Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iseya10

The Furniture Club

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
eh. good idea , :jawdrop: i will also go after CNY hehee

believe anot til now my home do not have dinning table & tea table hehee....

my home to small, i tot after My AD den get lor

Wan go together? :notti:

Believe it or not, me n partner alrdy know where and what to buy and how much liao.

Now is just go ard for better bargain. Alot of time price reali good liao but don't want to put deposit cause haben even go for 1st appt!:D

Wait for keys/paper processing reali "tong ku"

But we bought our mattress liao while walking ard after din :notti:

Ikea ? They have a solid pinewood design, $49 for single and $99 for queen. Can't think of cheaper than that.

Do keep quality in mind also.

Try out those neighbourhood furniture stores tt sells tilam tt kind. :good:

Do keep quality in mind also.

Try out those neighbourhood furniture stores tt sells tilam tt kind. :yamseng:

Actually from what I've seen, the $99 Ikea pine bed seems better designed and built than a $200+ cheap "solid wood" type bed from Malaysia from neighbourhood store.

Comparing queen size with queen size, the Ikea bed has an extra centre "spine" with a row of legs in the centre of the bed to support the mattress, and metal cross bracing diagonally across the bed. The Malaysian one is only 4 legs at each corner, and just uses long planks across the width to support, doesn't look as strong or steady.

I m a satisfied customer of FC, was abit worried at first after reading abt its bad review in sg brides. my high gloss tv console + coffee table just got delivered last sat. delivery was prompt, no scratches or damage to the furniture, happy with their service. got mine at FC at IMM, total damage $1350 inclusive of gst + delivery. regret not gtg to the warehse to c, might hv got it cheaper.

I m a satisfied customer of FC, was abit worried at first after reading abt its bad review in sg brides. my high gloss tv console + coffee table just got delivered last sat. delivery was prompt, no scratches or damage to the furniture, happy with their service. got mine at FC at IMM, total damage $1350 inclusive of gst + delivery. regret not gtg to the warehse to c, might hv got it cheaper.

show pic.. pls..

went sungei kadut last week.. on sun.. then realise their warehouse closed on sun.. sian..

guys if you going down.. try to go on sat.. better..

will be going down again after cny.. maybe new style coming up.. :)

I just signed up a package with FC @furniture mall. A bit worried after reading the bad reviews at sgbrides. But notice that the reviews were quite some time ago i.e. 2005, 2006.. Happy to read the recent reviews here :jawdrop:..

The only concern now is that we didn't really like the package that we signed up.. Fabric sofa + wooden coffee table + wooden dining table set w/ 4 chairs.. Actually we were only interested in the fabric sofa at first, but the salesperson "sai-ko-ed" us to sign up the package which he said is more worth it.. However, we didn't really see any designs of coffee table and dining that we liked, but due to the late hours and also quite tired with looking around, we hastily signed on the paper.. The package deal wasn't cheap at all, at around $4k. And we think the wooden furnitures quality are only so-so, not solid wood, just ply with veneer. Sighh, already signed what to do now..

Was thinking of some possible actions:

1. Change the order, remove the coffee table and dining table set, only get the sofa (possible?)

2. Change the order, keep the sofa but change the coffee table and dining set to bed frame

3. Keep the order, but ask for discount or upgrade of items

Anyone have any similar experience before can share? esp abt changing package items.. Thx thx!!

I just signed up a package with FC @furniture mall. A bit worried after reading the bad reviews at sgbrides. But notice that the reviews were quite some time ago i.e. 2005, 2006.. Happy to read the recent reviews here :unsure:..

The only concern now is that we didn't really like the package that we signed up.. Fabric sofa + wooden coffee table + wooden dining table set w/ 4 chairs.. Actually we were only interested in the fabric sofa at first, but the salesperson "sai-ko-ed" us to sign up the package which he said is more worth it.. However, we didn't really see any designs of coffee table and dining that we liked, but due to the late hours and also quite tired with looking around, we hastily signed on the paper.. The package deal wasn't cheap at all, at around $4k. And we think the wooden furnitures quality are only so-so, not solid wood, just ply with veneer. Sighh, already signed what to do now..

Was thinking of some possible actions:

1. Change the order, remove the coffee table and dining table set, only get the sofa (possible?)

2. Change the order, keep the sofa but change the coffee table and dining set to bed frame

3. Keep the order, but ask for discount or upgrade of items

Anyone have any similar experience before can share? esp abt changing package items.. Thx thx!!

i got frens who buy FC too.. they are pretty satisfied with the goods..

but they went to FC at sungei kadut (warehouse). Told me to go there not the one in the IFC.

but the warehouse is only opened from mon to sat.. sun is closed..

perhaps u checked if u can include the items from there..

ordered a sofa from FC(IMM) in Dec 2007.

