Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
audreymarilyn

Terrible Premium Ea In Anchorvale

Got my keys 2 days ago! Was elated but after I step into the Brand New Premium EA in Anchorvale, I feel so disappointed and angry.

The flat is vacant for 5 yrs. Gosh! In my house, there are

1) Cracked Floor tiles and skirting.

2) Uneven cement (or what do you call that thing in between floor tiles?) Cement also overlap into my floor tiles which cover part of the floor tiles. Can complain abt this or not?

3) Huge crack of more than 30cm in all 3 bedrooms. It seems to be from outside then crack into the bedroom. Crack till can see the inside grey structure.

4) All Bronze alum windows latch rusty! Especially the top latch. Even 1 window handle is missing.

5) Sewage pipe in MBR toilet leaking. Sewage landed on the centre of my bi-fold door which cause it to ROT 3cm in centre down liao. The remaining sewage landed on the toilet bowl but luckily its still covered with plastic. However, the entire room and toilet smell of sewage!

6) Outside aircon ledge rusty!

7) Bedroom doors as well as frame a little rusty here n there. Spots appearing and become rough.

8) Everything such as shower head, shower rod, tap, basin tap, that round thing in cenre of basin, all these all rusty!

Plus there are many more defects here n there.... How? Help! anyone encounter such horrible stuff before?

Its supposed to be new flat? don't they check before they sell it to us? Though there is a 1 yr warranty from now but the thought of all these just.... yucks! Are they suppose to resolve this before I move in? Or am i suppose to accept this defects etc?

When i step inside the house, the floor tiles all dirty n black so we decided to wash the floor so to be able to check more clearly! Gosh, the water we splash seeped into the unit below us and it was raining in their bedroom! They complain to branch office abt this and the officer came up to our house n told us we cannot wash our floor? if dont wash, how to check clearly? Its due to the crack on wall, floor tiles, skirting etc... huge crack that y water can seep in like tat.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Got my keys 2 days ago! Was elated but after I step into the Brand New Premium EA in Anchorvale, I feel so disappointed and angry.

The flat is vacant for 5 yrs. Gosh! In my house, there are

1) Cracked Floor tiles and skirting.

2) Uneven cement (or what do you call that thing in between floor tiles?) Cement also overlap into my floor tiles which cover part of the floor tiles. Can complain abt this or not?

3) Huge crack of more than 30cm in all 3 bedrooms. It seems to be from outside then crack into the bedroom. Crack till can see the inside grey structure.

4) All Bronze alum windows latch rusty! Especially the top latch. Even 1 window handle is missing.

5) Sewage pipe in MBR toilet leaking. Sewage landed on the centre of my bi-fold door which cause it to ROT 3cm in centre down liao. The remaining sewage landed on the toilet bowl but luckily its still covered with plastic. However, the entire room and toilet smell of sewage!

6) Outside aircon ledge rusty!

7) Bedroom doors as well as frame a little rusty here n there. Spots appearing and become rough.

8) Everything such as shower head, shower rod, tap, basin tap, that round thing in cenre of basin, all these all rusty!

Plus there are many more defects here n there.... How? Help! anyone encounter such horrible stuff before?

Its supposed to be new flat? don't they check before they sell it to us? Though there is a 1 yr warranty from now but the thought of all these just.... yucks! Are they suppose to resolve this before I move in? Or am i suppose to accept this defects etc?

When i step inside the house, the floor tiles all dirty n black so we decided to wash the floor so to be able to check more clearly! Gosh, the water we splash seeped into the unit below us and it was raining in their bedroom! They complain to branch office abt this and the officer came up to our house n told us we cannot wash our floor? if dont wash, how to check clearly? Its due to the crack on wall, floor tiles, skirting etc... huge crack that y water can seep in like tat.

Edited by yahoo

gosh, and i thought my unit was in a bad state !! :curse:

this is totally unacceptable :notti:;):fire:

i think you should list down these defects, send an email to the hdb branch office and cc the MPs to demand them take immediate action

get your neighbour living downstairs to force hdb settle the leaking issue

this is no longer common defect liao, it's structural defect

now wash floor the water will leak downstairs, next time the ceiling is gonna cave in liao :unsure:zz

OMG :unsure: Wah, seepage is very bad when it already affected your neighbour downstairs.

Would like to suggest to you:

- Take lots of photos as evidence of the damages that u can see and found.

- Cracks, damages & rusts outside your unit ---- fwd photos and complain to Town Council.

- Cracks, damages & rust inside your unit ---- fwd photos and complain to HDB.

For the cracked tiles, it seems that highly likely the tiles should be hacked and relayed as there's seepage involved, and you haven't start any reno yet. And find out if your block has undergone the Repair & Repainting (R&R) works done by Town Council or not.

