Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapea

Mitsubishi Heavy Industry Aircon

Anyone had further feedback on MHI, was thinking of going for MHI, coz is the cheapest quote i got for the aircon combination i'm looking for. A system4 inverter with a higher BTU for living room.

I got the following quotes for MHI.

To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Heavy” 32,414BTU multi split inverter aircon, M/N:SCM80 / SKM28 (9k) x2 / SKM35 (12k) / SKM71 (26k) (R410) - $4000 (including GST).

To supply and install the air-conditioners in surface mount with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe, 1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking , stainless steel bracket and Singapore cable. Price excludes conceal piping, power point and any items not mentioned.

I read the specifications from http://www.mhi.co.jp/aircon/english/catalog/business.html, seems like a good aircon. However, I'm not able to find the no of Green Ticks that is awarded for MHI.

Any comments on the quotes I get. And is MHI awarded the green ticks?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

when i first saw the name of this mit aircon "heavy industries" and i thought it's used for industrial. hahaha. :D

why called "heavy industries" huh? anyone installed liao and has any feedback? pls share. :)

An Extreme Bad Expriences With All Best!!

Went to All Best today and wanted to purchase the MHI Systems 3 after hearing a few good comments and consideration.

However met up with this guy from All Best, (guess is the supervisor) keep condenm it and keep pushing other brandsto me, saying things like y you wanted a inferior aircon, y you want a aircon that might give you more problems, this brand condense water etc. When i insist that i don't mind and wanted to purchase , his atitude change 360 degree and show me the unfriendy look when he is opening the Sales order.

During the process, he told me that there is no confirm of delivery and installation unless i pay the full amount. This is ridicular who would pay full when they don't have to confident to delivery the job. I guess this is their tactic, as i already pay full and if i can't wait they will get me to change to other brand. Therefore i was very pissed and know that they does not want my deal. Puzzle me ?????? When a customer walk into your shop and without asking for a discount, Y dont they want the deal? Then I walk away and tell myself not to get angry and did the purchase from GC.

Later i found out from other shops that i was not the only one have that kind of treatment from them. Reason being they quote a low price and converted customer to see other brands when they step into the shop..they brainwash them to believe that MHI is very bad quality with more noise and bad spare part etc.

This is really very unprofessional and upset me as i wasted my whole afternoon there. Hope this will help for those who consider to buy anything from them.

1 last thing came to my mind, y would the distributor of MHI would want a company that condenm their products. : (

I ordered my MHI as well on Saturday, not from All Best, but H**G T*R, friendly service from them. Just hope that the installations goes well and the aircon is really good. Anyway, manage to get some free service voucher.

Hi All,

I also ordered MHI from GC and had the piping done last week the fan coil will be installed next week or 1st week of December as one of the fan coil is in the feature wall.

As far as MHI aircon is concern I think if you look at their catalogue the features are fantastic. I had it run at the GC shop and found the noise is really less compare to my existing house Fujitsu install. plus the most important feature is self cleaning and when you switch off the aircon it does not suddenly shut down, but rather first compressor goes off and fan keeps of spitting out the air so that if their is any condensation it gets dried by fan action and after few minutes the fan shuts down. This way I think theirs less chance of fungus appearing. There are loads of other features on their brochure.

Hope our selection really does what’s on the brochure.

:thumbs up:

indee

Hi All,

I also ordered MHI from GC and had the piping done last week the fan coil will be installed next week or 1st week of December as one of the fan coil is in the feature wall.

As far as MHI aircon is concern I think if you look at their catalogue the features are fantastic. I had it run at the GC shop and found the noise is really less compare to my existing house Fujitsu install. plus the most important feature is self cleaning and when you switch off the aircon it does not suddenly shut down, but rather first compressor goes off and fan keeps of spitting out the air so that if their is any condensation it gets dried by fan action and after few minutes the fan shuts down. This way I think theirs less chance of fungus appearing. There are loads of other features on their brochure.

:thumbs up:

indee

Oh well, believed we are all proud owners of our new MHI aircon. Be it good or not, we bought it at the best knowledgeof what we knows according to forum feedbacks, comparison on the brochures and etc. And i believed it will serve its good purposes for us owners.

Next week should be installation of the pipings from BEST TECH. Wife will be overseeing it with our ID as i will be away sailing. So lets hope for the best. There is no bad aircon, only bad salesperson. Haha

Hi All,

:dunno:

indee

I think toshiba also have the same function. When i off the aircon, the fancoil will still be blowing some air for a while before it truly shuts down. Quite a good feature. Initially, i thought there's something wrong with the aircon! haha..Nevertheless, i think MHI is also a reliable brand. There's no bad aircons, only bad installers :furious:

but i heard some shops told me that MHI got many problems. i dont know how true? :good:

I believed it is a never ending story. There are bound to be some bad eggs which have defects for every brands of aircon.

We just have to keep our fingers cross.

I've my MHI installation done recently, i notice that there are 2 copper pipes, 1 of which is thicker than the other. Is this normal, or should both be the same size?

2001267106272241692_th.jpg

I've my MHI installation done recently, i notice that there are 2 copper pipes, 1 of which is thicker than the other. Is this normal, or should both be the same size?

2001267106272241692_th.jpg

one is high pressure and one is low pressure (so its normal). in layman, one is carrying the cold gas to cool the room, the other is the return to the compressor that is not so cool anymore after loosing its coolness.

I ordered my MHI as well on Saturday, not from All Best, but H**G T*R, friendly service from them. Just hope that the installations goes well and the aircon is really good. Anyway, manage to get some free service voucher.

Am using MHI system3 inverted... Very good and quiet aircon... Alot of ppl purchase starmex cause is well known and expensive.. MHI and starmex are both manufacture in china, but technology for MHI from Japan and starmex from US and asia pac.. I got my air con form H==G T=R too.. good workmanship, friendly and good after service mangament...

Importantly MHI is cheaper than starmex and i trust japanese engineering.... I went to japan mostly of the shopping center using MHI brand aircon...

Am using MHI system3 inverted... Very good and quiet aircon... Alot of ppl purchase starmex cause is well known and expensive.. MHI and starmex are both manufacture in china, but technology for MHI from Japan and starmex from US and asia pac.. I got my air con form H==G T=R too.. good workmanship, friendly and good after service mangament...

Importantly MHI is cheaper than starmex and i trust japanese engineering.... I went to japan mostly of the shopping center using MHI brand aircon...

are u sure...gain city quotes for MHI more ex than starmex...

I've my MHI installed 1 month back, but haven't got much chance to use it due to the recent windy night. However, I did tested it a few times, i feel the aircon is fast to cold the room, and is quiet enough for me. Mine was done by H*** T**, overall the workmanship is fine.

But I realize something recently. There seems to be a hole near the compressor, which is filled with some 'cement', and have become soften after rain. Luckily is not near the bracket. Anyway, I'm not sure is the ID's contractor or H*** T** workers who filled the holes, will have to get my ID to fix it for me.

2001794614284425865_th.jpg

2001554613343901103_th.jpg