Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Taurean

Blanco Granite Kitchen Sink

eh not really having puddling problem

maybe i've put it the wrong way

when i wash bowls with remaining contents in it

the food stuff tend to stay in the sink rather than flowing to the drainage hole

got to pour some water to 'push' the bits towards the drainage

think that's due to the flatness of the bottom, it's really really flat :rolleyes:

errr.. a bit off-topic, just wondering won't doing that clog ur drainage? :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
errr.. a bit off-topic, just wondering won't doing that clog ur drainage? !!

no leh, coz the sink came with a very big drainage hole

and the 'seat' can be removed to throw the food away

also, we don't really pour food into the sink lah

just happen that the rice stick to the bowl, or bits from the wok kinda thing !!

no leh, coz the sink came with a very big drainage hole

and the 'seat' can be removed to throw the food away

also, we don't really pour food into the sink lah

just happen that the rice stick to the bowl, or bits from the wok kinda thing :furious:

e... this may be stupid question :rofl: where is the 'seat' part in the drainage? does all sink hv this? :P

think it's my ability to describe things and using the correct term that's confusing 8| 8|

the seat as in the thing that blocks rubbish from going straight down the pipe

think some brands call it the refuse bin(???)

see the silver colour thing in the middle of the sink, that's what i was trying to describe

to no avail apparently :(

rondoprobowl_oh.jpeg

think it's my ability to describe things and using the correct term that's confusing :blink::wacko:

the seat as in the thing that blocks rubbish from going straight down the pipe

think some brands call it the refuse bin(???)

see the silver colour thing in the middle of the sink, that's what i was trying to describe

to no avail apparently 8|

rondoprobowl_oh.jpeg

hehehe.. no lah.. miscomm does happen and it takes 2 to tango :( me oso vry blur so... 8|

thanks for researching and sending the pix! now, it's crystal.. thanks! 8|

Hi Applefeak

Jus wondering if tis is an overmount or undermount sink? I m looking for an undermount, meaning dat the sink is lower than the counter top. Any idea where i can find one?

Thx for sharing. :P

from what i've read, almost 90% of sinks in singapore can either be overmounted or undermounted

only those with drainers or very thick edge cannot be undermounted

actually if you look carefully at my sink (blanco metra9)

it's Overmounted on the concrete support but the edges are covered by my countertop

as for the round sink, believe it can be either over or under mounted

same goes for my kitchen sink, either way is fine :P

Hi Applefeak

Jus wondering if tis is an overmount or undermount sink? I m looking for an undermount, meaning dat the sink is lower than the counter top. Any idea where i can find one?

Thx for sharing. !!

Yes, Applefreak is right -- most sinks can be over- or under- mounted. However, the ones that are made specially for under-mounting have very thin lips or edges, as applefreak mentioned.

BTW, if you undermount, the look to achieve is as shown below, although the undermounting was not perfect but better than most I've seen. I have seen other undermounted sinks where the edge of the worktop is completely flush with the sink edge and that, to me, is the perfect undermounting goal to meet.

MLR, that sink is available from Poh Joo @ Jln Besar.

DSC_5713.jpg

I hv tried to get my Blanco undermounted too, but local plumbers I've asked said the way they undermount is the sink will "sit" onto the plywood layer that supports the acrylic worktop, then the acrylic top is cut to "cover" the sink edge. i.e. the plywood layer supports the sink.

That means if I need to replace the tap in future I will have to hack away the acrylic top to take out the sink.

No plumber seems to use the other methods: (1) screw the sink to the countertop from beneath (2) fix strips of wood to act like "shelves" to hold the sink edges so that the sink could slide in / out from the front for future repairs if needed.

Seems I am resigned to top-mounting my sink (like shown below) because I need to provide for the strong possibility of lifting up the kitchen sink in future.

DSC_7529.jpg

Applefreak, you mentioned earlier yr plumber was able to fix the tap AFTER the sink has been under-mounted. I am most curious as to how he did that.

So applefreak, can you kindly tell how did yr plumber undermount yr sink? If you have to remove or replace the kitchen tap, how will you do that? If you have any photos to show, will appreciate most as then I can show my silly plumber what to do. TIA! :bangwall:

Edited by BlueFly

mine is done the same way as you've mentioned

i.e. the sink is sitting on the concrete support, then the granite countertop is placed on top

a cut-out is made on the granite for the sink

refer to my blog kichen category for pix of the sink

from setting on the concrete support, to granite top installed then the tap installed :bangwall:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...284&cat=213

i wasn't there when the plumber installed the tap so i don't know how he did it

but i believe the wide space below my sink really helps :yamseng:

mine is done the same way as you've mentioned

i.e. the sink is sitting on the concrete support, then the granite countertop is placed on top

a cut-out is made on the granite for the sink

refer to my blog kichen category for pix of the sink

from setting on the concrete support, to granite top installed then the tap installed :P

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...284&cat=213

i wasn't there when the plumber installed the tap so i don't know how he did it

but i believe the wide space below my sink really helps 8|

Hi, I have got the same sink and I saw my contractor installing the tap and piping after the sink was positioned over the solid surface. He basically just went below the cupboard to install the tap.

Not a big problem for someone who is taller than 1.75m.

applefreak, from ur blog ur sink area is a concrete counter. mine wil be part of the kitchen cabinet, wonder if the sink wil sit well and also if undermount wil water seeps into the wood and ltr the area under sink wil collaspe?

Bluefly, thx for the explaination, the 1st pics is wat i would like it to be.

Must say that the blanco metra9 @399 is a gd deal as most blanco sinks costs 500 & above.

:notti:

yes i went for a concrete support as i'm quite worried about the combined weight of a composite sink and granite countertop

also, it seems wooden cabinets don't really serve well as sink support i.e. moisture will cause the cabinet to smell :P

mlr: u'r welcomed.

cindy-monekeybone / applefeak: thanks for the heads up. think i will bite the bullet and have the sink under-mounted, altho i am keeping fingers crossed that i wldn't hv to replace the tap, soap dispenser, etc that are attached to the sink underneath in future.

previously my kitchen tap developed problems after 12 yrs and luckily the plumber was able to lift up the entire sink easily (it was top-mounted) to replace the tap. Otherwise it wld hv been impossible to do the replacement as the mounting nut to the kitchen tap was not the regular type seen here.

Hi Bluefly,

When wil it b done? Pls post pics of it after... :dancingqueen:

I m trying to check if the counter top can be cut with a grove (step), so that the sink sits on half the counter top. This way it will be just slightly lower the counter top.

Thx.