Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zooyork

Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner

I don't own this vacuum cleaner therefore cannot comment on it specifically but just wanted to inform all that it is also important to consider the head design. Some head design is not suited for fragile flooring like marble or parquet, it will scratch badly and makes it look blur very quickly.

Best is to get a vacuum cleaner dedicated for parquet or marble floor. Ceramic or porcelain floors are more robust therefore are more tolerant of badly designed vacuum head.

I just bought that and have been using it for abt few mths. Previously was using normal vacuum cleaner. Rainbow is really much much better and is highly recommended!! if need, i can ask the person who sold the vacuum to me to do a demo to you at your place. They provide such services. Let me know if require !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it has quite a number of "heads" can choose the different ones to suit ur usage... we fell "victim" too... we bought one though we cannot afford it... grrr... but they have instalment plan... so nt so "xiong" ... actually the good thing abt it is that the filter doesnt need to be changed... plus it has 8 yrs warranty... it acts as an air purifier as well which is pretty good... the extension wire is long so i dont have to keep unplugging like our old vaccuum cleaner... plus it has wheels.. so jus wheel/push it all over the place... if you really want to invest in a good vaccuum cleaner, this is it! :)

I jus bot one Rainbow...cost us $3424.

Exp but seems gd...

How come my sales lady quote me $3700 ... if buy within 3 days .. will give $500 discount .... diff sales diff price ?

Beware these do not come with HEPA filters. And water based vacuums can have the worst performance with dust mites.

http://www.allergo.com/bedCareFAQ.html#waterVacuums

I use Dyson.

Dyson good ? beter than Rainbow ?

How come my sales lady quote me $3700 ... if buy within 3 days .. will give $500 discount .... diff sales diff price ?

Dyson good ? beter than Rainbow ?

ahnah u wanna buy ah? Let me check how much my sells person is selling... I keep you updated...That time she gave us quite a good price as commented by my friends.

some say $600 .. some say $800 for used model ..

some got from Galang Guni for $50 ..... so lucky

i hv once seen the demo done by a sales lady who came to my place last yr, wasnt paying much attention as my two new borns were crying. i cant even remember what brand was it. :dunno:

it looks pretty convincing when the 'dust & dust mites' was all floating in the water...tat's probably the only thing i can recall from that demo; but still i didnt buy for 2reasons: the unit looks really bulky - like a mini spaceship and for the price to pay, i have to use it very often for the value of money, which i dont have the time. Often we buy expensive items, use it for 1st months then keep in the storeroom as white elephant. Perhaps i will reconsider again for the interest of the family. :unsure:

Rainbow users, is the item bulky and takes up a lot of storage space? is it difficult to assemble? how about filter, vaccum bag or any other parts that requires to change regularly? do you need to buy any cleaning solutions to add into the water for cleaning/disinfectant? ;)

I heard it's an industrial vacuum cleaner. Sales commission should be more than $1.5K per unit coz it's in direct selling mode :dancingqueen: You think those salesperson so nice die die do whatever for you just to sell you 1 single unit of "Pelangi"??!

You still have to DIY. I used to use Dyson but it's not better than Magic Clean in terms of fine dust pick up. After switching to Roomba 550, even my ROMAN mop is giving almost transparent water for each mop for the whole house........

now I only need to do very minimal vacuum once a month (for areas above the skirtings especially) and mopping at most once a week :D

Edited by tingshen

My son very sensitive to dust and i'm quite worried that he will develop ashma. While shopping for a real good quality machine ( typical Singaporean ) , i got 3 representative to do demo in my house so that i can compare. I called Dyson , Rainbow and Kirby. I finally got Kirby because

Dyson - 2000w , ( high electricty comsumption ) , long host vacuum suction not that strong , water technology , ( About 3k )

Rainbow - About 2500w , 3 hidden filter , very low suction power after few years usage ( About $3.8k )

Kirby - Less than 600w , Nasa technology , very strong suction power , air output is purified air Can be use as sweeper , mop Without Using Water and yet can disinfect the floor using heat technology. Carpet shampoo machine too ( of course need water for this carpet shampoo parts )( About $3850 ) I'M VERY IMPRESSED......

Compare , Compare , Compare. That's Singaporean

Edited by hongkong

I have rainbow for 9 years and also use it to clean aircon.

A few occassions aircon water leak in the middle of the night and I used rainbow to suck out the water from the drainage pipe. Switched on the aircon and continued to sleep. :good:

Hi,

Can I check if anyone has the rainbow repair centre address and tel no. Mine stop working after using for around 8 years....

Thanks in adv!

Hi,

Can I check if anyone has the rainbow repair centre address and tel no. Mine stop working after using for around 8 years....

Thanks in adv!

i got this from the namecard of the rainbow sales rep to came to demo. NOt sure if this is the service centre, but can call for more info...

Healthy Homes Marketing Pte LTd

13 Kaki Bukit Rd 2, KB Warehouse Complex

Singapore 417844

Tel: 6749 1000

yes , it can clean aircon.

Most wonderful part of Kirby is you sweep and mop the floor without using water.

Where can i see the products of Kirby?