Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
help_needed

Need Help, Paid Deposit Now How?

Usually IDs with pushy sales people and tactics like "exhibition prices" and "$500 to secure cheap packages" will not refund you the deposit, simply because a big chunk of this $500 is the sales guy's commission.

Remember if you reduce their scope of work, tell them that its because you got tight budget. Try not to let them know that you are engaging another ID or contractor - some may take it very badly when they know you are not giving all the jobs to them. Best if you can get the next ID or contractor to come in after they finished their job.

I also thought of another issue that you might have: Reno permits. Can apply for two permits?? Anyone know about this can advise, I am not very sure...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi HELP

Maybe let them do floor tiles only....???

And tell them to offset the money deposit?

Then engage another contractor to do the rest?

Dont know it works or not.

Hi HELP

Maybe let them do floor tiles only....???

And tell them to offset the money deposit?

Then engage another contractor to do the rest?

Dont know it works or not.

We thought about it, probably, we will just do the basic. Just for the basic with tiling for living room, parquet for the bedrooms, kitchen cabinets, wardrobe in MBR, false ceiling for living and foyer, painting for the whole house, will cost near to $18k. Is this still expensive?

We thought about it, probably, we will just do the basic. Just for the basic with tiling for living room, parquet for the bedrooms, kitchen cabinets, wardrobe in MBR, false ceiling for living and foyer, painting for the whole house, will cost near to $18k. Is this still expensive?

Should be around that price...just dont add more carpentry works..that will greatly reduce the cost.

I mean for instance tv console, console wall, features walls.etc...if you wont mind do away with that.

actually you can try to negotiate with your id and tell him that you are facing a big financial problem and cannot do the complete renovation, but can only do a few things. Ask him to cancel the main contract and sign the new contract with less things. From there, if you want to break contract, it will be less also.

u complie a few quotes in a spreadsheet. Bring the spreadsheet and tell the ID the market price of the items u want to do. If they still charge u so high, u question them it

Things still can work out, maybe u can try this method?

Make use of it to do the toilet swee swee. if workmanship bad, at least hidden in the toilet.

Cannot lah, when guest come and use toilet, the toilet bowl give way...more chialet!

HI i am a newbie in this forum. Happen to saw this post which same as what happen to myself.

We are 4 room BTO owner which decided to renovate our house after staying for 16 yrs :) it suppose to be an fascinating  thing to look forward. We pin a high hope on the renovation as this is first big renovation after we move in so many years. Received a few recommendation ID and we meet this ID that present himself as very humble and genuine person.We decided to engage him and paid an deposit amount SGD 4K (10% of the total renovation cost). After all we notice that he is unable to produce a great idea how to do our house (our house has many odd shape and this has made know to him since the first visit to our house) and he suggested all remain the same only to change the color to look new. We think it don’t serve the purpose of engage the ID if only change the color as our first intention is to engage ID is hoping they can give a good suggestion on how to fully utilize our available space. We regretted our decision badly but however we are unable to retrieve back the deposit as it’s stated in the contract that the deposit is not refundable. We are kind of loss as we need to proceed the renovation with them or forfeited the deposit and find other ID who are more experience and serve better role as an ID. After all after found this platform a few days ago, we found that some not very good review on the renovation company itself. Made us even worry our the renovation progress.

Hoping that others members who meet the same situation, how you resolve this issue and any good suggestion that you may share with us?  Our total renovation quote is SGD47K and 10% deposit has been paid upfront to get 2/3D drawing produce.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:36 PM, BEDOK BTO BNW said:

Aiya.. Sorry to bring back this topic. 

I'm in this situation now. Any advise. 

I'm just going to case as back up and will meet the replacement ID in person this saturday. 

Hi Bedok BTO, may i know how u resolve this issue? Manage to get back ur deposit?