Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weezersg

Weezer's Studio

Got this small studio early this year. Still good condition. Reno just repainting, add some lighting and mainly do up the bathroom. Aircon, fridge still good condition so no need to buy new. Throw out the 'old' rusty dingy sharp washer. Anyway I need a dryer too. Decided to get those washer-dryer combo type as the bathroom is too small to stack dryer, will block the window for ventilation. Got a bosch dishwasher as well, lazy to do dishes. Spend quite a sum on chinese furniture and silk carpet. Just completed reno 3 weeks ago.

hall in a mess

284360053.jpg

bathroom mess

284360046.jpg

kitchen mess

284360042.jpg

After reno, my cosy studio :furious: very ming style as I love things chinese.

entrance foyer with a rotating chandelier

284359917.jpg

view toward entrance partition with a duobaoke

284359916.jpg

view from foyer into hall

284359911.jpg

view of the hall

284359909.jpg

view from another angle

284359908.jpg

view of hall at nite

284360072.jpg

view of the kitchenett

284360061.jpg

view of bathroom with the toshiba washer-dryer

284360084.jpg

view from hall toward bedroom

284359626.jpg

moving toward the inner sanctum.......sleeping quarter

my bedroom

284359623.jpg

at nite

284359631.jpg

looking toward the bathroom...entrance partition with smaller duobaoke

284359634.jpg

!! just wanna share a ming chinese style deco simple and yet refine as I find most people do their interior 'modern' or western style. It is something different.

For me, I love chinese culture, tradition and arts n crafts hence doing up as shown. painted the bedroom deep red-brick colour ala the colour of the wall of the forbidden city.

lastly my favourite appliance for the lazy me. :(

tabletop bosch dishwasher

284359629.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cool! You've got a really lovely place - certainly unusual. I especially like the look of the place when lit up with warm light. Do share more pix, perhaps of the bedroom? Am keen to see what type of bed you got to fit in with your oriental theme!

Cool! You've got a really lovely place - certainly unusual. I especially like the look of the place when lit up with warm light. Do share more pix, perhaps of the bedroom? Am keen to see what type of bed you got to fit in with your oriental theme!

!! There is no bed....I sleep on a futon which I can fold up and chuck into the cupboard in the day time. I normally dont do that unless got visitor coming, so as to free up more space....you know space is premium coz onli 600sqf

Hallo Weezersg,

Really eye opening for me to see so many Ming artifacts. Must be veri costly and careful to have so many of them in ur apartment. :P

welcome to renotalk

your place is really nicely done up :( :(

can ask where you got your furnitures from?

From Gnee Hong near Bras Basah, Feffco @ river valley rd, Singapore Handicrafts @ Eunos, and Yue Hwa @ Chinatown. Got the Duobaoke, chair set, and lamps from them.

"Really eye opening for me to see so many Ming artifacts. Must be veri costly and careful to have so many of them in ur apartment. "

:( They are chinese ming style furniture, but not antiques. They can be quite costly but can last very long.

The smaller deco pieces are collected mainly from China, Japan and Korea. Some are antiques some are fairly new pieces. I am not really into antiques but will keep an item if they are wellmade and beautiful, so they dont have to be too expensive.

wah yue hwa :bangwall:

have not been there but heard it's really pricey

me also got some pieces from SHC and Gnee Hong

find fefco a little too pricey too

shall continue my search for bookcases :dribble::(

btw, how do you find the washer-dryer so far?

me :jawdrop: :jawdrop: over this kind too but the price is inhibitive :jawdrop:

I agree YH & fefco more ex but I do find their stuff better quality. Yue Hwa and fefco must go during their sale. In fact got most items when they having sale.

The washer-dryer is good. Evrything comes out dry and hot, and not wrinkly.

Do not mix thick items like towel among your daily clothes, otherwise evrthing dry except the towel, think the sensor stop the drying when sense most are dry.

But for thick items like towel, best to wash them together. Even then they will 'feel' damp after done, just spread them out for a while then ok liow.

It is extremely quiet during operation you can even do laundry even middle of the nite :sport-smiley-018:

Another nice thing is you dont have to transfer from washer to dryer, it is all in one, good for lazy bum.

The main bad point is the cycle is very long can be up to 3-4hours depending on the wash mode and load. But is something I can live with.

Hope this mini review helps.

Thanks for the review! Good to know the Toshiba Lucent Washer-Dryer's a good one - I decided to bite the bullet and get that despite the price instead of the cheaper LG model cos I liked the ergonomical design of the tilted drum. Just one other question - did you encounter any shrinkage of your clothes after using the dryer function? Have heard stories of clothes shrinking after being through the dryer and have yet to decide if I'd just use the dryer for towels and bedding or for regular clothes as well. Thanks! ;0)

Thanks for the review! Good to know the Toshiba Lucent Washer-Dryer's a good one - I decided to bite the bullet and get that despite the price instead of the cheaper LG model cos I liked the ergonomical design of the tilted drum. Just one other question - did you encounter any shrinkage of your clothes after using the dryer function? Have heard stories of clothes shrinking after being through the dryer and have yet to decide if I'd just use the dryer for towels and bedding or for regular clothes as well. Thanks! ;0)

I find my clothes still okay at least not worse than before at my old place where I was using a standalone dryer.

This toshiba should be better because it is using condensing method to dry hence the long drying cycle, the hot air blast only comes last, the laundry area stays cool, unlike conventional dryer which is venting out hot air all the time. So shrinkage should minimise. I guess air-dry is best if want to avoid shrinkage !! Actually you can play around with the drying mode, one even allow it to be dry but slightly damp then you can iron to finish off.

The tilt drum is !! easy to load/unload clothes wo breaking your back.

HEY, u got a piece of GU QIN on the wall !!!

do u play? or juz for decor? hehe

!! actually there are one each on living and bedroom and one on the qin-zhuo. You guess leh...deco or play? Well finally got one wen-ren who knows what is a guqin. You play ? or other chinese instrument?

!! actually there are one each on living and bedroom and one on the qin-zhuo. You guess leh...deco or play? Well finally got one wen-ren who knows what is a guqin. You play ? or other chinese instrument?

wooowww !!

i was thrilled when i saw them on ur fotos. hehe. nvr met anyone who owns/plays a GuQin, u r the first! me played (been long time) guzheng... but guqin appeals to me more. lookg forward veri much to switching to guqin, juz tat i'd yet to figure out who in spore teaches tis unique musical instrument:p

wooowww :)

i was thrilled when i saw them on ur fotos. hehe. nvr met anyone who owns/plays a GuQin, u r the first! me played (been long time) guzheng... but guqin appeals to me more. lookg forward veri much to switching to guqin, juz tat i'd yet to figure out who in spore teaches tis unique musical instrument:p

True, few people play guqin esp in Spore. You can learn and buy your guqin from Three Tunes music shop at Chinatown point. I didnt learn from them but bought a few guqin from them. If you know guzheng, then you have good background to play guqin, though techniques can be quite different too.

Once a bimbo friend of mine saw my guqin and commented "I love your mini-guzheng, where did you get them?" I was like :dunno::jawdrop::rofl: Obviously she knows nuts about chinese instrument ;)

Once a bimbo friend of mine saw my guqin and commented "I love your mini-guzheng, where did you get them?" I was like :dancingqueen::bangwall: !! Obviously she knows nuts about chinese instrument :P

!! fine, at least she recognises a guzheng... ;):P

thks for e clue on chinatown point shop. will work it out one day. afterall, tis is one of the 'Five things that I muz do in this life' :(