Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rix

Rain Shower Become Drizzle Shower

Super sad, just got my newly renovated house.. and found out that both the rain showers that my wife and myself chose is wasted. It's not the rain shower that is faulty.. but rather the water pressure. The water pressure is really low to the extent that it become a drizzle shower. :jawdrop:

One word "PATHETIC" and after wifey called the Town Council.. they give her some **** excuse that the higher storey we are, the water pressure will be lower, if we are on the lower floors, water pressure will be higher... i live on the 10th floor, in Yishun. That like telling me that i am paying conservatory charges and water bills every month only to get short cutted on my water pressure.

Anyone got the same problem as i am?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Super sad, just got my newly renovated house.. and found out that both the rain showers that my wife and myself chose is wasted. It's not the rain shower that is faulty.. but rather the water pressure. The water pressure is really low to the extent that it become a drizzle shower. :jawdrop:

One word "PATHETIC" and after wifey called the Town Council.. they give her some **** excuse that the higher storey we are, the water pressure will be lower, if we are on the lower floors, water pressure will be higher... i live on the 10th floor, in Yishun. That like telling me that i am paying conservatory charges and water bills every month only to get short cutted on my water pressure.

have you tried turning the tap(meter) outside your house to full?

learned this from pohjoo's staff.

if still the same, guess you need to change the shower head to those with a shallow/"thin reservoir" type.

shallow/thin

KOH-Rain-K10121.jpg

thick - requires more water pressure.

KOH-Rain-K10122.jpg

have you tried turning the tap(meter) outside your house to full?

learned this from pohjoo's staff.

if still the same, guess you need to change the shower head to those with a shallow/"thin reservoir" type.

shallow/thin

KOH-Rain-K10121.jpg

thick - requires more water pressure.

KOH-Rain-K10122.jpg

Thanks alot MaCe! Will check on that.. i think mine should be the thick shower head.. :furious: If change shower head can solve prob.. i don't mind. I've turn the tap meter to full already..

Read somewhere that rainbath is not suitable with instant heater. That might be the cause?

Hmm.. i did not use instant heater. I got those tank kinda thing..

Thanks alot MaCe! Will check on that.. i think mine should be the thick shower head.. !! If change shower head can solve prob.. i don't mind. I've turn the tap meter to full already..

Hmm.. i did not use instant heater. I got those tank kinda thing..

look for the as thin as possible shower heads - thats what they told me.

try poh joo at jalan besar.

Problem is i already installed the rain shower.. is the shower head interchangeable?

yours comes in ONE-piece? or just the showerhead then connected to stainlesssteel/copper pipe?

go to those shops and take a look at those $25-$45 ones so you can have a rough idea about the connectiing.

Super sad, just got my newly renovated house.. and found out that both the rain showers that my wife and myself chose is wasted. It's not the rain shower that is faulty.. but rather the water pressure. The water pressure is really low to the extent that it become a drizzle shower. :P

I have the same problem with my rainshower due to low water pressure. My plumber came down to check and confirm that there is nothing wrong with the installation. At least u still get a drizzle...mine will only drizzle for 5 secs and stop due to a lack of pressure to hold the knob in place. I end up using only the hand shower. Spent so much $$$ on the rainshower. :P Have not tried the town council yet but dont think they will be very helpful.

I have the same problem with my rainshower due to low water pressure. My plumber came down to check and confirm that there is nothing wrong with the installation. At least u still get a drizzle...mine will only drizzle for 5 secs and stop due to a lack of pressure to hold the knob in place. I end up using only the hand shower. Spent so much $$$ on the rainshower. :dunno: Have not tried the town council yet but dont think they will be very helpful.

Yuppy..... That's why before even "thinking" about the rain shower (My wife die die want it), I asked my plumber to give his opinion while he came for other works to my house. He told me water pressr not sufficient and even if I fix a rain shower, it'll not be useful. So dropped the idea and convinced wife too.

:P

Some brand of shower has a logo (like a water droplets)

This are meant for low pressure supply.

Also, there is some kind of nimble inside to control the output of water.

Cos some place they control the flow to 2.5 gallon/mins with this nimble.

May wanna try removing the nimble.

During my search for my plumbing needs when I was doing up my home, I heard that one of the way to fix a low pressure problem (if you really really really like your rain shower) is to get a storage heater.

The combined flow from the storage heater and the cold water flow from the tap (for mixing) will be double that of the one directly from the tap source... thus making the pressure better for using rain showers.

You can give it a try. The rain shower I have at home is a hand held one... and the water pressure at my unit is pretty decent... so I dunno if the above will really fix the problem or not.

Storage heater don't solve low water pressure.

The first two year of staying in my new HDB(or longer), the water pressure was not as good. Then the town council install a device at the storage tank to improve the water pressure.

So far so good until the device is turn off, then the water pressure will be lower.

Wifey called the shop that sells the shower head.. they say they'll come and change a smaller one.. hopefully can solve prob.. :)

Storage heater don't solve low water pressure.

The first two year of staying in my new HDB(or longer), the water pressure was not as good. Then the town council install a device at the storage tank to improve the water pressure.

So far so good until the device is turn off, then the water pressure will be lower.

Did u request for town council to check the water pressure? What device is that?

It was reported in the newspaper about town council going to install a device that will improve water pressure on those living in higher floor.

I think new estate have to wait.