Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Muslim Chinese Wedding Dinner/banquet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
oh yah when my uncle had his reception at raffles the plaza we had a halal table...and the food looks typically chinese wedding type, by courses and stuff like the cold dish platter, chicken, scallops etc. a friend did hers at conrad and they served by plate for the non-muslims. a bit sian, we only had 4 courses while the non-muslims had like 7?

where is raffles the plaza? :sport-smiley-004:

u muslim ah?

halal is not abt the kind of food... its about how it is prepared, etc.... so chinese dishes also can be halal... e.g. u familiar with Banquet foodcourt? serves chinese ,vietnamese, etc, but all are halal... for those conducting wedding, those muslims would prefer chinese cuisine if possible if its halal... otherwise many hotels when they talk abt halal, they will simply serve some soup and then briyani rice.. so while the chinese will have 10 course meal, muslims only get at most 7, the last one consisting of abt 4 dishes served together... by the time they finish eating, the non muslims at most only thru course number 6 maybe... if tok abt worth, for muslims, it a very expensive briyani meal.. haha...

i dont know what kind of halal food leh bcos havent went to food tasting yet. !!

LL huh, halal food how can be chinese dishes?! you dont confuse yourself leh. :sport-smiley-004:

LOL u really out of touch of outside world :rofl:...

all kind of halal food nah.. even shanghainese cuisine like "siao Long Pau" , Lar Mian & Teng Pao, & etc oso have halal nah... even Hokkien Mee oso have halal nah... its ok.

once again, ROYAL plaza on scott Hotel, have Muslim/Halal Chinese wedding dinner, jus that the max table only 17, i need 30++ tables.

it would be great if you hotel do cater the same as ROyal plaza on scott. i can save the headache lioa

i know even chicken rice also has halal la. what i mean is that you want exactly like the 9 course chinese dinner for your halal?? :bow:

as what gumbokins mentioned, swissotel the stamford has something like 9 course dinner for halal. :)

where is raffles the plaza? :sport-smiley-004:

u muslim ah?

at raffles city lor. just beside swissotel the stamford. both are the SAME hotel la. !!

if you dont believe then you call and check. they sure tell you swissotel the stamford = raffles the plaza. :rofl:

halal is not abt the kind of food... its about how it is prepared, etc.... so chinese dishes also can be halal... e.g. u familiar with Banquet foodcourt? serves chinese ,vietnamese, etc, but all are halal... for those conducting wedding, those muslims would prefer chinese cuisine if possible if its halal... otherwise many hotels when they talk abt halal, they will simply serve some soup and then briyani rice.. so while the chinese will have 10 course meal, muslims only get at most 7, the last one consisting of abt 4 dishes served together... by the time they finish eating, the non muslims at most only thru course number 6 maybe... if tok abt worth, for muslims, it a very expensive briyani meal.. haha...

:bangwall::unsure::sport-smiley-004: not worth it ,thanks for explaining, which im poor on this :)

i know. as i said, i dont know whether LL wanted halal 9 course dinner or what mah. :bangwall:

i know. as i said, i dont know whether LL wanted halal 9 course dinner or what mah. :bangwall:

ya chinese wedding dinner = typically is 8-9 course nah :unsure:

hey ask ur sales person leh, for more detial on muslim weddng diner na, hey btw ur side per table got $1000++?

dishes like sharkfin,cold dish & etc, all chinese alike dishes nah.

ya chinese wedding dinner = typically is 8-9 course nah :sport-smiley-004:

hey ask ur sales person leh, for more detial on muslim weddng diner na, hey btw ur side per table got $1000++?

this year the hotel has increased the prices again. to confirm you check with them. you call and check yourself la so that you can ask whatever you want to know la. dont be lazy! :)

when you see their bridal suite and you'll :bangwall: ! its at 60+ storey! :unsure:

Edited by korea

this year the hotel has increased the prices again. to confirm you check with them. you call and check yourself la so that you can ask whatever you want to know la. dont be lazy! :)

when you see their bridal suite and you'll :bangwall: ! its at 60+ storey! :unsure:

on the way mah :sport-smiley-004:..

i noe wedding dinner each year raise few hundreds. one nah. i noe.

on the way mah :unsure:..

i noe wedding dinner each year raise few hundreds. one nah. i noe.

i wont be contacting the hotel until nearer to our AD. :bangwall:

you cal tomolo then let me know. you've to book asap bcos usually fully booked. we booked a year in advance. since yours is in april then should book now liao lor. supposely should book either this year april or may. :bangwall:

you cal tomolo then let me know. you've to book asap bcos usually fully booked. we booked a year in advance. since yours is in april then should book now liao lor. supposely should book either this year april or may. :bangwall:

oh ok. i on mc running high fever now. i email them then... hope thru here can get experience pple give tips

oh ok. i on mc running high fever now. i email them then... hope thru here can get experience pple give tips

you're on mc today? now is already past 12am! hahaha.

you also can email them bcos usually they reply you very fast. :bangwall: but i feel that through phone you can get a clearer picture or ans. :sport-smiley-004:

LL, i'm sure you also have chinese guests right. so what food are you going to serve them? halal too? actually, you can have some chinese tables and some halal tables. no problem. :unsure:

i guess the most impt thing is you must quickly settle on a venue bcos i afraid most venues are fully booked by now. then you'll have lesser choices. :)

LL yes im muslim. heehee.

raffles the plaza bridal suite also nice, with poster bed. but the hotel is only 30 storeys?

actually i think the trend these days is not to hv a muslim table, but to let ur muslim guests sit at the other tables and serve ala carte dishes becoz some ppl prefer to sit with ppl they know. honestly its not v fun, hv to eat v slowly but end up staring at the non-halal servngs anyway.

also, dont ppl book their wedding dinner a yr in advance?