jpg

we thou the enbloc will go thru, but knowing our neighbour.. all quite greedy, hence nvr go thru.. so me and my hb decided to stay and revamp the whole house.. timing also not that good, should do it after CNY, but no proper planning la.. haiz.. long story..

hopefully everything go smoothly...

Lovely townhouse & surroundings :)

thanks guys. i love the architecture too.. quite rare nowadays. now u know why i choose the theme tudor or rustic liao! match the outlook of the building.. :)

CM i PM u liao..

Edited by mafiawife

tristesse,

wow... mr low's suddenly upped the popularity stakes! hopefully you find his quote competitive against the others you've gotten! but no lah... shan't be shameless and ask him for a house warming gift zz

ya me too.. he haven get back to me lay.. i siao liao, now renting a place, den all contractor said cannot hand over the house before CNY! i gotta continue rent this place that cost me a bomb!:notti:! *fainted* then reno still cost so much.. i really need to go and sell..........my hb!! hahahhaha..

that is why i told mr low, me budget budget.. bo liu.. :notti:

my is a very old townhouse (20 yrs liao!! zz ), but with characted i must say.. like the tudor looks.. hohoho.. that is outside of the house.

we thou the enbloc will go thru, but knowing our neighbour.. all quite greedy, hence nvr go thru.. so me and my hb decided to stay and revamp the whole house.. timing also not that good, should do it after CNY, but no proper planning la.. haiz.. long story..

hopefully everything go smoothly...

ooooh mafiawife - your place is so cool! I really dig the cottage/vintage vibe. good thing it didn't go en-bloc - it would be a real pity to have to shift into a run-of-the-mill landed home or condo.

and yes, I definitely love the styling of the pix you posted. do try to search for shabby chic items off ebay to go with the look. i purchased some as well (shipping was a bummer, but at least the items are unique). you can also try searching for vintage chandeliers or wrought iron chandeliers - perfect for the look you're aiming for. alternatively, the tord boontje garland lamp system would add quite a whimsical touch.

Edited by tristesse