Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renoGirl

"designer Switches & Sockets"

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my electrician recommended from Yoong Shen at AMK Ave 10 for a better price.

i think it is cheaper but not sure if it is the cheapest cheapest.

1-gang $1.90 ($2.03 w GST)

2-gang $3.80 ($4.07 w GST)

3-gang $5.70

3-gang 2-way $8.80 ($9.42 w GST)

Heater switch $9.50 ($10.17 w GST)

Doorbell switch $3 ($3.21 w GST)

Yoong Shen Trading

531 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10

#01-2449

Singapore 560531

Tel: 6556 0550

Fax: 6556 0500

Hi,

May I know what is the brand of the items mentioned above?

My ID is charging me a lump sum $165 to supply and change from the existing HDB ones to silver MK ones:

2 nos of 2-gang light switch

3 nos of heater switch

1 no of 1-gang switch socket

5 nos of 2-gang switch socket

Any comments on the price? I was thinking of supplying my own to get better value.

Also, maybe someone can advise me what is this heater switch about? They are using this heater switch for my hob and hood. What so special about it as compared to most electrical quotations using 3-core cable for hob and hood, which is much cheaper?

Someone please advise.

Thanks

forget MK...

Hi MaCe,

I read that you advise using Clipsal, but do you think I can get them within this price range? Like I mentioned, I want to purchase them myself and the eletrician will charge me for labor to change them. But i don't want to blow the budget that was quoted.

Maybe you can advise a path forward.

Hi MaCe,

I read that you advise using Clipsal, but do you think I can get them within this price range? Like I mentioned, I want to purchase them myself and the eletrician will charge me for labor to change them. But i don't want to blow the budget that was quoted.

Maybe you can advise a path forward.

i am using LEGRAND. you need to try out the sockets/switches first before deciding. I didnt go for MK bcos plugging/unplugging 2 pins plugs seems to have a problem.

they arent expensive - www.ccm.sg

i am using LEGRAND. you need to try out the sockets/switches first before deciding. I didnt go for MK bcos plugging/unplugging 2 pins plugs seems to have a problem.

Legrand is good. i have both Legrand and clipsal 13A socket. Difficult to plug/unplug those 2 pins plugs for Clipsal. Very easy with Legrand.

Edited by hongss

Legrand is good. i have both Legrand and clipsal 13A socket. Difficult to plug/unplug those 2 pins plugs for Clipsal. Very easy with Legrand.

Can we get Legrand from ccm and Yong Sheng ? <-- got the answer, ccm is distributor

Edited by jule

I am thinking of changing the socket and switches myself. the electrician has created all the new points and in their scope of work, they usually include the normal white ones. right now they are going to charge me about about $15 for a MK one. Will save if I can supply it myself, but not sure if they are going to charge me again for labor. by right they shouldn't since they will be double-charging. But worse come to worse if they are going to do that, I am considering of doing it myself.

Found from the net on how to do it. Seems straight forward.

http://uktv.co.uk/style/stepbystep/aid/120

Any one can advise?

I am thinking of changing the socket and switches myself. the electrician has created all the new points and in their scope of work, they usually include the normal white ones. right now they are going to charge me about about $15 for a MK one. Will save if I can supply it myself, but not sure if they are going to charge me again for labor. by right they shouldn't since they will be double-charging. But worse come to worse if they are going to do that, I am considering of doing it myself.

Found from the net on how to do it. Seems straight forward.

http://uktv.co.uk/style/stepbystep/aid/120

Any one can advise?

$15 for a lousy MK??? might as well go rob a bank.

make sure your electrician uses the proper coloured wires. me didnt check and end up some of my socket all blue wires inside :sport-smiley-004:

$15 for a lousy MK??? might as well go rob a bank.

make sure your electrician uses the proper coloured wires. me didnt check and end up some of my socket all blue wires inside :sport-smiley-004:

That's my thoughts too. That's why I am considering to DIY as a last resort.

That's my thoughts too. That's why I am considering to DIY as a last resort.

Went down to CCM on friday, legrand prices infact are really good :notti:

1gang - $1.50

2gang - $3.00

3gang - $4.50

1x13A Socket - $ 2.60

2x13A Socket - $4.80

Clipsal ones are abit more expensive cos the 2 I enquire, one of them is the New Zencelo series another one is the Neo C-Metro Series.

For Zencelo: (Very slim and flat. Good choice if you have concealed wiring done :notti:zz )

1gang - $6.40

2gang - $10.20

3gang - $15.65

1x13A Socket - $10.50

2x13A Socket - $16.50

For Neo C-Metro Series:

1gang - $12.00

2gang - $22.00

3gang - $32.00

4gang - $42.00

1x13A Socket - $12.00

2x13A Socket - $18.50

Personally I like the Neo C-Metro Series a lot! But then need extra wire for the LED, now I have to check with my electrician is he willing to do it for me FOC, else I cant use this switch liao. Quite useless in the night, LED lights up when lights are off and LED goes off when u on the lights. Good for living area, maybe not suitable in bedroom if you are sensitive to lights.

I just moved into my new house around 2 days ago. The Clipsal C-Metro series switches LED are not as glaring as i initially thought when the room is totally pitch dark.

I personally like the grey switches due to its blue LED light. However due to the my wall colours, almost all the switches were the white LED one as the switches have to be in white. I also realised that some of my switches LED are brighter, while some switches LED are dimmer. :dunno:

I just moved into my new house around 2 days ago. The Clipsal C-Metro series switches LED are not as glaring as i initially thought when the room is totally pitch dark.

I personally like the grey switches due to its blue LED light. However due to the my wall colours, almost all the switches were the white LED one as the switches have to be in white. I also realised that some of my switches LED are brighter, while some switches LED are dimmer. !!

!! those switches cost a bomb....how much you pay for them?