Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jliow

Calling All Maxcoil Users

I went to Furniture Mall over the weekend and saw this Maxcoil President VIP series at one of the shops. The price of a Queen is $2599. this model is supposedly pocketed spring + latex foam, total ht 13".

have any one here used this series before? thot kinda expensive for a local brand but if i ignore the brand, it's cheaper than those Sealy, Simmons out there. Any advice?

The Sealy Summit that is on promotion right now has latex and is only $2588 for a Queen size. So you will actually paying more for a MaxCoil than a Sealy.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

personally dun buy mattress becos of its brands ... most impoetant its suits ur sleepin comfort ... so wat its maxcoil ?? as long u feel comfort while sleepin on it most important it wont burn ur pocket...

another thing to take note is all branded mattress pay more than hundreds thounds or even million on advertise on their brand .. so just think back who pay for their advertising ????? its the consumer .. so i always stick to my view .. no matter wat brand it is as long its comfort for own self means good mattress

personally dun buy mattress becos of its brands ... most impoetant its suits ur sleepin comfort ... so wat its maxcoil ?? as long u feel comfort while sleepin on it most important it wont burn ur pocket...

another thing to take note is all branded mattress pay more than hundreds thounds or even million on advertise on their brand .. so just think back who pay for their advertising ????? its the consumer .. so i always stick to my view .. no matter wat brand it is as long its comfort for own self means good mattress

I can respect your opinion.

However, if you think about it, a mattress is supposed to last 10 years, the big brands have been around a long time and can be checked for reliability the smaller cannot.

Also, if you look at some of the other threads there have been complaints about the brand being discussed here. So at the end of the day my opinion is that I prefer to spend my hard-earned money on a reputable brand or I will buy a series of very cheap mattress. I probably will not spend more than $2000 on a relatively unknown brand.

The Sealy Summit that is on promotion right now has latex and is only $2588 for a Queen size. So you will actually paying more for a MaxCoil than a Sealy.

Where did you see this Sealy Summit offer is at $2,588 for a Queen size?

Cheers

Recently I bought Max Coil King size storage bed, I'm really having a hard time with max coil people. Their delivery & assembly are so poor. 1st time installation, the guys step on the storage base until we heard a crack sound. As king size bed is make up of 2 single beds, so we requested for a change on 1 bed.

So they came 2nd week but this time round, the 1 side of bed cannot assemble together with the other side because screw holes are not aligned so got to change both beds. The quality is visibly poorer than my first set, fabric loose on one bed (imagine you have 2 beds, when you open both storage covers, you can see 1 bed, the fabric is loose like a U shape), black fabric with white folding lines and leather scratched. Even though it's 2 single beds, but can see 1 bed quality is better than the other one.

So call max coil and the QC guy came to inspect the bed and he arranged for replacement. 3rd time the delivery came but brought same poor quality bed for replacement. Even before we checked the quality, they have dismantled the bed and because of the poor quality we decided not to change & arrange for another replacement. So they installed back the bed but now the bed cover cannot be closed. It keep bouncing up when we close it. The delivery guys keep saying, it is like this. Now we have to use the mattress weight to keep the bed tightly close.

We have to make another appointment for QC inspection and replacement. I really don't know when this will end?? It has been 2 months already. I'm so regret of buying a storage bed instead of just a divan.

Edited by ccsp6

Hi there, I've bought 2 mattress from maxcoil, personally, the experience for my 1st mattress that arrived is very good.

Bed and Bed frame came in very good condition, installers are friendly too.

Model i bought is called causeway. Personally, i like the level of comfort and also the price.Cos i want to get a cheap model to last me for the next few months for my wedding before i moved out. Got it from ExPO fair.

I ordered another model called the posturecare jewel too. not delievered yet as its suppose to be for my new house.

As for this model, I tried it in expo furniture fair.I find that it is really comparable to those expensive brand high range products. but most imptly i like the feel of it when i slept on it. Have tried simmons, and serta,Englander and some other brands. the feeling i got from the maxcoil i bought is pretty close to those of ard 4 or 5k and above.(of cos there are more than 10k worth of mattress, but seriously, i didn't try that before so for me, i felt any price of ard 4 or 5k and above is good)

however, like i said , its really subjective. Cos my mum tried on it and she doesn't like the latex softness..she prefer something harder. end up she bought herself another brand.

conclusion, i find that maxcoil is pretty value for money comparing to those brands who always advertise.

2nd, I didn;t know this until i went to the expo fair. those models that courts are selling or some other furniture shop are selling are very diff from the one in the fair. the fair sells similar but better products as they cannot sell the same model to courts or other furniture shop due to the conflict of interest.(I did went to courts to verify cos i'm afraid i was conned. but i found that the most ex model in court is not really as fantastic as the one being sold in the fair.)

Do look for carol if you happen to go to the any expo fair, she provides good service and can explain very well.

*ps i'm not related to any shops or maxcoil or carol. the above are my 2cents of comments. purely based on a consumer point of view. :sport-smiley-018:

I know Maxcoil is a local manufacturer and all the products (I think) are made in Singapore instead of having some from Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.. Perhaps, you can take a look at this website www.sleeppost.com. They have a full range of products. I am thinking of getting either the King Koil or the Maxcoil but currently away and will try it out at their showroom when I return. If anyone has any further experience to share, will be glad to receive some from this forum.

Haha yup...I too have heard from someone in the mattress line that Maxcoil is a Singaporean bed manufacturing company that sells its beds only in Singapore.

Edited by andrewlow78

Hi all

I am currently sleeping in an max coil individual pocketed spring mattress that I bought sometime ago that bundle with Free bedframe, pillow and mattress protecter queen size for $899

So far so good and comfortable

Hi Ashleyy

when I bought my maxcoil set I was told that warranty only for spring so you mean if the topper sack we can call them to service?

Hi Ashleyy

when I bought my maxcoil set I was told that warranty only for spring so you mean if the topper sack we can call them to service?

Nope.

Haha yup...I too have heard from someone in the mattress line that Maxcoil is a Singaporean bed manufacturing company that sells its beds only in Singapore.

Made in Batam, Not made in Singapore.

finally bump into this thread..can someone help me? i want to buy max coil but many say is made in batam. Any updates? still made in batam? got warranty? how long? any issues not? please help tq!!!!

1 hour ago, christine699 said:

finally bump into this thread..can someone help me? i want to buy max coil but many say is made in batam. Any updates? still made in batam? got warranty? how long? any issues not? please help tq!!!!

nvr try b4 but heard from my uncle like got a lil prob w warranty....