Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Bypass $ To The Quality Of Life We All Want?

Hi,

just pondering philosophically, actually most of us dun want $ , we want the quality of life that the $ can bring right?

i mean we dun get satisfied just looking at the bank acct numbers, or sleep on a bed of cash or smell the aroma of cash . When we know the $ we have, our imagination immediately turn to the things we can own or do when we have these $ rather

so is there anyway to 'bypass' $ , straight to the quality oif life we all yearn for?

Example of what i mean : the ppl in cuba are th happiest in the world, they are poor country, so the research found out the ppl in cuba know they dun have $, so gues what they concentrate on? they focus on relationship ! and that brings about high happiness index they achieved. They sip kopi slowly chit chat, go beach, relax, play the music and dance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my take on happiness:

one will only know happiness when you know exactly what you want in life

we were brought up with our parents telling us to study hard

study hard so that we can earn a lot of money when we grow up

this is wisdom in their time as they have gone through the heartache of not having enough money

when you see the yearning in your loved ones eyes, only to tell them they can't have their heart's desire because you have no money :help::yamseng::notti:

but have we stopped and asked ourselves

what is it we want in life?

we will be truely happy when we receive what we want

maybe you want to stop and think

what do you want in life?

only when you know when enough is enough

then you can start knowing what is happiness

i know what i want in life and that's definitely not more money

i have had a lot of opportunities to double my pay

but it comes with the trade-off of less time with my loved ones

i know what i want and that is time

it has never been my life goal to be rich

coz i really can't find happiness by being rich :dunno:

Example of what i mean : the ppl in cuba are th happiest in the world, they are poor country, so the research found out the ppl in cuba know they dun have $, so gues what they concentrate on? they focus on relationship ! and that brings about high happiness index they achieved. They sip kopi slowly chit chat, go beach, relax, play the music and dance.

Does cuba happen to be the most reproductive human beings on earth?? Hehe...kidding... !!

On cash vs happiness, I recalled a story:

Once a successful businessman is visiting his supplier in a rural village. As he was driving along the outskirts, he saw a fisherman lying on the beach, sunbathing. He was quite puzzled, because though the fishing season is over soon, there is one more week to go. So he asked the man what is he doing lying on the beach when he should be out in the sea.

Fisherman: "Nahh, I had already got my worth, need to enjoy myself abit..."

Businessman: "But there is still another week to go! I hear this season is very good, you should take advantage of it and get a bigger catch!"

Fisherman: "Why would I want to get a bigger catch?"

Businessman, obviously impatient: "So that you can sell it for more money!"

Fisherman: "Why would I want to sell for more money?"

Businessman, flabbergasted: "Who doesn't want more money?? Money can give you a better life, so that you can enjoy it later!!"

The fisherman sat up, smiled at him, "Why would I want to enjoy later, when I can enjoy my life right now?"

Irony of money in our life: We spent our whole life chasing after money, the rat race, hoping to get a better life after getting the money. But few of us know that the moment we stop chasing, we had already ACHIEVED a better life.

There's this very apt advertisement by Aviva (just an eg, I am not Aviva's agent hor), where the dad is reading the stock update, pushing away his hyperactive daughter who is trying to get his attention. The scene then switches to what should have been happening, with the dad playing with the daughter.

But alas, I guess many of us can't help it but to have the wrong priorities in life, given the environment that we are in...

Edited by zirhk3355

i mean we dun get satisfied just looking at the bank acct numbers, or sleep on a bed of cash or smell the aroma of cash .

Huh? U mean u dun?

Hi,

just pondering philosophically, actually most of us dun want $ , we want the quality of life that the $ can bring right?

If u equate $ to quality of life, how are u going to achieve it if u dun want $?

I subscribed to Maslow's Theory of Hierachy, but individual's threshold of needs at different levels may differ.

If u equate $ to quality of life, how are u going to achieve it if u dun want $?

I subscribed to Maslow's Theory of Hierachy, but individual's threshold of needs at different levels may differ.

Ok Maslow's theory, I want :dunno: $$$$$$ + Health + harmony + authority power(good to have) + supernature ability(My wishes)

Edited by TPY

What people really want in life is love. Because that's what 99.9% of pop music always croon about and why people glued their eyes to soap operas and spend money paying Hollywood stars to act out the kind of life they want to have :(

Hi,

i mean we dun get satisfied just looking at the bank acct numbers, or sleep on a bed of cash or smell the aroma of cash . When we know the $ we have, our imagination immediately turn to the things we can own or do when we have these $ rather

so is there anyway to 'bypass' $ , straight to the quality oif life we all yearn for?

Why same topic at two diffference places. One in Kopi tiam the other in investment section? Can intergrate and merge together?icon9.gif

Ok Maslow's theory, I want :deal: $$$$$$ + Health + harmony + authority power(good to have) + supernature ability(My wishes)

$$$$$$ + Health + harmony = Hygience Factor, one must have in life

authority power(good to have) + supernature ability(My wishes) = Motivation factor, not neccessary but good and wish to have.

What people really want in life is love. Because that's what 99.9% of pop music always croon about and why people glued their eyes to soap operas and spend money paying Hollywood stars to act out the kind of life they want to have :bangwall:

That is the social needs in harmony. Not of the first priorty. If one cannot find $$ (the fudemental) then can look for the next level which is the safety follow by social, next autonomy and utimately the self actualisation.

.... just like going back to schools hirechy of needs. bla bla bla.....

That is the social needs in harmony. Not of the first priorty. If one cannot find $$ (the fudemental) then can look for the next level which is the safety follow by social, next autonomy and utimately the self actualisation.

.... just like going back to schools hirechy of needs. bla bla bla.....

I think the theory goes like if you cannot achieve the fundamentals, you will never get to the next level.

I think that basically explains 80% of Singaporeans; all stuck at the bottom or 2nd rung (safety/security) where we are slogging for daily bread/butter, mortgage, loans, or worrying if we can get pay-raise because the credit card bill is getting bigger, worrying if we will get retrenched, etc etc so much so that we never go up to the higher level.

Its only when you can secure your basic needs, no fear that you will ever lose it, then you can move on to the next level. Thus you see alot of inconsiderate people, few of us really care anything about politics (social), no need to even mention get involved ourselves (autonomy) to achieve self-actualisation.

To know you stand on the hierachy, just ask yourself what is the most important thing to you RIGHT NOW: Earn more money? Job security? Family needs? Financial freedom? Or fair politics? Democracy? Global warming?

Hehe...I can go on and on about this, but abit off-topic plus sensitive also. All I can say is that our elite government is very good at playing the game of Maslow's hierachy of needs when securing their votes...

But we're not talking about life and death, so priority #1 shouldn't be $$$. What I mean is we're not asking the question of "bread or love". I'm assuming that we all have our basic needs, food, clothing, shelter but continues to work for $$$ to satisfy our wants to gain the quality of life impressed upon us by the society through the media day by day... seriously, when it boils down to the deathbed, no amt of cash in your bank will give you any kind of comfort, and you just want to be with the ones you loved. And if you have none, because you've spent your life building up financial treasures instead of giving a significant part of your time to the people you love, then you'll lie there wishing you can buy love with the money you have. But of course, it can't be done and it's too late...

:bangwall: sound a bit drama 8| really watch too many movies :(