Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purple

Final Inspection

Hi,

We have bought a resale flat and the keys will be handed over towards the middle of this month.

When we asked the agent about the final inspection he says it will be done just 2-3 days before the keys are handed over.We never had an agent .This is the sellers agent who was doing the paper work for us.

He said its the usual procedure to do the inspection at the last .Can anyone advise on this?Is this is the normal procedure?

Thanks a lot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

We have bought a resale flat and the keys will be handed over towards the middle of this month.

When we asked the agent about the final inspection he says it will be done just 2-3 days before the keys are handed over.We never had an agent .This is the sellers agent who was doing the paper work for us.

He said its the usual procedure to do the inspection at the last .Can anyone advise on this?Is this is the normal procedure?

Thanks a lot

I did the inspection the day before the 2nd appointment... after the inspection the seller handed over one set of keys to us... we use our lock to lock up the gate...

Add on to HSH21's post: As long as you are able to secure the place after inspection, which day before the 2nd appt doesn't really matter. The objective of the inspection is to make sure that you are getting all the fixtures and fittings as agreed.

When I bought my previous flat, I also gong gong don't know about this, went for inspection but never lock the flat, few days later then go 2nd appt. Luckily nothing is amiss lor...

Its better to go for final inspection on the day before the 2nd appt or on the day itself.

If u go too early, u never noe wat will happen to the flat, as in whether the fixtures will be removed

after a few days upon your inspection.

I went for my final inspection 1 day before the 2nd appt and the seller is not honest! They removed 2 of their lightings! Luckily I dun intend to keep the lighting, so I never pursue the matter.

If u wanna keep the fixtures, this is very impt for u to take note.

If during final inspection i spot some leakings on the toilet ceiling, should i get the seller to fix it or report to hdb? my concern is i may not be able to spot something (e.g. leakage) during final inspection, hence if only after completion then it's my responsibility. anyone experienced that before? thanks.

If during final inspection i spot some leakings on the toilet ceiling, should i get the seller to fix it or report to hdb? my concern is i may not be able to spot something (e.g. leakage) during final inspection, hence if only after completion then it's my responsibility. anyone experienced that before? thanks.

Yes....dun tink it is the seller's responsibility anymore...

IMO I dun think the final inspection will help much. If there is something to be done, it will only delay the handover, so it is more of a formality than really checking for fault and etc.

We didn't do any final inspection because we thought no point and the seller seems decent enough. He even tell us he wants to remove the curtain rod when it wasn't even in the list of fixtures to be included in the sale. My hubby said no point to inspect also. We just went immediately after we got the keys and did see a few wall cracks that were hidden behind bookcases previously, but old flats are like that, cannot complain.

i didn't get to do my final inspection because our seller was **** dodgy and she rented the flat out to ppl who refused to leave because they did not get their rent money back etc etc etc. it's a long, convoluted story. anyways.

when we finally got the keys, went to the flat and found a major leak in the MBR ceiling. there were stalactites growing from the pipes for goodness' sake. the seller just said that 'it was already there when she moved in'. how can you tolerate crap dripping from your ceiling for years?? grossified. anyways.

rightfully the seller should hv rectified the leak...but now the problem pass to me. i'm the one who has to bear the cost of the repair when i havent even moved in yet. hv to go meet MP next week to ask for the HDB subsidy.

apparently the sale of the flat can only take max. period of 6 weeks. if within 6 wks not completed, you have to start over. that was the impression i got from my HDB officer at our 2nd appt, when we told her we wr unable to inspect the flat due to 'unforseen circumstances'.

i didn't get to do my final inspection because our seller was **** dodgy and she rented the flat out to ppl who refused to leave because they did not get their rent money back etc etc etc. it's a long, convoluted story. anyways.

when we finally got the keys, went to the flat and found a major leak in the MBR ceiling. there were stalactites growing from the pipes for goodness' sake. the seller just said that 'it was already there when she moved in'. how can you tolerate crap dripping from your ceiling for years?? grossified. anyways.

rightfully the seller should hv rectified the leak...but now the problem pass to me. i'm the one who has to bear the cost of the repair when i havent even moved in yet. hv to go meet MP next week to ask for the HDB subsidy.

apparently the sale of the flat can only take max. period of 6 weeks. if within 6 wks not completed, you have to start over. that was the impression i got from my HDB officer at our 2nd appt, when we told her we wr unable to inspect the flat due to 'unforseen circumstances'.

No agent? Should be able to ask them to inspect but for those units which are used as rental, I normally will siam them.

And since if you have the intention of renovating the house, so close eye lor.

Edited by raincole

Hi isit ok if final inspection we not going and ask our agent to check for us and lock the door for us?

better to go down and check. if not later, it's his words against your words and never ending.

Hi all!

Just wondering since I've allowed the seller to extend his stay, how to do final inspection?? :help:

Thanks!