Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wensi

Home Renovated By Ideal House, Owner Pls Give Feedback

Hi, I know there's a thread on IDEAL HSE but I thought of giving it a 'new' title to reflect my concern on choosing them .. :unsure:

I'm at the final phrase of choosing ID and just wanted to make sure I'm with the 'correct' one..

Those whose home being renovated by Ideal - especially Mr K, pls give your most genuine feedback as you guys are the only we rely on .. :bangwall:

Some queries:

Is there any 'hidden cost' on the basic packages??? There's whole list of itmes from wet work, to kitchen, to plumbing, etc. Is there any things i should look out for?

Any problem cancelling items that's isted in the contract and reduce the total $$$ (after signing)?

Will the $$$ keeps adding up during the reno process?

Is the laminate design outdated??? Is there plenty to choose from?

That's about all i can think of now.. hope to see many many many replies... :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Me loh...my flat was done by Mr K :unsure: If u r worried abt hidden costs, i can say u can b rest assured :dunno: Items dat u may or may not wan, he will put under optional....end amt will sure change. Mine changed quite a few times cos i add this, minus dat...but all is good...ended up paying lesser cos he remembered to minus certain items which i forgot loh :dancingqueen: My flat was done more than 9mths ago but till now, he still responds to my sms v quickly :notti: Very responsible, reliable & pro-active. Wat kind of laminates u looking for??

He has no hidden costs at all, everything in black & white. If u need to add major items, he will tell u the cost first, let u decide wana proceed boh. Smaller items, he dun ji jiao...He done quite alot of 'minor' stuff for me free...i was paranoid like, keep asking him got charge anot...always no charge :lol: Like last min need to re-position sockets, last min need to move lighting points..certain areas which he feel dat the item is necessary, he will juz do for u. My 2 water-sprays, doorbell, pelmet, kitchen l-box lights, he juz throw in free....wanted to pay him he say no need cos its v cheap.

Actually, quite a few of us here, done by Mr K...u shld read around...U urself must feel comfortable with him..cos u'll be contacting him very frequently. No point we sing praises but u no chemistry with him :bangwall:

Hi.. my house is done by Mr K too... I should claim that I am the 1st one here to get him as an ID... I shifted in for 1.5 years already ... so far so good... not much issue ....

As for your questions...

Is there any 'hidden cost' on the basic packages??? There's whole list of itmes from wet work, to kitchen, to plumbing, etc. Is there any things i should look out for? - I should say that there is no hidden cost... everything is written in black & white...

Any problem cancelling items that's isted in the contract and reduce the total $$$ (after signing)? I will suggest those items that U are not sure whether U want to do... put it as optional... that was what I did... U can lock the price and make the decision later...

Will the $$$ keeps adding up during the reno process? of course if U add items along the way.... U have to pay lor...

Is the laminate design outdated??? Is there plenty to choose from? I choose the laminate from the booklet... if U are asking about the brand... I am not sure how many type... but if U are asking about the pattern/colours... I should say there are plenty...

To be frank... I quite envy Cheesecake... I don't really have so much free things from Mr K hor... of course there were some small items I got it free too...

thanks guys/gals, for the replies!

Not sure is there current reno (juz finished or still in progress) by Mr K.. Hoping to hear from more current owners.. :furious:

Hi.. my house is done by Mr K too... I should claim that I am the 1st one here to get him as an ID... I shifted in for 1.5 years already ... so far so good... not much issue ....

As for your questions...

Is there any 'hidden cost' on the basic packages??? There's whole list of itmes from wet work, to kitchen, to plumbing, etc. Is there any things i should look out for? - I should say that there is no hidden cost... everything is written in black & white...

Any problem cancelling items that's isted in the contract and reduce the total $$$ (after signing)? I will suggest those items that U are not sure whether U want to do... put it as optional... that was what I did... U can lock the price and make the decision later...

Will the $$$ keeps adding up during the reno process? of course if U add items along the way.... U have to pay lor...

Is the laminate design outdated??? Is there plenty to choose from? I choose the laminate from the booklet... if U are asking about the brand... I am not sure how many type... but if U are asking about the pattern/colours... I should say there are plenty...

To be frank... I quite envy Cheesecake... I don't really have so much free things from Mr K hor... of course there were some small items I got it free too...

HSH21, im sure we both got good deals, lol....im juz glad we quite lucky to get a reliable ID....else will reali have lots of headaches.....

thanks guys/gals, for the replies!

Not sure is there current reno (juz finished or still in progress) by Mr K.. Hoping to hear from more current owners.. :dancingqueen:

Actually, juz spend some time gg thru the reno blogs & go thru the ones done by K can liao..or u can request K to let u view his on-going or newly completed projects. Sometimes, he nv offer to let u view completed ones becos he doesnt like to disturb the owners & some owners dun like their ID to bring potential clients to their half-completed units. U can ask K & if u get view, u can speak to the owners if u have the chance...

HSH21, im sure we both got good deals, lol....im juz glad we quite lucky to get a reliable ID....else will reali have lots of headaches.....

Ya... totally agree.... as one of the member said that what we want is just to complete the house smoothly and shift in with no problem... whether there is free gift or not that's not important...

Glad that my house is handle by k...

some owners dun like their ID to bring potential clients to their half-completed units.

Is it ?? I don't mind if the ID bring people to view my house during reno.. but I won't allow after shift in lor... anyway... K had never request to bring anyone to view my house lor...

Is it ?? I don't mind if the ID bring people to view my house during reno.. but I won't allow after shift in lor... anyway... K had never request to bring anyone to view my house lor...

For mine, both during & after reno also ppl come & see...but K v funi, he nv ask me can anot, he juz tell the couple not convenient cos i've already shifted in...but who noes, i noe the couple online, lol. Juz told them to let K noe im alrite with it...B4 i sign on K, i asked to view one of his on-going condo project. But he told me not v convenient...im alrite with it...so went to view another one...I tink K tries not to disturb after reno...

But hor.... as mention before... all companies have different groups of workers... who know which group will be doing our house... according to K... all projects handled by him no worry... he will ensure the workers do the house nice nice..

Edited by HSH21

After many many moons of dicussion & debating, finally chosen the ID (Ideal House) for the new home.. :)

I'll try to feedback when reno starts next month.. Thanks to those who have contributed their comments, really helps alot on decision making.

Now, juz cross finger(s) and hope everything goes well.. :P

Yes, with K.. :good:

Me oso signing with K. My home oso at punggol .... Starting in Dec , shd be after yrs completed...

Hi All,

I am contemplating to choose Mr K from ideal house. Just to check does he complete his work on scheduele. Cause i am targeting to move in before Chinese New Year.

Casue i read on the forum, a lot can't deliver on time.

Please give me your genuine feedback.

Thanks all!