Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sepultura

Avoid Lg Lcd Tv

So I went and got this "high end" LG 37" LCD TV (37LC7R). The set was delivered on Monday. Tuesday evening the stupid thing decides to go up in smoke, burning out a board. Called the store and they sent a 1-1 replacement which came yesterday.

Now this second set has severe backlight bleeding. Unfortunately it doesn't appear when just powered on, you have to use it for an hour, and then you see two corners which are obviously bleeding bright light. You can see this clearly when there's no signal.

Now got to call the store and demand another replacement, god knows what other problem that will have. Or else maybe I should ask them to sell me a Panasonic or sony. I called LG customer services today and they claim to have "never heard of this problem". Morons.

So much for kimchi products quality, seems worse than those low end china made ones. Samsung is the only one I've had good experiences with.

FYI the serial numbers of my sets are 707INYD***** and 707INKD*****. If you have an LG 37LC7 in this range, watch out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
once bitten twice shy....

stopped buying korean products donkey years back when my 29" TV died within a year.

Not all things are bad ah. My GoldStar Frige stll going on cold war after 10 yrs. (Maybe consume alot of power.. he he... but at least still working)

What I think is the QC problem for that batch of goods. Just too suey man. feel sorry for you

Not all things are bad ah. My GoldStar Frige stll going on cold war after 10 yrs. (Maybe consume alot of power.. he he... but at least still working)

take my BET, the moment you retire this goldstar fridge and get a similiar capacity one. your pub bill will drop at least $30-$40+.

So how abt another korean brand 'samsung'??i saw this model LA40R81BX at AMK court at price of 2999 come with a hi fi system gift.Any bro or sis had bought,can kindly give comment?

So how abt another korean brand 'samsung'??i saw this model LA40R81BX at AMK court at price of 2999 come with a hi fi system gift.Any bro or sis had bought,can kindly give comment?

have had 5 Samsung TV, 2 from years ago. 3 in my house now...

No problem at all...

The only problem you'll face is when u go to the shop assigned by Samsung to collect the free gift. They play all kinds of tricks.

So be careful hor.

at the first place, you shall not get LCD too....lousy picture quality....especially for SD stuff.....

Samsung Plasma is a nono too, burnt mark easily formed....stilll....

Well the LG tech came home yesterday. I showed him the problem with the second TV - backlight bleed has been increasing in intensity and a new third patch has appeared now.

I vented my frustrations and asked for a replacement, I am not going to settle for "repairs" on a brand new TV.

The tech said he would process the request and have my TV replaced - third TV hopefully works good.

That said, I wonder what sort of junk QC/QA they have at LG. Maybe none at all.

Well the LG tech came home yesterday. I showed him the problem with the second TV - backlight bleed has been increasing in intensity and a new third patch has appeared now.

I vented my frustrations and asked for a replacement, I am not going to settle for "repairs" on a brand new TV.

The tech said he would process the request and have my TV replaced - third TV hopefully works good.

That said, I wonder what sort of junk QC/QA they have at LG. Maybe none at all.

FYI, the third replacement set might not be a brand new. They might give you a so called brand new set that was also rejected by another person. They just need to recon the set.

as long as not giving further problems can liao lah. TV needs burn in one, it's better to get a properly burn in set instead of brand new set which is yet another question mark....

skip korean TV skip skip skip!:dunno:!!

So I went and got this "high end" LG 37" LCD TV (37LC7R). The set was delivered on Monday. Tuesday evening the stupid thing decides to go up in smoke, burning out a board. Called the store and they sent a 1-1 replacement which came yesterday.

Now this second set has severe backlight bleeding. Unfortunately it doesn't appear when just powered on, you have to use it for an hour, and then you see two corners which are obviously bleeding bright light. You can see this clearly when there's no signal.

Now got to call the store and demand another replacement, god knows what other problem that will have. Or else maybe I should ask them to sell me a Panasonic or sony. I called LG customer services today and they claim to have "never heard of this problem". Morons.

So much for kimchi products quality, seems worse than those low end china made ones. Samsung is the only one I've had good experiences with.

FYI the serial numbers of my sets are 707INYD***** and 707INKD*****. If you have an LG 37LC7 in this range, watch out.

oh dear.. what a horrible experience! it must be so frustrating to spend a few thousands on a TV that goes up in smoke literally! :lol:

hope your 3rd replacement will make it!

take my BET, the moment you retire this goldstar fridge and get a similiar capacity one. your pub bill will drop at least $30-$40+.

really ah? $30-$40 is a lot!:lol: i have a Kimchi 2-door fridge.... :lol: