Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapea

White Laminate For Kitchen Cabinets

Hi mamapea..

My kitchen is also white with black counter top and black homegenous tiles.

My kitchen cabinets are in black / white hi gloss. So far no problems in mantainence.

My ID told me to keep the kitchen well maintained , one shd wipe the cabinet surface with thinner.

I've been wiping the cabinets with thinner at twice a mth as least , and it really works. Wiping with normal cleaning detergent might leave water spots so thinner does the trick.

It cost $3 only.

Ur kitchen looks superb..do u cook often? As i'm a heavy cooker leh.. I did some thinking of doing my kitchen cabinet in white gloss too...if u said that "thinner" will do the trick then i will sure opt for white then for my cabinet..

Edited by suhani76

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am also having a white kitchen! White glossy laminates with black granite top and black ceramic floor tiles(white grouting). Now in the installation process.

But 1 problem with white/pale laminates is the obvious darkbrown joint lines and less tolerant to uneven laminate cutting. I think the carpenters doing my kitchen are not very skilled in pasting & cutting the laminates and aligning the doors! :furious:

The carpenters can even install 1 right-side open door upside down, then proceed to rectify by swapping with the installing the door on the left, thus creating more visible "drill holes" and hinge marks on the white-pvc interior.

I'm trying to get my ID to rectify whereever possible. Hoping for a nicer kitchen look!

Edited by thevert

Hi mamapea..

My kitchen is also white with black counter top and black homegenous tiles.

My kitchen cabinets are in black / white hi gloss. So far no problems in mantainence.

My ID told me to keep the kitchen well maintained , one shd wipe the cabinet surface with thinner.

I've been wiping the cabinets with thinner at twice a mth as least , and it really works. Wiping with normal cleaning detergent might leave water spots so thinner does the trick.

It cost $3 only.

This is my kitchen ... :D

cabinet.jpg

kitchencabinet.jpg

:wub::wub:

Hey folks. is stardust white laminate good for white kitchen?

Is like got sparkles on the glossy white lor.

or piano white better?

Hi all,

I intend to do white cabinet kitchen and white wardrobe for my rooms, my contracter said for white colour might see waving effect, so advise to use the 2mm thick white glossy laminte which costs $200 per piece compare to the 0.7mm only $46 per piece, does anyone know how thick is your laminate?

Hi all,

I intend to do white cabinet kitchen and white wardrobe for my rooms, my contracter said for white colour might see waving effect, so advise to use the 2mm thick white glossy laminte which costs $200 per piece compare to the 0.7mm only $46 per piece, does anyone know how thick is your laminate?

mine is a normal glossy white one... forgot 1mm or 0.8mm, but definitely not the 2mm one cos my contractor told me 2mm one not worth it, dun waste money :rolleyes:

mine doesn't have wavy problem as per what i see now... i think there are plenty of pple here using white glossy laminate that can give comments... :)

Edited by marshmallow

mine is a normal glossy white one... forgot 1mm or 0.8mm, but definitely not the 2mm one cos my contractor told me 2mm one not worth it, dun waste money :rolleye:

mine doesn't have wavy problem as per what i see now... i think there are plenty of pple here using white glossy laminate that can give comments... :)

hey, thank you so much, i think i'll just use the normal laminate, the 2mm laminate is way too ex, 1 piece is already $200, if a 7.5 ft wardrobe will need to to top up around $616 :jawdrop:

White is my favourite colour and I am now in process of renovating my all WHITE kitchen cabinet. Just last weekend, my ID had chosen 1mm thickness white glossy laminate with some sparkling dots for my kitchen cabinets, and for the store room cum shoe cabinets.

3D of my all white kitchen cabinets

Edited by mae29

I used LAMITAK white laminate for my kitchen.

Can't rem but 1 forummer said to use 3M stainless steel cleaner to clean white solid top and laminate once a week.

My maid cooks everyday...so far, ok.

i moved in 6 months ago.