Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rix

Rain Shower Become Drizzle Shower

Honestly.. town council ain't doing much.. i ask them this question; "does that means that i am paying the same conservatory charges and water bill as everyone else but i am getting short changed with regards to my water pressure?" they just give me some stupid replies.

Drizzle shower i think waste alot of water.. :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Super sad, just got my newly renovated house.. and found out that both the rain showers that my wife and myself chose is wasted. It's not the rain shower that is faulty.. but rather the water pressure. The water pressure is really low to the extent that it become a drizzle shower. :dunno:

One word "PATHETIC" and after wifey called the Town Council.. they give her some **** excuse that the higher storey we are, the water pressure will be lower, if we are on the lower floors, water pressure will be higher... i live on the 10th floor, in Yishun. That like telling me that i am paying conservatory charges and water bills every month only to get short cutted on my water pressure.

Anyone got the same problem as i am?

hi i reside in yishun too

9th level, we dun have heavy rain shower, but reasonable showers , the water are in straight lines not drips.

maybe change the pipes? i remember my contractors actually repiped the whole place, b4 that water pressure was lower. he also "opened" the switch outside to MAX,this was wat he told me lar.

:notti: I live on the 12th floor, the water pressure in my rain shower are pretty decent, it's the hand-held shower head that's driving me crazy... very very weak.

It's those bar one, meaning, it's like a pole... more modern in design.

any comments on it?

hi i reside in yishun too

9th level, we dun have heavy rain shower, but reasonable showers , the water are in straight lines not drips.

maybe change the pipes? i remember my contractors actually repiped the whole place, b4 that water pressure was lower. he also "opened" the switch outside to MAX,this was wat he told me lar.

My contractor changed the piping also.. i still believe it's HDB and town council's job.. cos even my taps.. the pressure is like weak..

does low floor encounter such problem? I am planning to use rain shower for my new flat. After reading the past experience of forumers, I am worried that after spending so much money on rain shower set then it dun work.. i will :lol::lol::jawdrop::jawdrop:

guess it's not so much low or high floor, but how many floors the water passes through

water pressure of a 2nd flr unit differs a lot if one block is 4 storeys and the other 40 storeys :curse:

Some brand of shower has a logo (like a water droplets)

This are meant for low pressure supply.

Also, there is some kind of nimble inside to control the output of water.

Cos some place they control the flow to 2.5 gallon/mins with this nimble.

May wanna try removing the nimble.

Hi guys, great to see that all of you have made the 1st step forward towards building your dream bathroom, notwithstanding some of the minor hiccups which you're encountering with the end product.

Perhaps, i could shed some light on the issues you're facing to allay your concerns...

By and large, water pressure in high rise buildings are generally weaker as compared to landed dwellings

owing to the shared water consumption by the vertical stack.

What all of you have pointed out with regards to the diameter and thickness of the rainshower pc is also true.

The smaller the head, the more concentrated the volume, hence a stronger less dispersed shower jets outflow. :dancingqueen:

This is perfectly NORMAL. (Put those complaint letters away.)

A simple solution to your worries is the installation of a "booster pump" for an increased flow of water supply.

(*However, this installation is not endorsed by the authorities, so do employ this at your own liability, if any. )

Just my 5 cents worth of advice. :dancingqueen: Let me & my team know if you have further queries.

Robin

BATHWORLD

www.bathworld.net

Haha.. my contractor also suggest a booster pump but did tell me it's not legal and that it might cause my neighbour to have problems.. !!

Hi, the water pressure in my house is fairly strong but recently i reno both my toilets and relocated my storage heater from the MBR toilet to the common toilet. I also installed a rain shower system in my MBR toilet. When i tested my rain shower, i'm quite disappointed as the water pressure from the rain shower head is not strong ( i compare with the rain shower in those swimming pool shower rooms). Even the water pressure in my handheld shower head is weak. But the handheld shower in my common toilet is strong.

I was wondering the drop in my pressure in my MBR toilet is cause by the location of the storage heater? If i were to relocated the storage heater back to the MBR, maybe the pressure will be better?

Pls advice..

Another thing, Any help if i change the shower head to a smaller diameter? Whats the smallest rain shower size available? You can see that those public pools shower head pressure is good!

Thanks all!

Recently we purchase some rainshowers and taps from Hansgrohe, the Raindance "AIR" type(some are Rainshower but not "AIR"). I understand this type mixes 3 parts air to 1 part water to give a very gentle but encompassing shower. I am told by the staff that the smaller Rainshowers up to 180mm for the head size will work OK in most HDB estates, except that u must have a storage water heater tank to back up each unit. Those above 200mm will have trouble.

For those above 200mm(I saw some 300mm and above), they recommended a booster valve. I dun know whether this can be fitted in HDB.

We bot ours from Home and Bathroom Building Products, Balestier Road. There is also one showroom at Mohd Sultan, I think. Remember to ask for 20% discount on list price.

I also advise against buying Grohe, because I think it is very overpriced and IMO, not as good as Hansgrohe.

The 180mm head cost abt $500+, and the concealed mixer(no thermostat) abt $400+

--------------------------------

For our kid's bathroom, we decided to put a non-branded shower and after visting Hoe Kee and SSC, we decide to go with Poh Joo because their metal quality is better(thicker), their pipes and showerhead is more solid.

Our set of showerpipe, concealed mixer, plus big showerhead, plus extension plus handshower costs about $400.

Looking at their taps and sinks, I generally find their in-house brand taps and sinks to have better(thicker) metal and better quality than those in-house brands in Hoe Kee and SSC.

Like their tap with the joystick on top stops in the centre to close water and does not travel everywhere. This is like Damixa. So far I don't see this in HK and SSC.

Thus for the non-branded taps, IMO, Poh Joo is best. Their kitchen sink also has thicker metal than those house brands in HK and SSC.

Not to put down HK and SSC, because we bot some toilets and basins from them. But not taps and metal things.

Edited by minstrel

Yes, we installed the Hansgrohe, the Raindance "AIR" type(some are Rainshower but not "AIR") in 2 of our bathrooms and in order that there is stable water pressure, we have installed one 56L water heater tank. We did not face similar problem.

Any reliable shops to recommend regarding the installation of Grohe stuff? I went to the official dealer (Marina Square) and found they were not helpful at all. They weren't able to advice what we need for a rainshower and stuff.

You could try making an appointment at the Grohe Live Centre at Haw Par Centre. Only available during office hours on weekdays hence I never paid them a visit. Used intuition and experience to make my purchase.

Agree that the Grohe and Spa MS outlet salesperson is not knowledgeable or helpful. Essentially reciting what can already be found on the website or catalogue but unable to explain to a deeper level and displaying frustration when unable to cope with deeper questions. Same malady afflicts most sales people locally but I expect upscale brands like Grohe sales to be more competent given the premium that they are demanding. Very frustrating but learnt not to question their ineptness anymore.

It would be good if there were a way to measure water pressure in the pipes. This would save a lot of trouble as we would know before installation if the rain shower would work fine.