Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tazzie58

Stainless Steel Shower Racks And Dish Racks

Hi all

Been a long time since I posted anything but have been reading the posts every now and then.

I have a question for all forum-mers:

Now the dish racks and shower racks (usually used to put shower stuff in the shower area) are normally made of stainless-steel. As such they should be rust-proof right?

My dish rack keeps getting the rust-like stuff appearing on it. My ID has been kind enough to replace for me twice and they keep telling me that I need to keep the rack dry and wash/scrub every week. But isn't the purpose of the dish rack to hold dishes until they are dry...?? And the dish rack is not very easy to remove......Even the drip plate gets the rust-like stuff.

The shower rack is faring well either. Less than 6 months only......the railings have become rusty and looks like it is years old. How?

Is there a better way of maintaining such items? Are there plastic dish racks in the market?

Help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

When I went to a shop to buy my fixtures & accessories, I was told there are 2 types of these : 1-stainless steel, with life-time warranty, 2-chrome finish which looks like stainless steel when new but show rust in time. The price difference is almost double bec of quality. Your ID should know that he didn't give you the genuine stuff coz he replaced it. Better change to a genuine stuff.

Hi all

Been a long time since I posted anything but have been reading the posts every now and then.

I have a question for all forum-mers:

Now the dish racks and shower racks (usually used to put shower stuff in the shower area) are normally made of stainless-steel. As such they should be rust-proof right?

My dish rack keeps getting the rust-like stuff appearing on it. My ID has been kind enough to replace for me twice and they keep telling me that I need to keep the rack dry and wash/scrub every week. But isn't the purpose of the dish rack to hold dishes until they are dry...?? And the dish rack is not very easy to remove......Even the drip plate gets the rust-like stuff.

The shower rack is faring well either. Less than 6 months only......the railings have become rusty and looks like it is years old. How?

Is there a better way of maintaining such items? Are there plastic dish racks in the market?

Help!

No wonder some of my racks get rust easily and some are not. I bought some stainless steel dish rack and toilet accessories from different companies like Sim Siang Choon, IKEA and others (Can't remember their name) but all give me different results. I was thinking because my previous flat nearby the sea side so it will get rust easily. From this thread, at least someone explained it clearly (Biochem background???)...

Anyway, I learnt something new here...Thanks!!!

Emobebe

The reason why shower shelf and dish rack that are made of stainless steel always get rust may be their poor design for draining. Therefore, I would recommend shower caddy like this. It is made of stainless steel and also covered by a rust-proof metal finish. And its shape allow better drainage. Besides, you can have the shower shelf that is made of environmental-friendly material ABS. It has a large capacity for storing your bath products.

Stainless Steel Shower Caddy (4).jpg

首图.jpg