Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

take the height of the tallest person in the family,

with his/her hand raised

the tip of the fingers should not touch the blade of the fan when standing on tip-toe on the platform !!

Edited by applefreak

HDB or private or landed?

HDB got restriction, so better not.

Private, I dun think any restriction for internal only external.

Landed, all yours to change till your heart desire and $$ allows.

HDB or private or landed?

HDB got restriction, so better not.

Private, I dun think any restriction for internal only external.

Landed, all yours to change till your heart desire and $$ allows.

Can anyone tell me if a ceiling fan can be install on a false ceiling?

dun think so coz the false ceiling cannot support the weight

but can install on the ceiling and cover the area with the false ceiling

some fellow forummers did so :)

not advisable. False ceiling is just a thin piece of board to create that look... not very strong.

A fan, depending on the blade size, is very heavy even without the blades attached. If you have longer blades, it would be even heavier!

and imagine, with the movement of the fan when it is on, the support is really very lousy!

So, better not. If you must install it to the false ceiling, the area where the fan is to be installed must be super reinforced. Still it is not advisable.

The smooth effect of the false ceiling is created by plaster. It is a matter of time before the false ceiling around the fan mounting will start snowing!

Then how about if u decided to do L-Box in living and dining area, is it possible to put a ceiling fan? Need to know about it...

It can be done. They will 1st fixed something at the area where u wanna haf ur ceiling fan. Its a board or what. I am not sure. Ask contractors and those ppl selling fans. Thats what they told me. I having this problem also. But my main concern is not the support. Support shouldn't be a problem I guess since a lot of ppl has done it. Its more of the height issue. My hubby is about 183 and my contractor says the ceiling fan might be too low. So haf to wait for my false ceiling to be up.. flooring done then we decide wanna fixed a ceiling fan or not..

Don't think its a good idea to have ceiling fan on false ceiling.

As the distant for the fan to have cooling effects or wind circulation there must be some distant between the ceiling and the fan blade.

There are some thread regarding ceiling fan, do a search and you will find much more info in those thread.

Don't think its a good idea to have ceiling fan on false ceiling.

As the distant for the fan to have cooling effects or wind circulation there must be some distant between the ceiling and the fan blade.

There are some thread regarding ceiling fan, do a search and you will find much more info in those thread.

Advice needed. In the living room, if I'm to have L-box with cove lights and a ceiling fan at the center, will there be flickering shadow? If the living room is big, I know it won't be a problem but not sure how it'll be in small 4 room flat living room?