Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
currahee

Help On Marriage Needed

Hi,

I've registered for my ROM date some time in Dec 07. However, some last minute work has cropped up and I may be required to go overseas during the time period.

I also have an on-going HDB resale flat application in progress, which I would need proof of intention to marry, so that I could qualify for the CPF housing grant for newly weds first-timer buyer.

Due to the above circumstances, I would like to know if I could postpone my ROM date and yet still be able to proceed with my resale CPF housing grant application during my first-appt with HDB.

Another option which I may consider is can I register my marriage overseas (USA) and use that to support my application for the CPF housing grant.

Thank you all for your advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Talk to your HDB officer and lawyer. I was also away during the 1st Appointment, my husband didn't turned up on the 2nd Appointment and I only ROM 5 months after my 2nd Appointment. I remembered there're forms you need to sign before you fly and the lawyer have to do up a letter of authorization for your fiance to act on your rights.

Edited by chew@PPLe