Make your $10 coupon paid previously worth it zz

Thanks for all of your replies. Today i went to SK branch office and saw the officer in charge of my unit.

He will come up to my place with contractor on this coming monday to verify the defects!

Told him i need to move in by end of the month, taking note i still need to renovate my place. He seem simply bo chap n ask me give him 3 weeks... keep saying can lah, 3 weeks, see how lo.

If he takes 3 weeks, my reno takes another 3 weeks, altogether 6 weeks liao. He was quick to add that my reno contractor must not start work till his guys have completed their defect rectification!

He also added that he dun have anymore skirting left for the hall. He has no more toilet tiles etc. I really hope on monday, he can advise me what he is going to do.

there is no way they can finish the rectification works in three weeks

mine took almost three months and they still owe me quite a bit of rectification works :good: :good:

Dear audreymarilyn,

Sorry to hear such a bad news from you. I have a frd who got his "new" flat from Woodland and encounter the same problems with you. Hence, I have to agreed with Applefreak that it will take more than 3 weeks for HDB to rectify the problem.

It will take at least 3 to 4 weeks later for the HDB contractors to start work on your flat and a minimum of 2 mths will be needed.

If you really wanna to speed up the process, please send all your photos and correspondence to your MP for help.

there is no way they can finish the rectification works in three weeks

mine took almost three months and they still owe me quite a bit of rectification works :dancingqueen::disturb:

What rectifications did they do? can share? is it anywhere here in T-blog etc?

Today i went to inspect again. So many toilet wall tiles crack! Both toilets also like that!

audrey,

go to www.hdb.gov.sg and login to MY HDB PAGE and communicate with your technical officer thru the email service inside. cos all your emails will be routed to HQ and the TO involved need to open a case and update HQ.

audrey,

go to www.hdb.gov.sg and login to MY HDB PAGE and communicate with your technical officer thru the email service inside. cos all your emails will be routed to HQ and the TO involved need to open a case and update HQ.

oh ok thanks for the info !!

But you will have to wait and wait and wait. Possible to change your move-in date?

no, my move-in date cannot be changed as i will need to vacate my current place for my buyers to move in. they themselves also will not have a place to stay anymore by then... gotta cross fingers and pray hard that everything be on schedule.

oh ok thanks for the info !!

no, my move-in date cannot be changed as i will need to vacate my current place for my buyers to move in. they themselves also will not have a place to stay anymore by then... gotta cross fingers and pray hard that everything be on schedule.

Anyone here has topped up for homogenous tiles and how much did you pay psf? Exactly? Coz I have been searching for more info here but i only see $1+ psf?

Today i met up with my TO and HDB contractor too. Yes, my tiles will be hacked and relaid. But that contractor say I have to top up minimum of $2 psf. And this is the cheapest homogenous tiles which is going for $2.80 at the tiles shop.... Have I been overcharged?

Any suggestions pls???

Thanks for all of your replies. Today i went to SK branch office and saw the officer in charge of my unit.

He will come up to my place with contractor on this coming monday to verify the defects!

Told him i need to move in by end of the month, taking note i still need to renovate my place. He seem simply bo chap n ask me give him 3 weeks... keep saying can lah, 3 weeks, see how lo.

If he takes 3 weeks, my reno takes another 3 weeks, altogether 6 weeks liao. He was quick to add that my reno contractor must not start work till his guys have completed their defect rectification!

He also added that he dun have anymore skirting left for the hall. He has no more toilet tiles etc. I really hope on monday, he can advise me what he is going to do.

hmm... which block are you at?

If it is in the same cluster as me, you have to keep hounding them till they come down to do your home

I didn't know Anchorvale had premium EAs.

if the water can seep thru to the floor below, it means that your waterproofing is gone, have to hack the whole floor to re-do the water proofing before laying the new tiles.

If the estate manager tell you no tiles, throw the ball back at him. It is his job to get replacement tiles.

Remember, you bought a premium flat... if there are any defects that does not make the unit premium as stated in the contract, you got every right to keep hounding them till they do it.

If the estate manager dun do anything, then call and look for his superior... and keep going up the chain till someone does something. Worst come to worst, take it up to the press.

For now, arm urself with a camera and do lots of inspections, with your camera especially and print the photos out and bring them with you each time you visit your home.

Anyone here has topped up for homogenous tiles and how much did you pay psf? Exactly? Coz I have been searching for more info here but i only see $1+ psf?

Today i met up with my TO and HDB contractor too. Yes, my tiles will be hacked and relaid. But that contractor say I have to top up minimum of $2 psf. And this is the cheapest homogenous tiles which is going for $2.80 at the tiles shop.... Have I been overcharged?

Any suggestions pls???

hmm... if the home is suppose to be premium, that means that the floors should all be done up... why is there a need to top up?

get the model number of the tiles he offered, or at least get a small sample then bring it to the shop and ask for a quote.