Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapea

White Laminate For Kitchen Cabinets

I wanted white initially, but changed it to silver instead.

Thinking that white will turn yellowish or get dirty easily.

Quite satisfied with silver/glossy grey.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
me also have white kitchen cabinets and white granite top ... piano glossy white. Was initially worried about how it will turn out (every relative seemed to advise that white got cleaning problems) but when finished overall effect was very good. As for maintenance, i guess i will have to check back one year later ... lolz

Yess.... finished product looks really beautiful. Saw one showflat with white glossy doors and granite top. Me want!:sport-smiley-018:! But so worried abt maintenance. Aiyah. Must decide soon. Tmr meeting ID to confirm.

Fingers crossed!

hi skweerel care to share pix of your kitchen here?

maybe can help TS make her decision :notti:

Yah... share your photos pluhleeese....

Hi mamapea..

My kitchen is also white with black counter top and black homegenous tiles.

My kitchen cabinets are in black / white hi gloss. So far no problems in mantainence.

My ID told me to keep the kitchen well maintained , one shd wipe the cabinet surface with thinner.

I've been wiping the cabinets with thinner at twice a mth as least , and it really works. Wiping with normal cleaning detergent might leave water spots so thinner does the trick.

It cost $3 only.

This is my kitchen ... !!

cabinet.jpg

kitchencabinet.jpg

Sooooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Agreed! Thanks for sharing.. After seeing the pics, I have more confidence in getting white laminates.. hehe..

Hi mamapea..

My kitchen is also white with black counter top and black homegenous tiles.

My kitchen cabinets are in black / white hi gloss. So far no problems in mantainence.

My ID told me to keep the kitchen well maintained , one shd wipe the cabinet surface with thinner.

I've been wiping the cabinets with thinner at twice a mth as least , and it really works. Wiping with normal cleaning detergent might leave water spots so thinner does the trick.

It cost $3 only.

This is my kitchen ... :dunno:

cabinet.jpg

kitchencabinet.jpg

thanks for the tip :)

hopefully mine will turn out just as nice.

ranval, mamapea, apple, binzz -- thanks! but our kitchen v small dats why ID/contractor suggested white n stainless steel to make it more sleek. Small coz we wanted to create more space in bath, toilet, vanity area, let the sunlight come in. lol, open concept, to the horror of parents, ID etc etc. But still came out not too bad with an angled trellis. If not, the old arrangement with separate toilet and bath was veri dark :

DSCN0025.jpg

angled trellis to vanity bath area

DSCN0006.jpg

i think in the end, thru reno process, some risk-taking inevitable. Quite sure ur white kitchens will come out nice! :yamseng:

just adding my 2 cents worth about white... me big fan of white furniture.. So far I feel that white laminates/cabinets etc is fine .. though white countertop (solid surface) is really hard to maintain... orange juice stains, tea stains... or just black marks from nowhere... then i use mr muscle and ended up with super white patches and thus uneven tones... quite exasperating! maybe i'm just using the wrong methods... anyone has better ways of cleaning solid surfaces?

Edited by christinetan

just adding my 2 cents worth about white... me big fan of white furniture.. So far I feel that white laminates/cabinets etc is fine .. though white countertop (solid surface) is really hard to maintain... orange juice stains, tea stains... or just black marks from nowhere... then i use mr muscle and ended up with super white patches and thus uneven tones... quite exasperating! maybe i'm just using the wrong methods... anyone has better ways of cleaning solid surfaces?

my old house wwhich is 6 yrs old kitchen is all white matt laminate. i have no problem with the color if u use those cleaners like now is mr muscle as it have a slight bleach content. yes, u must havea good laminates for white color. my new hse is now 9 mths old also all white laminates for kitchen. so rest assure.

solid surface hav a lot of brands. some brand very difficult to clean or need to ask contractors to come back to polish for u. hence, u can use good brands like, corean , samsung or Lg. the rest i m not sure whether they r good.