Confirmed the delivery date is 2 Feb 2008.

In Jan 08, was passing by FC so went in to ask if my delivery date can be done earlier, they say "AYE! How come give you such a late date to deliver... this sofa can deliver earlier!" So they did a check from the warehouse... and 2 days later called me back say delivery will be done on 26 Jan 08 and its confirmed...

Super good service right?!

Then on the 26th, early in the morning i called them to check to "confirm" my delivery...

To my horror(kinda expected)... they say cannot deliver cos my sofa not in their warehouse... cos of shipping delay... so i asked how come i am not informed?? The guy from warehouse say they informed the IMM shop and they were supposed to inform me... "HOW WONDERFUL!" so i asked them... when can you deliver?? they say earliest is 31 Jan 08... so i told them... nvm you deliver on the original date 2 feb 08 lah... im not going to take leave purposely and later say cannot deliver again and then waste my precious leave!

so let's see and will update again...

ordered a sofa from FC(IMM) in Dec 2007.

Confirmed the delivery date is 2 Feb 2008.

In Jan 08, was passing by FC so went in to ask if my delivery date can be done earlier, they say "AYE! How come give you such a late date to deliver... this sofa can deliver earlier!" So they did a check from the warehouse... and 2 days later called me back say delivery will be done on 26 Jan 08 and its confirmed...

Super good service right?!

Then on the 26th, early in the morning i called them to check to "confirm" my delivery...

To my horror(kinda expected)... they say cannot deliver cos my sofa not in their warehouse... cos of shipping delay... so i asked how come i am not informed?? The guy from warehouse say they informed the IMM shop and they were supposed to inform me... "HOW WONDERFUL!" so i asked them... when can you deliver?? they say earliest is 31 Jan 08... so i told them... nvm you deliver on the original date 2 feb 08 lah... im not going to take leave purposely and later say cannot deliver again and then waste my precious leave!

so let's see and will update again...

Good luck to you.. You know what, I just remembered that the salesperson whom I signed my package with mentioned that they may have the usual complaints that items are not delivered on time due to shipping issues etc etc, when I told them I saw some complaints abt FC in forum. Dunno why my eyes paste stamp still sign with them.. haha

Btw, last time it happened to my parents that we ordered a sofa to be delivered on certain day, we all took time off to receive the sofa, but the sofa never arrive on that day. Had to call up to ask, and end up the shop gives all kinds of excuses e.g. lorry breakdown etc etc. Question is, why can't they at least give us a call to inform, rather than we angrily call them after waiting for moons? And then the truth becomes more obvious when they waited for almost 2-3weeks to deliver. Either shipment problem or maybe even forgot abt the deal? Where is the trust and honesty.. sighh :furious:

i got frens who buy FC too.. they are pretty satisfied with the goods..

but they went to FC at sungei kadut (warehouse). Told me to go there not the one in the IFC.

but the warehouse is only opened from mon to sat.. sun is closed..

perhaps u checked if u can include the items from there..

Good idea! Will go sungei kadut first before going to showroom at furniture. Guess warehouse could have more choices on display compared to showroom.

Btw, the salesperson told me last time that the furniture mall showroom will undergo renovation during CNY and new furniture models will be displayed after the reno. So folks who haven't selected your items yet can go take a look..

Btw, the salesperson told me last time that the furniture mall showroom will undergo renovation during CNY and new furniture models will be displayed after the reno. So folks who haven't selected your items yet can go take a look..

the salesman also say.. wat u see now most prob will not be available when u come back after CNY. so if really want.. may have to consider to get it now.. me most prob will wait ba..

do FC have annual sale or crazy sale?

hihi paiseh for the late reply. m still busy unpacking my hse now and still hv not got internet yet, so unable to post pics up. now still relying on company internet. will post pics up once i hv the chance.

i am also one of the unlucky one..

their furniture is indeed nice,but service is :dribble:

on the day before delivery they can call and tell me that the dining chair that i want is out of stock..can faint

1) why call so last minute? they should have double check the stock few days before.so that i still can go down to their shop to chose other design

2) they t-loan me a set of dining chairs. the condition is so jia lat..can see grass sticking to the chair..its not easy to remove the grass cos the material is cloth type..(will easily stick to the grass).also the chair is so dirty,how to display the chairs? dont loan better

3) my dining chairs only available during mid of march 2008. can faint again. if i know that this will happen, i will not buy the dining set already loh

4) hold back $350 for my dining chairs, still quite reasonable. But that time i asked them how much is the individual chairs selling. they said per piece $150. so 4pieces = $600. By right, they should hold back $600 right? but they didnt allow me to do that.

too bad.so suay. design nice is nice la. so many dining sets i have seen at other shops, FC has the nicer design

cny coming..how to display their "grass" loan chairs?